Logbook Question

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MIQ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Logbook Question

Post by MIQ »

Thanks guys, that's basically what I thought. To keep it simple, I'll just log it as dual, it's not too many hours anyway. Just would have been nice to log it as PIC. Needless to say, I prefer the FAA way over TC...
---------- ADS -----------

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

Log it as dual to keep TC happy. That
way, you can count it towards your ATPL
without any confusion, down the road.

Free advice: if you log PIC when you are
the sole occupant of the aircraft, you're
golden.

fpsbc
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fpsbc »

Sorry for bringing this topic up again. Just purchased a Jepp logbook and noticed that their are no names for the PIC and Co-Pilot. Was wondering if we legally require the names? The CARs say you just need to tell who the PIC during the flight was but does that include showing your name or just writing in hours under PIC? Or do I have to write in the remarks section who flew. Thanks again for the insight.

Flypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flypilot »

I kept a paper and excel log till shortly after my ATPL, then stopped with the paper log. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem? I was recently checked out on a new type and after the flight the guy wanted to sign me off in my logbook. I hadn't thought of that scenario when I stopped with the paper log so wondering if anyone can tell me what is the appropriate thing to do?

Max from CH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Max from CH »

Hi,

I’m a swiss a freelance helicopter pilot and flight instructor. If still someone is interested in a “free” pilot logbook, I’m using the ROTAIR FlightLog (www.flightmanagement.ch) and I’m very happy with it. It offers as many custom fields as I need and it’s very easy to use. And the best for me is that when I write reviews in the Appstore it’s free :wink:!

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ThatArmyGuy »

This is the thread that never ends...

Return to “General Comments”