BEECHCRAFT 1900 CAPTAIN AND FIRST OFFICER POSITIONS

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

esp803

Re: BEECHCRAFT 1900 CAPTAIN AND FIRST OFFICER POSITIONS

Post by esp803 »

PR, I'd be happy to enlighten you.

I work out of a city, and a beautiful one at that (I've posted enough on here that if you really want to know it shouldn't take long). It was on floats for about 4 months. Experience requirements for the job? I'm not entirely sure, I was hired over a pint, never had to submit my hours, although I had virtually no float time, I think I did my first flight on the van on floats with about 220 hours on floats. As for how many interviews? I'm not sure, but there isn't much movement at my company so I don't think very many.

As for you 4 +'s

1) Multi engine experience
2) Turbine experience
3) Multi crew experience
4) The ability to live in YVR/YYC (I'm only assuming you do not live in a densely populated area and could be wrong on this one)

You're correct about the multi engine time, but I don't care about an extra lever. Turbine? Our Otter and Caravan both have one of those fancy things at the front, although I think it takes more skill to fly the 985 or 520 on a hot day with an external... Turbines are easy, it baffles my mind that people think so highly of turbine time. Multi crew? I can operate my own flap lever, thank you. I've flown multi crew, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to adapt to SOP's. Live in YYC/YVR, well no, you got me there, but you wouldn't catch me living in either for 50k... what's the average house price? As someone else said: Banks don't accept turbine time, even if it's multi-pic.

You did hit the nail on the head about the 705 thing, not my cup of tea, and I'm going to back out of this debate for that very reason. All I care about in my job is salary, time off and benefits, and with that in mind 705 is really not for me apparently. Enjoy chasing tin guys/gals, I'll take my lifestyle over 50k in YYC any day of the week.

E
---------- ADS -----------

takamasa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by takamasa »

anyone got a call yet for 1900 fo position interview yet?

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Feb 27 1900 GRSC is already filled in YVR. I know they were looking to run a couple back to back, and they are pretty famous for calling on pretty short notice sometimes... perhaps they have you planned for the second one but haven't told you? Must be frustrating.

Don't be afraid to call, the HR lady is pretty patient in explaining where you stand.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Was your interview Jan 15 or Feb 15? If it was Jan 15 I'd call to follow up... If it was Feb 15 it's typicall to wait a couple weeks, but you'd still be in the right to call and follow up.

Cheers,
PR

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Last edited by Rowdy on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wacko
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Wacko »

just not impressed by HR and their follow up. no PFO. no reasons. no response. very frustrating. :rolleyes:
Understatement of the year

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac. George Orwell
Disclaimer: The above post was not meant to offend anyone.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

As for 50K being industry standard, SW and NCA both pay more to start, so not sure what industry they are referring to but it's not the YYC BE19o aviation industry... Maybe some other industry?

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

I think one thing CMA offers that others don't is total time pay? Don't quote me, but I believe if you come in with more than basic CAPT experience or F/O experience, you go up the scale.

HORUNNER
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by HORUNNER »

Any flight beni's or jumpseats yet?

Anyone can do it, I just do it better ! ! !
FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Any updated 2015 pay scales for first year B1900 F/O? (32k starting still accurate?) Anyone work at CMA that would like to chime in as to what kind of work schedule they have, hours flown in a year, flight passes, per diems etc? Just got a voice mail from Diane in HR... :) I know, I know I could ask her but I would like some opinions from pilots about working conditions and what they like and dislike about current CMA life. Also, are all the B1900 still decked out with the old dreaded KLN90B, or are they planning on upgrading their avionics?

gaamin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gaamin »

Last edited by gaamin on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Been quiet regarding CMA lately, any update on how things are there these days ?

Gravity always wins
Monorail Conductor
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Monorail Conductor »

If youre going from a northern 703/704 op to CMA, its gonna be like disneyland. Schedule every month, flight benefits for self and family (though no j/s which is lame AF), bases in YVR and YYC if thats what youre after. high turnover, so you can gain seniority and upgrade relatively quickly. No more sweeping wings, chucking bags, pop and chip runs, or working in a cabin that smells like KFC. Although the element of adventure of a northern op is gone. It gets wearisome driving to Williams Lake, Quesnel Prince George etc day after day. Sometimes I miss KFC and the odd free bag of ketchup chips that couldnt hold up to the pressure.

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

I see CMA advertising today.
Is asking for 2000 hrs and ATPL for a 1900 f/o realistic in this environment?

Anybody have recent info/comments on the company they care to share?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I'd imagine they are thinking quick upgrade. DEC requirements are only 500hrs higher. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a captain PPC initially and switch seats within a year. A very good question for the interview.

Typically a 800hr pilot is perfectly capable of being a 1900 FO, but it's a long time before they are ready for the left seat.

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

Latest info on 1900 f/o pay scale I can find is several years old.
Anybody have current numbers or other info on working there?

Return to “Employment Forum”