Air Canada - High School Requirements

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DodgeRamMan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Canada - High School Requirements

Post by DodgeRamMan »

Hi all.
Just a quick question that I have not been able to find an answer to yet. Im wondering if anyone has gone through the interviews lately with AC and been asked to provide high school transcripts? My dilemma is that I took college courses throughout high school and Im curious if this is going to be a road block? I see they have "completion of schooling to the university entrance level". I'm wondering if I should complete some university credits. If anyone could shed some light on this topic it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Air Canada - High School Requirements

Post by Rowdy »

Do you have a high school diploma? I've never heard of them ask for it.. Just proof of college/uni.

I'm fairly certain that unless you're from an express brand, and went to one of the 'colleges' your chances off the street without a university degree and many thousands of hours are slim anyways.

DodgeRamMan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DodgeRamMan »

High school yes, negative on the degree. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

At my interview 4 years ago I was required to present 2 copies of my high school graduation transcripts.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

They asked me to bring my university transcripts to my interview... I did some, but didn't finish university... after they saw the transcripts were incomplete, they called and asked for me to email my high school transcripts and diploma.

I don't know what they are doing now but I'd get everything found so you don't have to scramble if they ask for it...

watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

where does a completed undergraduate stands ?

Wheels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Wheels »

It's puts the lotion in the basket

DodgeRamMan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DodgeRamMan »

altiplano wrote:They asked me to bring my university transcripts to my interview... I did some, but didn't finish university... after they saw the transcripts were incomplete, they called and asked for me to email my high school transcripts and diploma.

I don't know what they are doing now but I'd get everything found so you don't have to scramble if they ask for it...

Hmm likely worth completing some university credits then if this is the case. Thx

paddy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by paddy »

You mentioned college courses that you have taken. Maybe get the transcript from that institution. Also from what is said above if you take university courses now, without completing a degree they will likely require the high school transcript anyway.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

DodgeRamMan,
At AC, we have some fantastically educated pilots. We have MD's, professional Engineers, MBA's, Lawyers, etc., but we also have those who have very little formal education past the High School level. One thing I have noticed though, is that most of the pilots at AC have a yearning for knowledge, and a great desire and aptitude to learn regardless of one's education level.
So, my advice to you, is to sign up for any continuing education courses that you can. It really matters not what the subject is. That way, at your interview, you can prove to the panel that you also desire to continually improve/educate yourself. Take mechanical courses that have some level of practical use, take art, languages, etc. Start filling in the educational void, or lapse since you finished your formal education. Volunteer for charitable organizations, etc. You want to present yourself in a way that the panel says " I can easily spend hours sitting with, and talking to this person, they are interesting, and have way more going on in their life besides flying ".
Good luck with your future endeavours.
Cheers.

DodgeRamMan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DodgeRamMan »

Thanks for the post tailgunner, I will take that advice to heart.

Return to “Air Canada”