Anyone in the Edmonton FIR contacted for interviews?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

yycatchopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Anyone in the Edmonton FIR contacted for interviews?

Post by yycatchopeful »

The options I were given for interview dates were all in the third week of October.... So someone else will have to chime in!
---------- ADS -----------

Busybeeyeg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Busybeeyeg »

Had the in person interview earlier this week, I think it went well! Fingers crossed :) It was a fairly short interview with two people, they said in about 2 weeks they'll update my profile for red light/green light. Anyone else complete their interview? Best of luck to those with interviews coming up!

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

Completed mine as well! My interview was with a panel of 4 managers and then I got a tour of the ACC. Was an amazing experience and I feel the interview went really well. I was told it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on Ottawas work load. Hoping for soon! Congrats to everyone who had their interviews, I think everyone should be very proud!

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Hey you classy folks, I did my interview the last week of September for Edmonton FIR and I think it went well, super chill....from what I've been told if you are good enough to get a final interview you are already in as long as you don't make an ass of yourself....in the pool that is, whether or not you actually get training offer who knows....hoping to hear back this week, hoping for IFR

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
yycatchopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yycatchopeful »

Hey Outflying8 and busybeeyeg, check your PMs :)

Busybeeyeg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Busybeeyeg »

Green light today!! :D
Hopefully more green lights for all of you today!

yycatchopeful
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yycatchopeful »

Green light VFR! (my first choice)

Hope to hear from more of you soon!

I was told at the interview that they are planning an FSS course in February, and VFR & IFR courses in May. So hopefully early in the new year we start receiving training offers.

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

JUST GOT MY SECOND INTERVIEW GREEN LIGHT

now the waiting game begins.....hoping to get on the may training course.

EDIT: streamed IFR

Last edited by outflying8 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

Congrats guys!! Hopefully that means Moncton results are up next, the timeline has been pretty similar so far. Still crossing my fingers!

Armyguy25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Armyguy25 »

I heard back from Joanne that we (in the Moncton FIR) should be hearing in the next few days.

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

Awesome, thanks armyguy! Good luck :)

CBrassard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CBrassard »

Have my final interview this Friday for YEG!

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

good luck with your interview CBrassard!!!

anyone else have status updates? im just playing the same old waiting game now for a hopeful IFR course in spring.....I really wish they would give us our ranking to know if we are close or a long ways away from an offer

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

good luck with your interview CBrassard!!!

anyone else have status updates? im just playing the same old waiting game now for a hopeful IFR course in spring.....I really wish they would give us our ranking to know if we are close or a long ways away from an offer

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

I've been emailing a bit with an HR employee in Moncton and they said that they are just finishing up with referral interviews and expect to be fielding offers come December. Edmonton and Moncton processes have been pretty well the same timing-wise so far, so hopefully you guys can expect the same!

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

TGSky wrote:I've been emailing a bit with an HR employee in Moncton and they said that they are just finishing up with referral interviews and expect to be fielding offers come December. Edmonton and Moncton processes have been pretty well the same timing-wise so far, so hopefully you guys can expect the same!
Thanks for the great info....obviously not set in stone but it at least gives us an idea....it says on their site that courses are typically loaded "3-5 months in advance" so that would mean, theory, between December-February for the May course (roughly speaking of course)

MPE444
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MPE444 »

Courses can be loaded at any time, never get your hopes down. I know personally from my course, and courses which have been loaded since I was selected, that some are invited with as little as 2-3 weeks prior to the course.

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

MPE444 wrote:Courses can be loaded at any time, never get your hopes down. I know personally from my course, and courses which have been loaded since I was selected, that some are invited with as little as 2-3 weeks prior to the course.
God that would be stressful.....But i guess that is why I am studying already in anticipation of a course offering....if I get in in May I will be prepared, If not, I will still be prepared.....

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

I agree that sounds like it would be quite stressful! Hopefully the calls come sooner rather than later. I imagine it would be tough to study the pre-course material while also getting your accommodations figured out, wrapping things up at your existing job, etc!

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by outflying8 »

Still waiting for calls on interviews....I talked with Joanne a couple of weeks ago and she said that candidates hadn't been selected for training at that point, not sure if anything has changed.....any of you get offers/hear anything?

Return to “ATS Question Forum”