Training Logistics Winnipeg -> Moncton FSS

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

hidaniel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Training Logistics Winnipeg -> Moncton FSS

Post by hidaniel »

I interviewed out of Winnipeg but am being sent to Moncton for the upcoming FSS course in September. Should I be successful will I be in the Winnipeg or Moncton FIR region for phase 2 of training?
---------- ADS -----------

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Training Logistics Winnipeg -> Moncton FSS

Post by TGSky »

You should definitely call to find out because it sounds like a unique situation. My guess would be that if you're doing the course in the Moncton FIR you would likely get posted in that region as well.

Either way congrats on being put on course! I was hoping to be in that FSS course but it looks like it won't be working out for me.

chobs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chobs »

I second the advice of the first response - you are best to call Nav directly to find out what your future might hold.

However, FSS is a national training program, not regionalized as far as I'm aware. For example, the three current YQM students about to gradate from the FSS course are all being posted outside of this IFR, all across Canada.

The students are put wherever there is the most need, unlike IFR or VFR where you stay in your FIR after training. I believe it's entirely possible you wouldn't end up in YQM or YWG after basic is over.

W0XOF
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by W0XOF »

FSS training is all regionalized. However, they have been sending some trainees to other regions who need them. Short staffed or to release people who have won bids to transfer to other regions. For instance, send a trainee who graduates out of YVR FIR to YWG FIR in order to release someone who has won a bid from YWG FIR to YVR FIR.

Read you 2 by 2. Too loud and too often!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”