Companies repeatedly posting

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Companies repeatedly posting

Post by '97 Tercel »

I see the weekly Wasaya ad is out again...
---------- ADS -----------

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

I'm an instructor and I got a job on a King Air, quick advancement to the left seat. I had a bunch of non instruction time too and MPIC, but no turbine experience. Of course, coming on with an ATPL thanks to my instructor years makes it a lot easier for those contract requirements. Where's the 1500 hour gear and flaps operator going to be? Stuck as an FO because he can't afford the 172 time to bang off his night PIC and out of luck for PICUS since our machines don't fly late.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Zaibatsu wrote:I'm an instructor and I got a job on a King Air, quick advancement to the left seat. I had a bunch of non instruction time too and MPIC, but no turbine experience. Of course, coming on with an ATPL thanks to my instructor years makes it a lot easier for those contract requirements. Where's the 1500 hour gear and flaps operator going to be? Stuck as an FO because he can't afford the 172 time to bang off his night PIC and out of luck for PICUS since our machines don't fly late.
"Where's the 1500 hour gear and flap operator going to be?"

Are you for real?!?! That 1500 hr King Air F/O is way more experienced than you, flying circuits VFR. Get lost you looser! Is this how you speak of your fellow aviators? You are the perfect example of why most 703/704 operators don't want to hire instructors. Some of you (thankfully on only SOME) think you're "God's gift to aviation"...

Your 1500 hrs instructing means absolutely sh*t, unless you want to move up in the instructing world. I think it's a disgrace that Canada gives ATPLs to individuals with 1500 hrs PIC flying circuits and slow flight. ATPL = AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT LICENSE. There is nothing "AIRLINE" in a single engine piston.

Oh, if I saw you at a bar, I'd tell you things I would never be allowed on this site.

Shameful comments. I hope you lose your medical you worthless worm!

Das ist mir wurst...
FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

This popcorn tastes pretty good...sorry, I had to say it. These comments remind me of the kind of conversations that me and my ex had. For real though, is this how the new generation of pilots are talking these days? IMHO it is and should be up to the operator to decide who fits the job best based on their operational needs. Its a combination of luck, the right atittude, the right place at the right time with a fair amount of legal experience. There really is no "top" guy whether it is an instructor or FO. That is what interviews are for.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

FOD_Vacuum wrote:This popcorn tastes pretty good...sorry, I had to say it. These comments remind me of the kind of conversations that me and my ex had. For real though, is this how the new generation of pilots are talking these days? IMHO it is and should be up to the operator to decide who fits the job best based on their operational needs. Its a combination of luck, the right atittude, the right place at the right time with a fair amount of legal experience. There really is no "top" guy whether it is an instructor or FO. That is what interviews are for.
After spending years "paying my dues" and flying up North, comments such as "Flap and Gear Operator" really get me started. I know they should not be, but it's something that I can not really tolerate. It's insulting to the thousands of Northern pilots that worked (and work) their butts off.

Das ist mir wurst...
skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Hans, you must be a lot of fun to be around on a 4 day trip.

You seem to imply that instructors are a bunch of lazy pilots who didn't want to work up north. I was an instructor for a few years, and a successful one at that. During the summer, I would routinely fly from 7 AM until Midnight. Is that working hard enough for you?

Can't we just accept that we all have a different path in this business? What is right for some, doesn't work for others. I think at the end of the day, we all have the same goal, which would be to operate the aircraft as safely and efficiently as we can.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

skypirate88 wrote:Hans, you must be a lot of fun to be around on a 4 day trip.

You seem to imply that instructors are a bunch of lazy pilots who didn't want to work up north. I was an instructor for a few years, and a successful one at that. During the summer, I would routinely fly from 7 AM until Midnight. Is that working hard enough for you?

Can't we just accept that we all have a different path in this business? What is right for some, doesn't work for others. I think at the end of the day, we all have the same goal, which would be to operate the aircraft as safely and efficiently as we can.
Not at all skypirate88! I have a lot of respect for the majority of flight instructors. It's characters such as that one, calling F/Os "Gear and Flap Operator" that really grind my gears and give everyone else a bad name. I may have over reacted with my reply. I've flown with some characters like that, and I couldn't wait for my day to be over.

As far as a 4 day pairing is concerned and how fun I am... well... I'm fun as long as I don't have to put the "Gear and Flaps" up and down too many times...

Das ist mir wurst...
SnotRocket
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SnotRocket »

Quit whining. At 1500 hours neither instructors nor 703/704 FO's know anything.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

SnotRocket wrote:Quit whining. At 1500 hours neither instructors nor 703/704 FO's know anything.
Yeah. I tend to agree.

Das ist mir wurst...
x15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by x15 »

trey kule wrote:
Instructors are much more easily trained than a 200hr pilot. They also learn by themselves much better and generally require less hand holding.

That is a very bold statement. On what facts are you basing it on?

Our company experience is almost exactly the opposite.

Some of the colleges turn out a good fresh CPL pilot with the right attitude.

I would agree entirely with trey kule. I recently sent two candidates to training. The college kid blew away the training guys with his level of knowledge, general ability and professionalism. When they asked him how many hours he had, they did not believe him.

x15
Skin, Tin, Ticket...In that order.
rob-air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rob-air »

HansDietrich wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:I'm an instructor and I got a job on a King Air, quick advancement to the left seat. I had a bunch of non instruction time too and MPIC, but no turbine experience. Of course, coming on with an ATPL thanks to my instructor years makes it a lot easier for those contract requirements. Where's the 1500 hour gear and flaps operator going to be? Stuck as an FO because he can't afford the 172 time to bang off his night PIC and out of luck for PICUS since our machines don't fly late.

Are you for real?!?! That 1500 hr King Air F/O is way more experienced than you, flying circuits VFR. Get lost you looser! Is this how you speak of your fellow aviators? You are the perfect example of why most 703/704 operators don't want to hire instructors. Some of you (thankfully on only SOME) think you're "God's gift to aviation"...

Your 1500 hrs instructing means absolutely sh*t, unless you want to move up in the instructing world. I think it's a disgrace that Canada gives ATPLs to individuals with 1500 hrs PIC flying circuits and slow flight. ATPL = AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT LICENSE. There is nothing "AIRLINE" in a single engine piston.

Oh, if I saw you at a bar, I'd tell you things I would never be allowed on this site.

I agree that the flap operator comment was bad but you took it up a notch and added a touch of disrespect. I am sure your are going to be sitting beside many former or even active Flight Instructors during your career.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

rob-air wrote:
HansDietrich wrote:

I agree that the flap operator comment was bad but you took it up a notch and added a touch of disrespect. I am sure your are going to be sitting beside many former or even active Flight Instructors during your career.
I did. I should not have said that. I don't really wish for anyone to "lose their medical". It's a sensitive subject for me. I'm a huge opponent of ATPLs being issued to Flight Instructors (with no multi crew time, on multi crew aircraft). I think it's unfair and completely baseless. His attitude reminded me of a number of pilots I flew with that were not the greatest people to be around.

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “Employment Forum”