Carson Air Metro YYC

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Akern
Rank 0
Rank 0

Carson Air Metro YYC

Post by Akern »

Hey guys/girls just wondering if anybody has some info on carson air's metro gig out of YYC? Know they are running ground school shortly, and that it's and Monday to Friday schedule. Just curious on working conditions, upgrade time and salary?

Appreciate the help, thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Carson Air Metro YYC

Post by 172_Captain »

I had an interview with them about two years ago. Pay at the time was mid to high 20's. Bond is approximately one years worth of after tax salary, equal to about $18,000.

Had been applying to these guys on a regular basis for about 1.5 years and after the interview, they couldn't even afford me the courtesy to tell me I didn't make the cut...pricks.

SRV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SRV »

172_Captain wrote:I had an interview with them about two years ago. Pay at the time was mid to high 20's. Bond is approximately one years worth of after tax salary, equal to about $18,000.

Had been applying to these guys on a regular basis for about 1.5 years and after the interview, they couldn't even afford me the courtesy to tell me I didn't make the cut...pricks.

Who would want to work with someone with an attitude like yours! Are you entitled to a reply from every employer? Perhaps you need maturity to improve your chances.

Couldn't Stand the Weather
172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

SRV wrote:
172_Captain wrote:I had an interview with them about two years ago. Pay at the time was mid to high 20's. Bond is approximately one years worth of after tax salary, equal to about $18,000.

Who would want to work with someone with an attitude like yours! Are you entitled to a reply from every employer? Perhaps you need maturity to improve your chances.
I hope you realize I'm not serious. I couldn't care less that I didn't hear back, wasn't interested in taking the job anyway after I heard that.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

SRV wrote:

I hope you are joking. If a candidate spends his time on applying at your company, and you are obviously interested in him as you interview him, then the least you could do is inform him he didn't make the cut. You might not be "entitled" to a reply from an employer that interviews you, but it would be a nice courtesy from said employer to inform you they are looking for someone else.

I might not be entitled to a "thank you" if I hold the door open for you, but it would be nice on your part to say "thank you" anyways.

Expecting some common courtesy is not entitlement.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
SRV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SRV »

I hope you are joking. If a candidate spends his time on applying at your company, and you are obviously interested in him as you interview him, then the least you could do is inform him he didn't make the cut. You might not be "entitled" to a reply from an employer that interviews you, but it would be a nice courtesy from said employer to inform you they are looking for someone else.

I might not be entitled to a "thank you" if I hold the door open for you, but it would be nice on your part to say "thank you" anyways.

Expecting some common courtesy is not entitlement.

Not joking. Reality is a tough pill, get over it!

Couldn't Stand the Weather
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

If a candidate is important enough to be asked to come to an interview that candidate is important enough to be given the courtesy of being informed they were not selected but are in your file for future employment.

Any company that do not have that common human decency is a company to be avoided.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Boohoo... They didn't call... They're not nice...

Canadians are so thin skinned.

Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ancient »

Nope, not calling/mailing back after an interview is an asshole maneuver worldwide.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Lol. Life goes on...

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Cat Driver wrote:If a candidate is important enough to be asked to come to an interview that candidate is important enough to be given the courtesy of being informed they were not selected but are in your file for future employment.

Any company that do not have that common human decency is a company to be avoided.
plus 1

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Had the same experience years back. Not a great sign when no callback or e mail.

Return to “Employment Forum”