Algonquin Flight Centre Inc.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

harddeckflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Algonquin Flight Centre Inc.

Post by harddeckflyer »

Looking for first hand experience from training at the Algonquin Flight Centre in North Bay? I will be a private pilot in the next few weeks and am wondering about training there. I have aspirations for bush flying after and am wondering if it is the right way to get a start. Thanks

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

Got2Fly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Got2Fly »

Ive heard good things. Did my Multi ride with the DFTE there, great people.

fly_guy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fly_guy »

Got2Fly wrote:Ive heard good things. Did my Multi ride with the DFTE there, great people.
I did the same. . . awesome pilot. He drove over 2 hours just for us. Lots of knowledge and professionalism.
Id recommend them anytime.
KD

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

Got2Fly wrote:Ive heard good things. Did my Multi ride with the DFTE there, great people.

it's about time for them to have that old multi replaced by something of this era !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bater
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bater »

Vickers vanguard wrote:

it's about time for them to have that old multi replaced by something of this era !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's in the works

AFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AFC »

Vickers vanguard wrote: it's about time for them to have that old multi replaced by something of this era !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would this be of this era? Just returned from the paint shop last week. The flying pumpkin is indeed gone.

http://www.avcanada.ca/albums/albums/us ... re_036.jpg

ozone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ozone »

I did my PPL with them and intend to pursue my commercial along with the bush/float course. Seem to be a good school from my experience and not too pricey compared to some. They use their own manuals and are one of a couple schools in Canada that don't use "from the ground up" method. My traning was done on the cessna 152's.

Return to “Flight Training”