PASCO FIRST OFFICER

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

PASCO FIRST OFFICER

Post by Spirit »

Looking for pay info as well as any other information about the company (schedule, bond). Like to apply, but I know Richmond is expensive to live in...

Thanks guys/girls
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: PASCO FIRST OFFICER

Post by flyinhigh »

As always, apply, wait for the call and have a list of questions ready that are important to you.

You can get general info from here, but if it is somewhere you wish to go than you should apply and get answers from the horses mouth.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Pasco is a great company. It's not perfect, but almost everyone I know who works or has worked there has enjoyed their time there.

FO pay, I think, and I don't have the most recent data, is in the mid 30k range. Nothing spectacular, but on par with the other 1900 operators in the area. There is a 1 year bond, but no up front cash.

You work 15-18 days a month and have between 3 and 10 overnights a month (usually lower than higher). Your days off are your days off. They won't make you come in on a day off - they may ask but there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying No. However, on your days on, your schedule will change pretty quickly - though from what I understand, they are working to make things a little more stable on that front.

Pretty good movement to the left seat on the 1900. Less so to the left seat of the Saab.

Having an internal reference is pretty key for Pasco. The working environment tends to be very positive and they look for that personality in people. If you have questions, the HR Supervisor will be very professional and straight forward with you in a telephone interview.

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

Hey, thanks very much for the info guys. Anyone know if you can choose the aircraft (Saab or 1900) or do they normally assign one for you based on needs?

Thanks again

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

JBI wrote:Pasco is a great company. It's not perfect, but almost everyone I know who works or has worked there has enjoyed their time there.

FO pay, I think, and I don't have the most recent data, is in the mid 30k range. Nothing spectacular, but on par with the other 1900 operators in the area. There is a 1 year bond, but no up front cash.

You work 15-18 days a month and have between 3 and 10 overnights a month (usually lower than higher). Your days off are your days off. They won't make you come in on a day off - they may ask but there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying No. However, on your days on, your schedule will change pretty quickly - though from what I understand, they are working to make things a little more stable on that front.

Pretty good movement to the left seat on the 1900. Less so to the left seat of the Saab.

Having an internal reference is pretty key for Pasco. The working environment tends to be very positive and they look for that personality in people. If you have questions, the HR Supervisor will be very professional and straight forward with you in a telephone interview.

All this is true. Pay - start at around 36k I believe, and after probation becomes 38 k I think.
One of our boys started on there a few months ago. I think they are currently trying hard to get 1900 f.o's. you will probably do initial training in Denver, so hopefully you can get your RAIC and TSA clearance soon, unless you already have one already. Good luck mon frere

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

What are their requirements TT?

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

shamrock104 wrote:What are their requirements TT?
Probably just a basic CPL/MIFR/IATRA will do. They seem desperate posting for FO's all the time. I guess the pay doesn't attract too many...

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Spirit wrote:
shamrock104 wrote:What are their requirements TT?
Probably just a basic CPL/MIFR/IATRA will do. They seem desperate posting for FO's all the time. I guess the pay doesn't attract too many...
On the contrary, for now at least, they have an abundance of FO applications. While there are no specific mins, the bulk of the new hires have 1000TT+ with about half being former instructors and the other half having previous 703 or 704 experience. In the past they've even had guys with previous 705 time wanting to live in YVR with a better schedule.

They are trying to change up the hiring as an ongoing process as opposed to the previous "spring hire".

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

What is their hiring process, interviews, sim eval, etc?
PM if you prefer.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

With the caveat that I do not work there and things could change:

-Apply - it definitely helps to have an internal reference. Previously at least, pilots are able to make one per year and/or hiring cycle.
-phone interview / screening with the HR supervisor. Not a pilot, but she has a good understanding of the industry.
-in person interview with one or more of CPs, Ops Manager and/or Training Captain.
-sim eval - previously it was at PFC's AI Sim.

As mentioned in my above posts, its a great spot to work. The challenge they are having right now is senior FOs and junior Captains leaving, mostly for Jazz, because of the opportunities at the moment to get a YVR base with Jazz. Up until 2 years ago, YVR was a super senior Jazz base with no movement so Jazz wasn't that great an option and it made sense to stay at Pasco until AC or WJ called. But, with the PML and YVR opportunities a number have folks have made the move.

With regard to picking aircraft, generally speaking its decided by the company. Factors such as previous experience on 705 machines, where they see you progressing to, etc. play a role. Of note though, more experience does not necessarily mean right seat on the Saab over the 1900. Previously at least, FO pay was the same on the 1900 and Saab whereas Captains would start on the 1900 and then progress to the Saab.

Pasco Flt Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pasco Flt Ops »

Below is a cut and paste answering questions from another forum to which there is overlap to some of the questions posted here regarding Pacific Coastal Airlines. A big thanks to JBI for taking the time to answer in our absence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Afternoon,

Answers are in order to the queries in this thread:

Pay Scale Ranges
First Officer = $36,000 – $41,000
704 Captain = $58,000 - $77,000
705 Captain = $66,000 – $98,000
Training Captains = $95,000 - $110,000

*The above is based on an average of 85 credits / month and does not include per diems, training premiums and OT etc. The external posting lists total compensation including benefits and travel privileges etc.

Pasco is currently experiencing unprecedented rates of attrition which is why the posting has been updated to the frequency it has. Method is that once a new class date is set and a subsequent internal posting has been issued, then external postings will be refreshed on sites such as this one. By May we will have run 4 classes in a six month span.

As stated in the posting; “As pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the minimum requirements…” For First Officer applications this especially holds true and it is just not possible to contact every applicant who is qualified.

Since January 2016, Pasco has hired 58 pilots to which only 4 of those have been internal applicants. Canuck1988’s assertion is correct: we are hiring as much as we can and those candidates that are successful are the most qualified as vetted through our interview process which includes a Phone Screen, In Person Behavioral & Technical Interview and a Sim Eval.

We are currently preparing for May’s uptake and candidates who have been selected to begin the process will be contacted over the next two weeks.

Pasco Flt Ops

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

Thank you Pasco Flt Ops for posting the information above and being open about salaries and hiring!

It has been a couple of weeks, the pilot postings are still open on your website.
If an applicant has not heard from you yet, is there still a possibility one might?
How long do you keep applications on file?

Pasco Flt Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pasco Flt Ops »

Hi final28,

Interviews are being conducted until the 3rd week of April for the May 16th class. Not all slots have been filled yet, however as mentioned previously; candidates who meet the First Officer qualifications greatly outnumber the positions available to which it is just not possible to contact everyone. Candidates who meet the Captain qualifications are not as abundant and will most likely be contacted by Employee Services.

Given the current movement in the industry, we are keeping the postings open as long as possible (aprox 3 weeks) prior to the commencement of ground school. The next class is scheduled for October and the associated posting will be opened sometime during the summer.

Pasco Flt Ops

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

Any YYC pilot willing to share some current (2019) information about the "westjet link" operation? Pm if you want. Thanks

Return to “Employment Forum”