The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 972

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I'm guessing it's a pretty competitive round of interviews, so I can't imagine too many people wanting to go in blind then give the people behind them the upper hand of advanced knowledge. Further to that, I'm sure new hires aren't too interested for the most part in sharing that kind of company information and getting themselves in hot water. If you think this is truly anonymous, you're only kidding yourself.
---------- ADS -----------

Mr. 3Green
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mr. 3Green »

This site is hilarious. I've never seen so many un-confident people when it comes to doing interviews and exams and wanting to get a shortcut.

Just suck it up and be yourself. You don't think AC knows what goes on here and that the questions would be posted?

Good luck to all.

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Mr. 3Green wrote:This site is hilarious. I've never seen so many un-confident people when it comes to doing interviews and exams and wanting to get a shortcut.

Just suck it up and be yourself. You don't think AC knows what goes on here and that the questions would be posted?

Good luck to all.

Hello Aviators,

Dont be mistaken Mr 3Green its not about being un confident its about " Joindre l utile a l agréable ".

I understand the competition is tuff what i meant by play it CRM its after you guys secure your positions its obvious, im not in a hurry a got the PFO message.

All operators know what s going on here, Etihad shut down its thread on Pprune a few years back.

All the best to all of you guys sincerely.

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

Anticyclone wrote:
Mr. 3Green wrote:This site is hilarious. I've never seen so many un-confident people when it comes to doing interviews and exams and wanting to get a shortcut.

Good luck to all.

Hello Aviators,

Dont be mistaken Mr 3Green its not about being un confident its about " Joindre l utile a l agréable ".

I understand the competition is tuff what i meant by play it CRM its after you guys secure your positions its obvious, im not in a hurry a got the PFO message.

All operators know what s going on here, Etihad shut down its thread on Pprune a few years back.

All the best to all of you guys sincerely.
:-o ummm, what?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Anticyclone wrote:All operators know what s going on here, Etihad shut down its thread on Pprune a few years back.
Westjet has shut down threads on Avcanada for having interview questions revealed.

PT6onH20
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PT6onH20 »

Last edited by PT6onH20 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topoff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Topoff »

Has anybody gone through the new video interview?

dtpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dtpilot »

OTS guys getting the phone interview on a regular basis? Course dates?

Qdrivermann
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Qdrivermann »

Ha ha! AC sent me the email 6 months ago.... :prayer: wondering if they'll come through on their offer to invite me for the all important telephone interview? Anybody else get the phone call yet that also received the email around 6 months ago??
Curious 8)

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Haven't heard a thing.

I think they have finished hiring for the year, according to another post in here somewhere.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

dialdriver wrote:Haven't heard a thing.

I think they have finished hiring for the year, according to another post in here somewhere.
They are running at least 1 more course sometime the end of October with talk of November as well, even though those plans were previously scrapped

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
snag
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by snag »

Possibly 2 courses in November. None in December. One per month in 2017.

LennyLeonard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LennyLeonard »

Any updates regarding those who got a call and their times?

Qdrivermann
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Qdrivermann »

Well, we just crossed the six month mark. I am really hoping that AC will make good on their email they sent that I (we- all who received the email) can expect a telephone interview within the year....ends April 23/2017..... clock's ticking away! ;)

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

Well, we just crossed the six month mark. I am really hoping that AC will make good on their email they sent that I (we- all who received the email) can expect a telephone interview within the year....ends April 23/2017..... clock's ticking away! ;)
....and I (we- all who received the PFO email) hope the OTS job ad comes out again. I'm sure there's still a lot of individuals that far exceed the requirement (minus degree) waiting for a shot. I was offered an interview five years ago with half the hours and experience, but unfortunately I wasn't in a position to accept it. :smt017

Qdrivermann
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Qdrivermann »

200Above wrote:
....and I (we- all who received the PFO email) hope the OTS job ad comes out again. I'm sure there's still a lot of individuals that far exceed the requirement (minus degree) waiting for a shot. I was offered an interview five years ago with half the hours and experience, but unfortunately I wasn't in a position to accept it. :smt017

... funny thing is that I never received a PFO letter after receiving the original email informing me that I will be invited for a telephone interview within 12 months time. Did everybody else get a PFO letter that effectively cancelled the original telephone interview invitation??

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Not yet, but would't be surprised if it's on it's way.

S.

livinlife
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by livinlife »

I spent 3 years in the hiring pool as an OTS. First it was fly til 65, then the PML.....its a brutal wait, and at times the info is scarce.....be patient, take what you read on this site as a grain of salt. Keep flying hard and keep updating your resume with hours, education, etc. The future is bright and you will all be on here in no time. Nevermind all the nay sayers on here, you have the good email, which is more then most!

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Qdrivermann wrote:
200Above wrote:

... funny thing is that I never received a PFO letter after receiving the original email informing me that I will be invited for a telephone interview within 12 months time. Did everybody else get a PFO letter that effectively cancelled the original telephone interview invitation??
I think he was talking about people who never got the phone interview invite, and got a PFO back in April. AFAIK nobody has done the phone interview yet, but that doesn't mean that they won't in the next six months.

Patience.

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

livinlife wrote:I spent 3 years in the hiring pool as an OTS.
They told you your interview was successful and to await a course date and you waited 3 years? That must have been brutal.

Return to “Air Canada”