When will the movement slow down or stop?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: When will the movement slow down or stop?

Post by True North »

pilotguy2017 wrote:25 years true north.....long enough for you?
Surprisingly you haven't learned much in that time.

How many times in their long history has Air Canada required a type rating to get hired, or when was it even an asset? The MAX is not likely to be entry level equipment at Air Canada so why would hiring for that be any different than hiring for say, the A320?

Air Canada has been hiring steadily for years now. Why all of a sudden just because they are adding a 737 to their fleet, is there going to be a mass exodus of WestJet pilots moving over?
---------- ADS -----------

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Pilotguy2017, at Air Canada a new hire who has previously flown a 737 would undergo the same training as a pilot who flew a PC-12. Pilots aren't hired to fly any specific aircraft, merit and experience get you in the door, after that a pilots progression is all seniority based.

pilotguy2017
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy2017 »

At what point did I say mass exodus true north? That's right I didn't so let's get the facts straight. Additionally you think I need to learn more? Well seems like your one of the last crusty old ones remaining from god knows when. I commented on this post from things I've seen and heard and yes I have enough experience to know what's bs and fact, so in future you should mind your own business.

You seem to forget this is an open forum and I'm not going to divulge where and when I was told or heard what, so if you don't like that answer tough. I'm not responding to anymore of your rhetoric as I simply believe you, like most just like to hear yourself talk and blow hot air on these forums.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

:lol:
angry dude

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

pilotguy2017 wrote:At what point did I say mass exodus true north? That's right I didn't so let's get the facts straight. Additionally you think I need to learn more? Well seems like your one of the last crusty old ones remaining from god knows when. I commented on this post from things I've seen and heard and yes I have enough experience to know what's bs and fact, so in future you should mind your own business.

You seem to forget this is an open forum and I'm not going to divulge where and when I was told or heard what, so if you don't like that answer tough. I'm not responding to anymore of your rhetoric as I simply believe you, like most just like to hear yourself talk and blow hot air on these forums.
In the immortal words of Mr Spock; fascinating!

You really are all over the map aren't you? In one breath you say this is an open forum and in the next breath you tell me I should mind my own business. Like you said, it's an open forum so it's all my business if I choose.

You don't get much right but you are correct that you didn't say "mass exodus", you said "lots of westjetters" (sic). A little artistic license on my part but really just semantics, so those are the straight facts.

I stand by my original statement, your experience hasn't taught you much. You sure as hell don't know "what's bs and fact". But since you say this will all happen in the next few months I will be patiently watching to see when Air Canada releases a job posting for 737 rated pilots, and when all those WestJet pilots jump ship.
:roll:

Then we should chat some more. :lol:

Craig1983
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Craig1983 »

pilotguy2017 wrote:Lol omg you think it's gonna slow down? It's just the start and what's even more hilarious is these airlines (let's just say teal and big red) seem to think there is an endless supply of ATPL holders waiting to work for peanuts. Well I guess they will learn taking the pilots out of hiring and replacing them with "HR people". Sit back and watch it's gonna get fun.
I hope you're right! Working on my CPL Multi Group1 this summer so I hope it doesn't stop for a few years yet!

-Craig

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”