Execaire is hiring for the Challenger in Winnipeg

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Jug
Rank 1
Rank 1

Execaire is hiring for the Challenger in Winnipeg

Post by Jug »

http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/care ... 1&rid=4319

I've heard that they will accept less than the minimum requirements in the job posting for the right person.

Not sure on any other details though.
---------- ADS -----------

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Execaire is hiring for the Challenger in Winnipeg

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Great west life's airplane?

Jug
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jug »

I asked around, and yes. They have 3 Challengers in YWG now. Apparently this job is one of the best in Winnipeg, or Canada for that matter. People stay forever, but it's hard to break in, and not very easy to find any info on.

Axial Flow
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Axial Flow »

Jug wrote:I asked around, and yes. They have 3 Challengers in YWG now. Apparently this job is one of the best in Winnipeg, or Canada for that matter. People stay forever, but it's hard to break in, and not very easy to find any info on.
Unless you can live anywhere else besides Winnipeg then you might have an argument on being the best in Canada ;)

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Didn't want to go there, but working on an airplane that is managed by Execaire is certainly not the best job in Canada.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Since JohnnyHotRocks opened the door...
JohnnyHotRocks wrote:Didn't want to go there, but working on an airplane that is managed by Execaire is certainly not the best job in Canada.
Although the present day Execaire is only a shadow of what it used to be (it was the best 25-30 years ago), it is still a lot better than Sky Service, Chartright, (to name a few) and many other management companies in Canada.

Also, what makes a huge difference is the customer you fly for at Execaire. Assignment on one of the 604s in Winnipeg (if you like that city), can be an excellent job with good conditions and a very good salary.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I worked there for nine years so I am quite familiar. I would say Skyservice is better.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:I worked there for nine years so I am quite familiar. I would say Skyservice is better.
Don't want to start a pissing contest but...

I know the people that owned and run SkyService very well (worked for them in the past) and know lots of pilots at Sky and from all the conversations I have had with the crews I can say the ones that fly with the good customers at Execaire are better off IMHO... Without going into all the details... Scheduled days off, salaries, amount of pilots and engineers assigned per aircraft, a full time reservation department, a 24hr a day international dispatch service and so on.

Is Execaire perfect, no far from it and like I said before was way better in the past but most of that is due to companies like SkyService that want aircrafts under their management at any cost, the lowest cost possible and like in the airline industry (SunWing and all the other cheap charter operators) lower the playing on a downwards spiral.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I've seen both first hand. It does totally depend on the aircraft owner for sure. On which is better, I guess we can agree to disagree.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:I've seen both first hand. It does totally depend on the aircraft owner for sure. On which is better, I guess we can agree to disagree.
:smt008

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Jet Jockey wrote:
JohnnyHotRocks wrote:I've seen both first hand. It does totally depend on the aircraft owner for sure. On which is better, I guess we can agree to disagree.
:smt008

This is amicable B.S! Where is the shit slinging, insult flinging, nonsense....this is NOT the avcanada that I ❤️ !

:mrgreen:

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Hey, save that negative attitude for the airline section!

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

They are also looking for a Challenger 300 Capt and FO in Windsor.
Wonder if it is a new client or is it for the "man of steel"?

Jetman28
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Jetman28 »

New client.

snowbear
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by snowbear »

I may be uniquely qualified to discuss the job opening in Winnipeg. I sat in that seat for the last 15 years and recently retired.
For those who seek the job -- It is truly one of the best. The Winnipeg crew from groomers to maintainers thru pilots are an excellent bunch. The passengers you will become responsible for are first class. To a person they are respectful and appreciative of you and how you do your job. I often have seen folks on this site trash Execaire for one reason or another. Like all companies they do things that occasionally make employees wonder, but on balance they are as good as it gets in the aviation management world. To any and all who love corporate aviation, remember this lifestyle is worlds apart from airline life. This is an outstanding opportunity. Even Winnipeg gets a badder rap than it deserves. Good luck to all.

Steve Morrison
Happily retired.

doobiedoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by doobiedoo »

Enjoy retirement Steve - very good of you to chime in.

I've met couple of your coworkers on recurrents and they do seem to be a happy bunch.

Would be all over it myself if I could.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

snowbear wrote:I may be uniquely qualified to discuss the job opening in Winnipeg. I sat in that seat for the last 15 years and recently retired.
For those who seek the job -- It is truly one of the best. The Winnipeg crew from groomers to maintainers thru pilots are an excellent bunch. The passengers you will become responsible for are first class. To a person they are respectful and appreciative of you and how you do your job. I often have seen folks on this site trash Execaire for one reason or another. Like all companies they do things that occasionally make employees wonder, but on balance they are as good as it gets in the aviation management world. To any and all who love corporate aviation, remember this lifestyle is worlds apart from airline life. This is an outstanding opportunity. Even Winnipeg gets a badder rap than it deserves. Good luck to all.

Steve Morrison
Happily retired.
I did not know you were one of the two that left the group... Best wishes to you Steve in your retirement!

It is my understanding that both positions on the Challengers are now closed with two new pilots hired. Those 3 aircrafts in CYWG which are basically under one group are really excellent jobs and it is really because of the owners that it is an excellent job, now as for Winterpeg, well... :-)

Return to “Corporate”