Carson Air King Air Medevac

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

+RA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Carson Air King Air Medevac

Post by +RA »

Hello,

From previous threads on this site, it seems the Medevac side of Carson is comparatively good. I'm looking to get some updated info for their King Air 350 F/O ad:

- What sort of experience would make an applicant competitive? I currently have just better than all of their minimum requirements.
- What is the salary for F/O and Captain?
- How many hours per year can be expected?
- Is it still 4 on/ 4 off?
- Would a new F/O be based in YLW or YVR?
- How long are the expected upgrade times? Is there a minimum MPIC requirement in BC, or can someone be upgraded with no MPIC?

Thank you for your time!
---------- ADS -----------

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Carson Air King Air Medevac

Post by Spirit »

They pay really bad.

dieselbro
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dieselbro »

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who said that it's 4 on 4 off, salaried, FO pay is 32K + per diems, bond is 2 years at 36K flying about 400 hours a year with upgrades possible.

Big Bird Anonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Big Bird Anonymous »

Spirit wrote:They pay really bad.
Perhaps it could be you are way over paid for what you are worth.

Virtually all 703/704 operators pay the same salary scale for F/O's-$25-35K. The reason is because 90% of F/O's hires are transient. Those that wait for upgrades, usually in 2 years with positive work ethic, make significantly more.

Most 703/704 Captains make in the 60-90 range, so how much should an apprentice make? It's what dues are all about kids.

Anti-antivaxxer
Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

Big Bird Anonymous wrote:

Virtually all 703/704 operators pay the same salary scale for F/O's-$25-35K. The reason is because 90% of F/O's hires are transient. Those that wait for upgrades, usually in 2 years with positive work ethic, make significantly more.

Most 703/704 Captains make in the 60-90 range, so how much should an apprentice make? It's what dues are all about kids.
They pay really bad.

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Spirit wrote:
Big Bird Anonymous wrote:

They pay really bad.
Welfare pays $22k Is 3 grand worth putting pants on for?

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Depends how often you have to put them on and how long you'd like to remain on welfare.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Welfare doesn't have much room for career progression. Not excusing the poor pay. FOs are fully qualified to do a job. They're not apprentices, they're SIC operating in a 2 crew, SOP cockpit. Yes they typically have less experience than the captain and are supposed to be learning, but I bet that the seniority #1 pilot at Air Canada learns something new every day too.

LCflyguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LCflyguy »

Wow, some great feed back here :roll:

I'm not sure about the FO side of things but 350 captains are paid from 55-90K per year, depending on experience and time with company.
YVR crews are 4 on 4 off I believe, 630am-630pm or vice versa.
YLW crews are 5 on 5 off(day 5 s on-call, basically covering if someone calls in sick), 7 or 8 am starts till 7or 8 pm. No night shift.
The crews fly a good 80hrs a month, and the 350s are in amazing shape.
The Medevac gig is great, many sadly won't realize this till they've left.
LC

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

Is the citation job also a 4 on 4 off schedule?

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

The crews who fly the 350 in general seem pretty happy. Get to live in a nice place, fly decent equipment. I feel the metro side of the operation has severely tarnished the reputation.

HoLeeFook
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HoLeeFook »

350 FO - 34k-46k
350 Cpt - 55k-94k

560 FO - 45k-64k
560 Cpt - 70k-100k

4 on 4 off

letmedrive
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letmedrive »

Judging by your post history I'm going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as medevac gigs go, flying pristine G1000 350's and having 4 days off a week sounds pretty damn good, starting right seat salary is the same as pasco right seat, skylink, etc. None of which pay a lot when you're living in YVR, but considering how much you actually work, I'd say your hourly rate is far better at Carson. On the medevac side at least. Can't speak for cargo.

Spirit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spirit »

letmedrive wrote:

Judging by your post history I'm going to assume you have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as medevac gigs go, flying pristine G1000 350's and having 4 days off a week sounds pretty damn good, starting right seat salary is the same as pasco right seat, skylink, etc. None of which pay a lot when you're living in YVR, but considering how much you actually work, I'd say your hourly rate is far better at Carson. On the medevac side at least. Can't speak for cargo.
You got it pal! :lol:

land3
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by land3 »

goingnowherefast wrote:I bet that the seniority #1 pilot at Air Canada learns something new every day too.

I know that guy....and you just can't tell him anything!

:lol:

Return to “Employment Forum”