Application to first contact?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Application to first contact?

Post by final28 »

For those who have recently gone through the process, how long did it take from submitting your application until you heard from HR?
---------- ADS -----------

Canada340
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Application to first contact?

Post by Canada340 »

Approximately 6 weeks. I know guys that have been contacted anywhere between 4-10 weeks after applying. For those guys I know it was the lower time guys that took longer to be contacted.
(I applied with 4000+ TT, 1500 Multi Turbine PIC)

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Canada340 wrote:Approximately 6 weeks. I know guys that have been contacted anywhere between 4-10 weeks after applying. For those guys I know it was the lower time guys that took longer to be contacted.
(I applied with 4000+ TT, 1500 Multi Turbine PIC)
Is 4000+ HRS low time? I have 3000+ BE20 PIC time. I'm still waiting to be called.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Piss off Nicky...why have the mods not removed your nonsense?

To add to the confusion, I heard back about 3 weeks after an internal referral. I had been applying to each job ad as they came out but hadn't heard anything. I don't know if it was the referral that did the trick, or if it was just coincidence.

Good luck with the application. When you get the call PM me with any questions you may have.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

skypirate88 wrote:Piss off Nicky...why have the mods not removed your nonsense?

To add to the confusion, I heard back about 3 weeks after an internal referral. I had been applying to each job ad as they came out but hadn't heard anything. I don't know if it was the referral that did the trick, or if it was just coincidence.

Good luck with the application. When you get the call PM me with any questions you may have.
Which part of my post is nonsense?
Telling me to piss off is not very nice.

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

I submitted my application on June 15. Just got a call from HR today. Interview on August 11.

FlyB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyB »

It took me about a month to get the phone call. I was at 2000 hours/ 500mpic

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

That's quick.

Is the trend for Jazz to go after lower time applicants vs. those with more time/experience?

If so, why ?

Gravity always wins
lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

I've heard form anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks lately.

Ideas as to why they want low timers.
-stay longer before moving on
-will work for less $
-less "bad habits" possibly
-Captains for years with thousands of hours might have trouble going back to the right seat? Low timers typically won't have held a command position for long if at all.

Who knows...

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Kosiw wrote:That's quick.

Is the trend for Jazz to go after lower time applicants vs. those with more time/experience?

If so, why ?
From what I've personally seen and been told.. they are hiring from the pool of applicants based on personality. I have yet to see anyone hired with incredibly low time. Most are over 2k.. some below and a lot above. The common trend is someone thats reasonable to work with on a 4 day pairing and able to move through the training program with little fanfare. There are some with few hours and some with lots of hours that will meet that standard. Our class as an example had everyone from folk with serious jet time, to those out of medevac and charter ops and even one goofy float rat. The lowest experience level was around the 2k mark.. I know that may be decreasing as the availability of pilots changes.. that pool is shrinking, as the market is fairly competitive. Encore, sunwing, transat, Sky and Porter have all been hiring consistently for the last year or two.. I would imagine as a result of this, those with considerable experience that wanted airline jobs have gotten them, and those that can't 'afford' the pay cut will continue elsewhere in the industry. Those that are eager, likeable, trainable and have or are close to their A's will continue to be hired.

Theres no conspiracy or magic to this.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Rowdy wrote:
Kosiw wrote:That's quick.

If so, why ?
From what I've personally seen and been told.. they are hiring from the pool of applicants based on personality. I have yet to see anyone hired with incredibly low time. Most are over 2k.. some below and a lot above. The common trend is someone thats reasonable to work with on a 4 day pairing and able to move through the training program with little fanfare. There are some with few hours and some with lots of hours that will meet that standard. Our class as an example had everyone from folk with serious jet time, to those out of medevac and charter ops and even one goofy float rat. The lowest experience level was around the 2k mark.. I know that may be decreasing as the availability of pilots changes.. that pool is shrinking, as the market is fairly competitive. Encore, sunwing, transat, Sky and Porter have all been hiring consistently for the last year or two.. I would imagine as a result of this, those with considerable experience that wanted airline jobs have gotten them, and those that can't 'afford' the pay cut will continue elsewhere in the industry. Those that are eager, likeable, trainable and have or are close to their A's will continue to be hired.

Theres no conspiracy or magic to this.
Ill 2nd that. Everyone on my course last year had almost 3k and all but one had multi turbine command. The 1500hr pilots are hired but they are not necessarily the standard candidate. It appears having your A's written is an absolute must atm, regardless of total time.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

On my course there were a few guys with under 1500 TT, but it seemed like all of them at least had a little MPIC. I don't know if they had ATPL written complete or IATRA. We had guys come from a Navajo up to an ATR. I had under 2000 hours and an ATPL. I also came wit 1600 as SO on the 727...although I suspect that didn't matter much.

I think trying to make sense of what HR is looking at for that first call will give you a headache. Just apply and see what happens. If you know someone here ask and see if they could submit a referral for you. It will get attached to your profile.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

I'm aware of a number of pilots hired at Jazz in the last year with hours ranging from 1300-2000. The lower time ones all had one thing in common though, A's written and either MPIC or PIC and turbine time.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

I'm currently sitting at 1500+ tt and only 50 multi total with As written. Can I assume my chances are slim to none?

Thanks

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

Without any multi time, yeah I'd say pretty slim. But I also don't work in Jazz HR so who knows.

Find yourself a right seat turbine twin job and I betcha in 6 months you'll have an interview.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

lazyeight wrote:Without any multi time, yeah I'd say pretty slim. But I also don't work in Jazz HR so who knows.

Find yourself a right seat turbine twin job and I betcha in 6 months you'll have an interview.

I betcha that won't be enough, I have resume in with 4500 plus PIC Turbine and no interview.

Last edited by NickyNick on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

Why does your total time keep going down?? Used to be 3900.

P.S. F#%$ Off

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

NickyNick wrote: I betcha that won't be enough, I have resume in with 4500 plus PIC Turbine and no interview.
Why don't you post that resume you speak of for all to see? You might get some feedback. Use a fake name of course.

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

Nice edit job there. 600 more hours in a couple months? Seems legit...

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Stop feeding the troll

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”