Air Canada Express Carrier EVAS Air Now accepting applications from pilots holding foreign licences/qualifications

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Air Canada Express Carrier EVAS Air Now accepting applications from pilots holding foreign licences/qualifications

Post by Jimmy2 »

I saw this job ad on another site and was a bit alarmed by it. It states EVAS Air is now accepting applications from pilots holding licences/qualifications from USA, Europe, and Africa. Being legally entitled to work in Canada is also one of the requirements, but a later in the ad there is a note saying help will be provided to European, American, and African applicants. I'm not sure if that means help with work permits but that is what it seems to imply.

https://www.pilotcareercenter.com/Pilot ... EVAS%20Air
---------- ADS -----------

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air Canada Express Carrier EVAS Air Now accepting applications from pilots holding foreign licences/qualifications

Post by infiniteregulus »

Let the games begin..... :rolleyes:

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada Express Carrier EVAS Air Now accepting applications from pilots holding foreign licences/qualifications

Post by Eric Janson »

Airlines all over the World hire non nationals.

They also help them with residence visas and Licence conversion.

There are more Canadian Pilots working overseas than foreign nationals working as Pilots in Canada.

Aviation is a Global industry - some people still don't seem to realise this fact.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

Aviation is global. However the Canadians who fly overseas either fly for a Canadian company contracted to do work that can't be done by local lift or fly for companies in countries with a real pilot shortage. Other then that the people who fly outside of Canada have the right to work in these places for whatever reason. Canada does not have a shortage just like the US does not have a real shortage. We have just like the US places that want to not only pay poorly but have cash bonds/don't want to pay for training and don't treat employees very well.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

If they want to hire Temporary Foreign Workers, they must by law, justify that they attempted to hire qualified Canadian applicants and none were found. This ad is one of the requirements. This is done through Services Canada.
The problem is that Services Canada has no way of evaluating, let alone know about the Canadian applicants that were turned down.
The hiring specifications are often custom made to fit the group of TFW they intend to hire and exclude otherwise Canadian applicants.
In any case, the employer can just state that they attempted to hire Canaian applicants, were unable to do so and Services Canada will take that at face value. They have neither the qualifications, the resources or the desire to dig deeper into the issue unless there is some sort of backlash or public pressure, and that can knobbly come from you, the Canadian pilots.

I once saw an ad for Beech 1900 Pilots that required a Flight Instructor rating and another for a Crop duster pilot that required a Flight Engineer's rating.

Then these pilots will have to either obtain a Canadian licence if the job is permanent, or the employer will apply for an FLVC to Transport Canada is the job is temporary or seasonal. Transport will gladly oblige.....

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

This country is becoming a joke... and after we are all surprised that people vote for people like Trump or for Brexit referendums. While Norwegian Air International is going to get their butt kicked out in not too long down south, WE in Canada keep going down into this bs love globalization, where industries are filling their pockets at the expense of the workers.

I am sure EVAS will select foreign candidates who already have a type rating and will attach those jobs to employment visas, it makes perfectly malleable employees, it will alllow them to stay competitive for "who has the worst WAWCON in our industry for regional flying".

I will be applauding EVAS if they offer the same packages like they have in Asia or in the middle east,
or what ever for B1900 operations, but I highly doubt it is the case.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

What's with all their planes being painted white and having the Air Canada markings removed? Noticed that when I was in Halifornia the other day.

Let’s Go Brandon
broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote: The hiring specifications are often custom made to fit the group of TFW they intend to hire and exclude otherwise Canadian applicants.
Gilles, while I applaud the tireless work that you have put in to protect Canadian jobs, I would say that in THIS instance, it does not APPEAR to be the case (requirements that would work to exclude Canadian applicants). These requirements seem fairly typical of a BE02 Capt?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.28.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.28.57 PM.png (154.19 KiB) Viewed 8741 times
WTF, over
Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

I'm certain those license holders from other countries will be THRILLED to come over to Canada and fly in some of the worst weather, crappy winters and high workload environments....

Give'em 6 months equity before they give it up and run back to some 320 seat somewhere in the middle east.

anona
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anona »

Inverted2 wrote:What's with all their planes being painted white and having the Air Canada markings removed? Noticed that when I was in Halifornia the other day.
Let me axe you question;
If you were the "Flag Carrier" of your country, would you want your name on the side of aircraft belonging to "SkeetAir Air"?
Nah, fairly good chance you would ask them to remove the Branding while you negotiate with the Verse, or Outtro to take over the routes with reliable, maintained aircraft that instill a sense of confidence in your Customers/Passengers.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

anona wrote:
Inverted2 wrote:What's with all their planes being painted white and having the Air Canada markings removed? Noticed that when I was in Halifornia the other day.
Let me axe you question;
If you were the "Flag Carrier" of your country, would you want your name on the side of aircraft belonging to "SkeetAir Air"?
Nah, fairly good chance you would ask them to remove the Branding while you negotiate with the Verse, or Outtro to take over the routes with reliable, maintained aircraft that instill a sense of confidence in your Customers/Passengers.
I think your assumption may be incorrect, unless they are axing the 1900's altogether since EVAS has the contract to take the logo's off of all of ggn's 1900's as well.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

anona wrote:
Let me axe you question;
Ah, that rhetoric.

The markings are being removed as a result of de-branding. This is due to the Beech not being able to provide the same level of service and amenities (flight attendants and on board catering), as the rest of the aircraft in the fleet. Nothing changes with the passengers ticket or how they book or fly. It is still an Air Canada route with an Air Canada flight number operated by an express partner, boarded and serviced by Air Canada ramp and gate agents.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I don't get the rebranding. Like you said it's an AC flight booked through AC. As far as the passengers are concerned it's AC. So what does taking AC off the side of the plane accomplish? It's usually only other employees who see it anyway.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

av8ts wrote:I don't get the rebranding. Like you said it's an AC flight booked through AC. As far as the passengers are concerned it's AC. So what does taking AC off the side of the plane accomplish? It's usually only other employees who see it anyway.
So when the gear collapses on another GGN or EVAS 1900, the photos won't show an AC branded airplane. :wink:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I notice on the Q1 results in the second part of the fleet forecast, covering CPA aircraft, there is no mention of EVAS 1900s.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

altiplano wrote:I notice on the Q1 results in the second part of the fleet forecast, covering CPA aircraft, there is no mention of EVAS 1900s.
Sure it does, right below the table outlining the Jazz and Sky fleets. It makes note that EVAS and GGN operate 16 1900 under their CPA

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Rowdy wrote:
av8ts wrote:I don't get the rebranding. Like you said it's an AC flight booked through AC. As far as the passengers are concerned it's AC. So what does taking AC off the side of the plane accomplish? It's usually only other employees who see it anyway.
So when the gear collapses on another GGN or EVAS 1900, the photos won't show an AC branded airplane. :wink:
If that was the reason they would also be removing it from Jazz aircraft.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

skypirate88 wrote:
altiplano wrote:I notice on the Q1 results in the second part of the fleet forecast, covering CPA aircraft, there is no mention of EVAS 1900s.
Sure it does, right below the table outlining the Jazz and Sky fleets. It makes note that EVAS and GGN operate 16 1900 under their CPA
Didn't realize it was in it's own section ... guess I missed it when I didn't see it with the other cpa info.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

flying4dollars wrote:
anona wrote:
Let me axe you question;
Ah, that rhetoric.

The markings are being removed as a result of de-branding. This is due to the Beech not being able to provide the same level of service and amenities (flight attendants and on board catering), as the rest of the aircraft in the fleet. Nothing changes with the passengers ticket or how they book or fly. It is still an Air Canada route with an Air Canada flight number operated by an express partner, boarded and serviced by Air Canada ramp and gate agents.
So what does this mean? they cant offer the los and amenties so what is going to happen?

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

flying4dollars wrote:
anona wrote:
Let me axe you question;
Ah, that rhetoric.

So what does this mean? they cant offer the los and amenties so what is going to happen?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”