Aviation Career/Job fair day - St. Andrews, Winnipeg

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Aviation Career/Job fair day - St. Andrews, Winnipeg

Post by praveen4143 »

Harv's Air is pleased to announce an Aviation Career / Job Fair at their base at the St. Andrews Airport based outside of Winnipeg, MB.

We have invited all of the local airline/commuter/air taxi/aerial work operators in the Manitoba area to have a Aviation Career/Job fair day! So far Fast Air, Perimeter, Calm Air, Wings Over Kississing, Northway, and more have confirmed attendance. The plan is to have these companies bring a display booth and to present for 15-20 minutes about their company. They will give an
overview of their company, their hiring outlook, what they are looking for in a pilot and advice about getting a aviation career started.
When: Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 2 PM
Where: Harv's Air St. Andrews Airport, 601 Club Road, St. Andrews, MB
Who: This event is for anybody considering a career in aviation as a pilot. Including somebody who has yet to start flying lesson, all the way to ATPL holders looking for their next opportunity. There is no charge for the event, but please RVSP to adam(AT)harvsair(DOT)com
PS to mods: If this is in the wrong section, please move it accordingly. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Aviation Career/Job fair day - St. Andrews, Winnipeg

Post by Black_Tusk »

This is a great idea! I wish more flight schools were as interested in helping their students actually find jobs. With the way things are going in the industry I wouldn't be surprised to see a few job offers go out during this event.

Tylerjohnston
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tylerjohnston »

Black_Tusk wrote:This is a great idea! I wish more flight schools were as interested in helping their students actually find jobs. With the way things are going in the industry I wouldn't be surprised to see a few job offers go out during this event.
Im trying to get a half decent priced flight out there from YYZ, for the day.. Just for that reason! :shock:

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Try new leaf from Hamilton.

Tylerjohnston
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tylerjohnston »

flyinhigh wrote:Try new leaf from Hamilton.
Cheers, Thanks. Made it a little more realistic, cost wise.

Is anyone planning on going to St. Andrews that day, that would be interested in splitting expenses? Im trying to avoid renting a car. Please let me know via PM.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

You should be able to find a car for $20 for the day on hotwire.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Sounds more like they are trying to attract more customers, then find their existing CPL students jobs.

Return to “Employment Forum”