Gabor Lukacs calls WestJet

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Gabor Lukacs calls WestJet

Post by brooks »

So Dr.. Gabor Lukacs calls in somebody else's PNR because of a Wx related cancelation then puts the call centre worker on youtube without initially saying so. He then expects to modify someone else's PNR which is illegal but then lectures the call centre person about some rule he passed with the ministry of Transport. Whats the deal with this guy?

https://youtu.be/xomIa0ETSTE
---------- ADS -----------

Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Gabor Lukacs calls WestJet

Post by Ancient »

Is he right? Does Westjet have a legal obligation to put passengers on Air Canada if they cancel their flight?

The Hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Hammer »

brooks wrote:So Dr.. Gabor Lukacs calls in somebody else's PNR because of a Wx related cancelation then puts the call centre worker on youtube without initially saying so. He then expects to modify someone else's PNR which is illegal but then lectures the call centre person about some rule he passed with the ministry of Transport. Whats the deal with this guy?

https://youtu.be/xomIa0ETSTE

It's not illegal to modify someone's PNR as long as you have permission. How do you think every company travel office, or government agency arranges travel/makes changes for their staff? Do you think your Mp or Exec's do it all themselves? Where I work dispatch arranges travel on 3rd party airlines and makes the changes too. Same thing everywhere else.

And yes Gabors is an idiot!!!

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

Technically the person did not have Gabor listed as someone who could modify his PNR. If you listen to the whole recording the guy just goes on and on and hardly lets the call centre person speak. I just think it's a little rich on Gabors part. How is that lawsuit against him going?

mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mato »

I think they are obligated to book this person on another airline. Of course they will avoid this and would rather refund or change your booking most convenient for airline. When new leaf canceled some routes they quickly refunded everyone, but maybe they all should have asked to just be transferred to a WestJet reservation...

Really though these agents were way to nice to go along on this call. "Sir I see here you are not authorized to modify is booking, unfortunately I can't discuss this any further." Click.... Would way rather hear this same conversation with an oversea's call centre!

Anyways I see the point of trying to fight for this passengers rights, but as a consumer it's your own responsibility to know the tariff and come to a resolution you are happy with.

Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ancient »

That regulation must be an absolute nightmare scenario for a company Westjet. Not because they cancel a particularly large number of flights but if they do it's likely going to be somewhere where Air Canada has flights, and probably at a more frequent schedule. That means a cancellation is putting money directly in your competitor's pocket.

Imagine how much money all those overseas 767 flight cancellations would have cost them if all 300 passengers knew they had the right to the next available flight on another airline for free.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”