Seniority Question

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Seniority Question

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

Hi there. First time poster.

I am trying to make some decisions about career path and airline flying etc. Can someone answer me a question(s) about seniority at Jazz. Specifically, does seniority govern all of the following or are there exceptions. I only ask because some places (like WestJet) I hear they use seniority only for some things. Thank you in advance.

1) Monthly schedule bidding
2) Vacation bidding
3) Recurrent Training Slots
4) Overtime flying

I know that upgrades/equipment and bases are by seniority. Is there anything that isn't by seniority?

Cheers from Thunder Bay.
---------- ADS -----------

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Seniority Question

Post by PositiveRate27 »

NewCommercialPilot wrote:Hi there. First time poster.

I am trying to make some decisions about career path and airline flying etc. Can someone answer me a question(s) about seniority at Jazz. Specifically, does seniority govern all of the following or are there exceptions. I only ask because some places (like WestJet) I hear they use seniority only for some things. Thank you in advance.

1) Monthly schedule bidding
2) Vacation bidding
3) Recurrent Training Slots
4) Overtime flying

I know that upgrades/equipment and bases are by seniority. Is there anything that isn't by seniority?

Cheers from Thunder Bay.
Pretty much everything is seniority based at jazz with the exception of maybe OT which can be affected by a few variables. That being said there is plenty of OT to go around these days.

Magnetron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Magnetron »

All are based on seniority except for overtime flying which is first come first served on the website.

But they call people on WDO (work on day off) based on seniority but you go to the bottom if you have already done a WDO that month.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

Magnetron wrote:All are based on seniority except for overtime flying which is first come first served on the website.

But they call people on WDO (work on day off) based on seniority but you go to the bottom if you have already done a WDO that month.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Magnetron is somewhat correct. As far as WDO are concerned you put your name on a call list which is enacted top down seniority. With the last contract there is no limit on number of WDO (formerly 3).

As for the first come first serve as mentioned that would be FLICA. When flying is dumped into the open pot, the ability to pick up that flying is a first come first served basis...however whether or not it will be paid as OT (x1.5) depends on if you are over 85 hours for the month.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”