First year fo pay?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: First year fo pay?

Post by KenoraPilot »

If you're on RSV you per diems could be very low or very high depending on the base and month. In YVR RSV FO was getting called approx 50% of my RSV shifts (as a commuter that sucked). So i'd take home $500/mth in per diem on RSV blocks. Lots of single days in YVR. Can't speak for the other bases. Once you hold a flying block per diem should be $1000+ for sure.....as long as you don't FLICA away all your pairings.
---------- ADS -----------

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

KenoraPilot wrote:If you're on RSV you per diems could be very low or very high depending on the base and month. In YVR RSV FO was getting called approx 50% of my RSV shifts (as a commuter that sucked). So i'd take home $500/mth in per diem on RSV blocks. Lots of single days in YVR. Can't speak for the other bases. Once you hold a flying block per diem should be $1000+ for sure.....as long as you don't FLICA away all your pairings.
Can confirm.

dunkafa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dunkafa »

Interesting talk about the high paid FOs and captains on how its great here.

Jazz is a good company (yes i do work here) but we are talking about salary here and i just gave facts and my feeling about it
I came we 3000h with mostly multi PIC time, i knew i will take a hit but i still did it because its just the only way to AC since they changed they hiring procedures with flow through (if not i would have stayed where i was waiting for the call)

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

dunkafa wrote:Interesting talk about the high paid FOs and captains on how its great here.

Jazz is a good company (yes i do work here) but we are talking about salary here and i just gave facts and my feeling about it
I came we 3000h with mostly multi PIC time, i knew i will take a hit but i still did it because its just the only way to AC since they changed they hiring procedures with flow through (if not i would have stayed where i was waiting for the call)
I am sorry this turned out such a disappointment for you, to the point you feel the need to come on a public forum to trash the place that puts bread on your table... With your time you should have no problem going back to 703 and spending the rest of your life slugging it on some clapped out Beechcraft that were built probably sometime long before you were even born.

I don't work like a slave, matter of fact I haven't cashed out a single overtime credit hour so far... I made 72K flying a King Air for a really good company and the take home pay was not much more than what I take home here once the tax man took his share.

You are, and for some unknown reasons, trying to over exaggerator this issue which makes me think you are either bitter over an issue unrelated to pay or just a troll.

Last edited by iamnomaverick on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I'm not sure why your hours factor into this. If so, I have close to 5k, mostly PIC with a vast array of experiences, albeit the bulk of my time is on floats. Is Jazz tenfold better than every other operator I've worked for? You bet your ass..

Lets look at what Jazz provides that MOST 703/704 don't.

1) ESOP - up to 6% of your income purchases gets matched at 60%. yeah I know, most of the 705's do this.. Does your navajo or king air op?
2) MSP covered (saves me $150/month)
3) Performance incentive/bonus for OTP etc
4) A dental program that is hands down one of the best
5) Loss of licence protection through the union
6) GREAT short term and long term disability programs ( you don't realize just how important this is until you need it)
7) SOLID medical benefit coverage. I got laughed at when I asked my last employer about chiro and RMT treatments for the hell they put my back through.
8) +80hrs sick pay a year that carries over to a two year max/
9) 2% wage increases per annum above the YOS increases.
10) Scheduling rules. Not even all the 705's have rules this positive for quality of life of the pilot group. MINIMUM 12 days off a month. A duty rig. A min. daily credit. Solid overtime trigger. Incentives for those that want the overtime or to pick up on days off. Four priority days off a year. Plus all the other little nuances I can't be bothered to type out.

Does your king air operator have travel perks? How about jump seat agreements with piles of other airlines?

I should go in and tally up the costs of all of the benefits.. I bet ya it comes out well above what you'd 'bring home' at that nice little king air gig ;)

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

iamnomaverick wrote:
I don't work like a slave, matter of fact I haven't cashed out a single overtime credit hour so far... I made 72K flying a King Air for a really good company and the take home pay was not much more than what I take home here once the tax man took his share.
Heck, I worked 3 WDOs this month and had to turn down a 4th due to CARs rest requirements. I never thought I'd ever wish that the CARs were a little less prohibitive when it came to rest in this case. Up North, I'd come home every day tired and stressed out. Here, I come home relaxed, get a good nights sleep, and can do it all again the next day no problem. It's honestly the least taxing lifestyle I have ever had. If anyone wants the extra money, it's there to be had. Even when it came to free time, I had a lot of pairings with early starts that got me back to base before 9am. Quick nap, and it would feel just like it was a day off in the first place.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Tail-Chaser wrote:
iamnomaverick wrote:
Heck, I worked 3 WDOs this month and had to turn down a 4th due to CARs rest requirements. I never thought I'd ever wish that the CARs were a little less prohibitive when it came to rest in this case. Up North, I'd come home every day tired and stressed out. Here, I come home relaxed, get a good nights sleep, and can do it all again the next day no problem. It's honestly the least taxing lifestyle I have ever had. If anyone wants the extra money, it's there to be had. Even when it came to free time, I had a lot of pairings with early starts that got me back to base before 9am. Quick nap, and it would feel just like it was a day off in the first place.
Same here, I have a lot of free time even when I pick up and extra day of two... I have been on 3 different vacations since I started working here and have another one planned next month.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

I like how the f**ktards justify their actions. Both those who signed the race to the bottom contract and those signing up for it.

It's easy to sell the unborn while at a comfortable wage, all the while saying you're forced into it? Really? Are you that stupid? Guess we know how future contracts will transpire with lemmings voting yes. Grow some balls or get a real union that'll fight for your career.

And it's easy to say Jazz/other express carriers is the way to AC. It's not, they hire OTS too. And from what I hear it'll be more than 20% next year.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

AirMail wrote:I like how the f**ktards justify their actions. Both those who signed the race to the bottom contract and those signing up for it.

It's easy to sell the unborn while at a comfortable wage, all the while saying you're forced into it? Really? Are you that stupid? Guess we know how future contracts will transpire with lemmings voting yes. Grow some balls or get a real union that'll fight for your career.

And it's easy to say Jazz/other express carriers is the way to AC. It's not, they hire OTS too. And from what I hear it'll be more than 20% next year.
We don't have to justify our actions to no one. if you need me to remind you, you don't work for Jazz so you don't really get a say in what way Jazz pilots' group vote/should have voted... Also, this thread is about salary not the contract.

For the record the current pay scale catches up to the old scale after 4 years service so Jazz is still a great career choice for those interested, and to add, upgrade times are now lower so you would make captain pay after 2-3 years instead of 8 so it evens out nicely.

As for going to AC, not everyone who comes here comes to go to AC, Many of us are planning on making Jazz a career. I will be very happy making well over 100K here while working half of the month for a great company and living in the city I want to live in but that is just me and those are MY priorities.

Last edited by iamnomaverick on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

For the record the current pay scale matches the old scale after 4 years service so Jazz is still a great career choice for those interested, and to add, upgrade times are now lower so you would make captain pay after 2-3 years instead of 8 so it evens out nicely.
Could someone, post said scales?

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Grey_Wolf wrote:
For the record the current pay scale matches the old scale after 4 years service so Jazz is still a great career choice for those interested, and to add, upgrade times are now lower so you would make captain pay after 2-3 years instead of 8 so it evens out nicely.
Could someone, post said scales?
I apologise I meant to say "catches up" not "matches up". As in after 4 years the annual pay increases are higher (increases by $7-8 a credit hour instead of the ~$2) annually.

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Double post.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

So ... is this the current scale (hourly rate) with 77.5 hours guaranteed?

Years - Hourly Rate / Annual Based on Mins FO
1- 37.45 / 34830
2- 38.49 / 35795
3- 39.54 / 36772
4- 41.62 / 38707
5- 48.90 / 45477
6- 55.38 / 51503
7- 61.33 / 57037
8- 63.79 / 59325
9- 66.34 / 61696
10- 68.88 / 64160

iamnomaverick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by iamnomaverick »

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Grey_Wolf wrote:So ... is this the current scale (hourly rate) with 77.5 hours guaranteed?

Years - Hourly Rate / Annual Based on Mins FO
1- 37.45 / 34830
2- 38.49 / 35795
3- 39.54 / 36772
4- 41.62 / 38707
5- 48.90 / 45477
6- 55.38 / 51503
7- 61.33 / 57037
8- 63.79 / 59325
9- 66.34 / 61696
10- 68.88 / 64160
Based on absolute bare bones minimum. The 77.5 is a minimum. You'll rarely if ever see a block that low, as such I personally haven't seen a blocking window below 79 hrs. I personally have yet to have a month where I was blocked under 82.5hrs. I averaged the year that I've been here, just for what I was blocked to (No WDO, block growth, REA etc) and its 84.5. My average month with NBG and WDO's.. 90. Thats working 15-16 days a month.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Thanks for the reply!

So here's a scale the depicts 85 hrs (not sure when OT triggers).

Years - Hourly Rate / Annual Based on 85 Credits (FO)
1- 37.45 / 38199
2- 38.49 / 39260
3- 39.54 / 40331
4- 41.62 / 42452
5- 48.90 / 49878
6- 55.38 / 56488
7- 61.33 / 62557
8- 63.79 / 65066
9- 66.34 / 67667
10- 68.88 / 70258

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

It's been my experience that a first year FO blocking 85hrs a month can expect to have roughly $3400 deposited into their account after tax/union/benefit deductions and the addition of perdiems each month. These figures are based on a 15-16 day month.

I havent seen less than 85 rostered in the last year and my average has been noth of 88. OT kicks in after 85hrs therefore any extra flying you do is at time and a half. With perdiems a single WDO will bring in another $250ish depending on perdiem due to the length of the duty day.

These figures are not gaurantees and your view may vary depending on how you view perdiems.

Cheers
PR

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

OT is triggered at 85 hours. You also get time and a half for doing a WDO (working day off), even if you haven't passed 85 hours. (At least I believe that's how it goes)

I know that perdiems aren't salary, but as a low seniority blockholder on the Q in YYZ, I have yet to see under $1100 for a month.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

We don't have to justify our actions to no one. if you need me to remind you, you don't work for Jazz so you don't really get a say in what way Jazz pilots' group vote/should have voted...
well when your stupidity of actions for a lousy contract allows for the continual race to the bottom for the whole industry, I and everyone gets a say. You're going have to rub more polish on if you don't want the sh*t to stick... the don't blame me card gets old.

I'll just LOL at this
Also, this thread is about salary not the contract.
Those salary numbers should be embarrassing for you all.

However, enjoy the next contract, I'm sure your mgmt knows now they can cut deeper with yes men like you around.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

AirMail wrote:
We don't have to justify our actions to no one. if you need me to remind you, you don't work for Jazz so you don't really get a say in what way Jazz pilots' group vote/should have voted...
well when your stupidity of actions for a lousy contract allows for the continual race to the bottom for the whole industry, I and everyone gets a say. You're going have to rub more polish on if you don't want the sh*t to stick... the don't blame me card gets old.

I'll just LOL at this
Also, this thread is about salary not the contract.
Those salary numbers should be embarrassing for you all.

However, enjoy the next contract, I'm sure your mgmt knows now they can cut deeper with yes men like you around.
Fall is around the corner...the black flies should start to die down soon :goodman:

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”