Assessment session - algebra

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Assessment session - algebra

Post by Hot Wings »

Anyone know what the pass mark of the assessment's algebra section is? How it is calculated? I feel as though when I wrote the exam, I didn't seem to get many of the questions finished. It concerns me, because I feel fairly confident on passing the rest of the sections.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Assessment session - algebra

Post by outflying8 »

unfortunately there are no posted thresholds for passing. NavCanada does not detail how the assessment is evaluated, what the passing marks are or even how well you did on each individual section, it is simply a successful or non-successful. Took about 1.5 weeks for me to get my green light. (I Got a red light on my first attempt in 2012), at least now you don't have to pay the $200 fee :)

As far as not getting to see all the questions. I don't think hardly anyone finishes all of the questions on most of the exams, they are designed to take longer than allowed so only the truly exceptional will finish all the questions and get a high percentage, even they wont finish all the exams, it is just not possible. I felt I failed a couple parts of the assessment such as the audio recording memory section, I didn't feel I answered enough questions (plus they penalize you for incorrect answers) but someone I got the green light, just did my first round interview and got the green light, sent my documents in and awaiting call for second round interview (hopefully)

At the end of the day you just have to relax, stressing won't change the outcome now and as much as it sucks, you just have to wait.....Feel free to PM me if you ever wanna chat about it...

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
poseidon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by poseidon »

Its possible to complete all of the tests except for the audio one. I think there was only one test other than the audio one that i didn't complete, but that's because i wasn't paying attention to the time

bobbert
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bobbert »

Yeah,

I think its possible to answer most of the tests, If I remember correctly, i was able to answer all the questions except for the audio section and ran 2 or 3 short in one of the objects test.

The easiest one for me was the W-sim, I had time to do a complete review of that entire section.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”