Video Interview

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mjdreis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Video Interview

Post by Mjdreis »

Hi everyone my name is Matt I just found this forum and it's awesome.
I received a request to perform a video interview with jazz. I was wondering if anyone can provide me any information or touch base with me I wanted to make sure that I'm prepared for this. I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question from a previous thread I try to go through it in detail and was not able to find anything related. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Matty
---------- ADS -----------

ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Video Interview

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

Hey Matty
So the video interview is simple,

There is about 20 questions. The first 15 are simple questions like "do you have a ATPL" etc. You have 30 seconds to read the question. Then you have 30 seconds to answer the simple questions. Then there is a couple long answer questions. For example "have you ever required additional training"etc. You have 3 min to answer those. Then there is a couple behavior questions for example "tell us a time when... etc" those your have 7 min to answer.

You don't have to use all the time. Once you are done recording your answer you just swipe a bar at the bottom of the screen to stop recording. It takes anywhere from 30 min to a hour to complete.

The company they use is called HireVue. You can watch a video about the process on YouTube. Also you can download their app to your iPad and you can actually run a practice interview. It gives you a really good idea what the real interview process will be like. I highly recommend doing that.

All the best. Hope everything works out for you.

airq
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airq »

I also have a video interview and have a couple questions.

Do you still dress formal? As in full suit, instead of just a shirt and tie?
The above poster mentioned only 5 what if scenario questions will be asked, but the recruitment lady i was in talks with told me this will be the only interview before sim eval. Seems a bit weird they wouldn't ask more questions. Considering they've already asked me questions like "do you have ATPL" on the phone already. Why the sudden change from face to face interviews?

The process leading up to the interview is very quick though, 3 days after i submitted application i was contacted, and and interview scheduled for 4 days after that. So the timelines might be changing slightly.

Last edited by airq on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

Hey buddy,

The video interview is part of the Air Canada Hiring process. Sounds like you have a interview with Jazz. And in that case I believe you only have a in person interview prior to your Sim.

Regardless I think you should always dress for the job you want. Full suit is what I would wear to a in person interview.

All the best

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

No, things have changed and Jazz now just does video interviews. Followed by an in person SIM. From my understating they still want to meet toy in person at least once.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Anyone have any info on the video interview at jazz? I was told its sort of a Skype interview with a real person(s) on the other end. Anyone know the kind of questions they ask? Or what to expect?

feel free to PM any help would be great

Harley2014
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Harley2014 »

I have recently done the video interview. Dress professionally. Standard questions about ratings licenses. Tell me about yourself. What you know about jazz why you want to work here. Tell me a time you had a disagreement, faced a challenge did something to benefit your company. Pretty standard interview questions.

airq
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airq »

Harley2014 wrote:I have recently done the video interview. Dress professionally. Standard questions about ratings licenses. Tell me about yourself. What you know about jazz why you want to work here. Tell me a time you had a disagreement, faced a challenge did something to benefit your company. Pretty standard interview questions.
Just did mine last week as well sounds identical to what you described.
Lots of "name a time when this happened" questions. No tricky questions or tech questions.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

airq wrote:
Harley2014 wrote:I have recently done the video interview. Dress professionally. Standard questions about ratings licenses. Tell me about yourself. What you know about jazz why you want to work here. Tell me a time you had a disagreement, faced a challenge did something to benefit your company. Pretty standard interview questions.
Lots of "name a time when this happened" questions. No tricky questions or tech questions.
Thank you :prayer:

I was just more concerned on if there is any technical knowledge questions and such.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

iflyroads wrote:
airq wrote:
Thank you :prayer:

I was just more concerned on if there is any technical knowledge questions and such.
None. It's not a technical interview.

renlonimo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by renlonimo »

Could some of you guys give more example of situational questions you recently had during that interview ?

Tell us about a time when you :
- had a disagreement ?
- faced a challenge ?
- did something to benefit the compagny ?

Thanks

airq
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airq »

renlonimo wrote:Could some of you guys give more example of situational questions you recently had during that interview ?

- had a disagreement ?
- faced a challenge ?

Thanks
On glassdoor.ca they have a list of questions for a jazz interview. I found them to be very accurate compared to my experience. GL!

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lock15 »

renlonimo wrote:Could some of you guys give more example of situational questions you recently had during that interview ?

- had a disagreement ?
- faced a challenge ?

Thanks

Tell us about a time:
1. you had to revise a decision you made in the cockpit.
2. you faced a challenge at work.
3. there was significant change at your workplace.
4. you faced a challenge due to diversity in the workplace.

(2. and 4. are similar with 2. being more broad but I had both of those questions asked to me)

renlonimo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by renlonimo »

Thanks guys

Mike85
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike85 »

Hi guys. Just finished the video interview.
The whole conversation was recorded. I thought it would be more like you are given sometime with a ticking counter and then you record your reply just like the HireVue practice ones!

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pt6-42 »

Just did my video interview today, how long do they take to either pfo you or move on to sim?

RNAV30
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RNAV30 »

Pt6-42 wrote:Just did my video interview today, how long do they take to either pfo you or move on to sim?
Had my medical the next day (booked at same time as interview). Got the sim call the day after the medical.

Got the groundschool call 2 days after sim.

Mike1985
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mike1985 »

RNAV30 wrote:
Pt6-42 wrote:Just did my video interview today, how long do they take to either pfo you or move on to sim?
Had my medical the next day (booked at same time as interview). Got the sim call the day after the medical.

I have my sim coming up soon. Do you have an in person interview before sim? For the sim evaluation they use dash or rj?

Flyguy13
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyguy13 »

RNAV30 wrote:

Was this recently?

BE10_Driver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BE10_Driver »

Same here, completed the process last May/June, got a call 2 days after the video interview for a sim appointment and to start the reference check. 3 days after the sim I got a job offer.

They always say it could take up to 2-3 weeks for a call back but they seem to be quick these days.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”