Cabin crew

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YNYTS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cabin crew

Post by YNYTS »

at what point, do you not allow a passenger leave their seat and use the bathroom, still at the gate, fa's have not done their safety briefing yet and flight crew announces another 5-10 minute wait for paperwork?????
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Cabin crew

Post by ahramin »

When the seatbelt sign is on.

YNYTS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YNYTS »

seat belt sign not on, toddler crying cause she has to go to the washroom flight attendant, says pee on the seat - so basically saying pee in your clothes and sit in em for a 4 hr flight, f/a also mentioned it was a transport Canada regulation and walked away. i have worked in the airline industry for 10yrs and never once have heard of that "regulation" as seat belt not on, cabin check not complete, ect...

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

At Air Canada I have been called just prior to pushback plenty of times by the cabin crew to advise me there was a passenger in the washroom. In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, let them have a relaxing pee. It usually only takes a couple of minutes. The flight attendant should have let the passenger have their squirt and kept the flight deck advised.

I've also been taxiing and the flight attendants have advised that someone has just gone into the washroom. Once again, no big deal. I just either pull over and stop, or if I am going to hold up other aircraft taxi very slowly and carefully.

If I were the passenger and had to have a pee prior to take-off of course I would hold it as long as possible but just prior to pissing myself I would have just told the flight attendant that nature calls and I am going to the can...no ifs, ands, or butts (excuse the pun).

In my opinion, the flight attendant may have been following the rules, but she wasn't using common sense.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I don't think there is any regulation that says you can't go to the washroom when the sseatbelt sign is on. However there is one that says you must follow the instructions of the crew

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

YNYTS wrote:at what point, do you not allow a passenger leave their seat and use the bathroom, still at the gate, fa's have not done their safety briefing yet and flight crew announces another 5-10 minute wait for paperwork?????
I hope your not just posting here. Contact Air Canada customer service.

My bet is your experience comes down to the preasure FA's are under for on time departures. With summer turn times and loads, on time departures are harder and harder to accomplish. FA's can not close the door until the cabin is completely secure. That is mandated by Transport Canada. So if someone goes to the bathroom at the last second, they can't close the door and the FA's will be blamed for the delay.

Not excusing the issue, just pointing you in what is likely the problem. I too have noticed some of our FA's appear to be overly stressed at the moment.

A couple of facts for you when contacting AC. These are not universal either. Just how AC does it.

1) At AC the safety demo is only started after push back.

2) On the ground the seatbelt sign only indicates to the FA's when fueling is finished. If it is on fueling is complete. If it is off, fueling is ongoing and the FA's need to stay near specific exits.

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

Fanblade wrote: I too have noticed some of our FA's appear to be overly stressed at the moment.
I wonder if that's the reason I encountered the most disgruntled sour mood F/A I have ever seen since I can remember. Flight was from Dallas to Toronto a few months back, and oh my lord. Slamming overhead bins, dropping F-Bombs. She stalked up and down the aisles like she was trying to jamm her heels thru the floor boards.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

To be fair that wouldn't be an AC FA. I think sky or jazz is doing Dallas now.

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

Well the aircraft said Air Canada Express on the side, and her name tag was Air Canada.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Yep. Like I said. Still no excuse though.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Meecka wrote:Well the aircraft said Air Canada Express on the side, and her name tag was Air Canada.
The Dallas to Toronto route is Air Canada Express Embraer175 service operated by SKYREGIONAL AIRLINES.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

YYZ-DFW is definitely operated by SkyRegional, but it's all Air Canada "product".

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

rudder wrote:
Meecka wrote:Well the aircraft said Air Canada Express on the side, and her name tag was Air Canada.
The Dallas to Toronto route is Air Canada Express Embraer175 service operated by SKYREGIONAL AIRLINES.
Oh, well then that makes things alright.

Return to “Air Canada”