Air Canada / Rouge

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

iwant2flyifr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Canada / Rouge

Post by iwant2flyifr »

Can somebody please explain to me the major differences between AC and Rouge. When you are interviewed are you interviewing for both positions? If you fly for Rouge are you on the same seniority list as AC, can you bid into an AC position and aircraft? Is it the same pay scale?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Air Canada / Rouge

Post by NotDirty! »

From what I understand: yes, yes, yes, and no.

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MCB »

iwant2flyifr wrote: Is it the same pay scale?
Sorta, as a new hire. All new hires are on flat pay for the first four years. Advantage of rouge would be no reserve, opportunity for overtime (extra $$$)

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Rouge pilots are Air Canada pilots. Same seniority list.

Same hourly for first 4 years any FO or RP position.

Same seat Rouge after first 4 years pays less then mainline by about 25%.

Left seat mainline pay steps at years of service, left seat Rouge pay steps at higher of years in status or 1/2 years of service.

You can bid a Captain seat in your first 4 years though and get off flat pay. EMJ going to 1 year guys... 320 not far behind... 737 expected​ also to be junior left seat...

You can get OT/draft at both...

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

MCB wrote:
iwant2flyifr wrote: Is it the same pay scale?
Sorta, as a new hire. All new hires are on flat pay for the first four years. Advantage of rouge would be no reserve, opportunity for overtime (extra $$$)
Also, younger crews and better destinations at rouge.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Are the AC pilots going to approve expanding the Rouge fleet beyond the current limits?

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

rudder wrote:Are the AC pilots going to approve expanding the Rouge fleet beyond the current limits?
Unfortunately, probably.

PROC_HDG

Duke p
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Duke p »

rudder wrote:Are the AC pilots going to approve expanding the Rouge fleet beyond the current limits?
If the latest Cargo Let extension is any indication, absolutely......and Mainline will cease to exist within a decade. 50% of our apathetic pilot group didn't even bother to vote on this critical Cargo issue. Over half of those that did vote bought our "AC manager wanna-be" run Unions fierce sell job. It was shocking to see the effort that our Union officials put into getting this let extended on behalf of the Company, with almost ---zero--- in return for the Membership. A very dangerous future wide-body outsourcing precedent has now been set. After watching our Union puppets, I am thoroughly convinced ACPA works for AC first, pilots be damned. Our opportunity to draw a firm "line in the sand" on Scope has been pitched in the dumpster.

Every fin that goes to Rouge puts increasing downward pressure on Mainline wages and working conditions. Rouge has already decimated the productive Mainline 320 flying, and limited a variety of overseas Mainline wide-body opportunities as well. Seniority has been flipped on its back and created position bidding chaos that will only get worse. The number of divisions within the Membership body are massive, nothing larger and more apparent than the Rouge/Mainline split. When Rouge reaches "critical mass", Mainline WACON will become a memory.

I have absolutely no doubt the forthcoming increase in the Rouge fleet will be praised by our leadership with a ringing "unanimous endorsement" from our traitorous MEC along with the standard accompanying "veiled threat" if we vote no. Our Union officials have no concept of the word unity. They have ---never once--- not "meddled" with the emotions of the Membership, or allowed any proposed agreement in the last decade to stand on its ---own merit by itself---, and face proper Membership scrutiny.......I don't expect the forthcoming agreement to be proposed any differently.

Watching our unity crumble is like watching a mighty forest get clearcut. The only thing worse is when you notice how few Members actually care, and realize that our own elected Union officials....those charged with keeping unity sacrosanct......are actively facilitating it's demise.

How's that for an answer??? :) DP.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Could it perhaps be the strict regime of seniority based everything that is allowing Rouge to flourish? I bet if seniority based everything wasn't used at mainline it was used at Rouge people would be more against it.

Duke p
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Duke p »

No other pilot group at any other Major National carrier in the world is allowing their Seniority system to be eroded as fast, or allow their unity to crumble as quickly and effectively as the Air Canada pilot group. Pilot unity and its Seniority system at Air Canada is now a complete train wreck.

Make Rouge bigger (B-Scale)....great idea(wtf)......different pensions, socialized vs. seniority bidding, course rights, grandfather pay, Sky pilots flying 25 EMJ's, pay scales all over the map, outsourcing cargo....the list is gigantic. Calin and Ben have done a masterful job of dividing the group, and manipulating our MEC and pilot body into believing that we pilots "hold the keys to Air Canada's future" and only complete cooperation and capitulation will result in Air Canada's future success. Our group and elected officials are buying it "hook line and sinker". Our MEC works hard to ensure every MOA or let requested by Air Canada passes and that Managements message is heard by the pilot group by hosting Management "love in sessions" with ACPA dues. Its amusing to see them side by side on stage.

Take a look at the pilot groups at Delta, Air France or American. I'm certain they are absolutely astounded by what we are allowing to occur to our profession.

DP.

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

Nailed it...

Divide and conquer is a proven method. Of course the gov't didn't help either...

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I can't believe the cargo let passed.

All but one person I spoke with was against it.

We are voting our own jobs to be outsourced, unbelievable.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

altiplano wrote:I can't believe the cargo let passed.

What did ACPA get for the AC pilots in return?

Jim la Jungle
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jim la Jungle »

Can you in a nutshell, for non-AC peeps, explain what this cargo thing is about?

Thanks

Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jim la Jungle wrote:Can you in a nutshell, for non-AC peeps, explain what this cargo thing is about?

Thanks
AC Cargo moving freight on B767 (CargoJet) not flown by ACPA pilots.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

rudder wrote:
altiplano wrote:I can't believe the cargo let passed.

What did ACPA get for the AC pilots in return?
Wet lease pay credits... max a couple hundred bucks a year per pilot. To give away widebody overseas pilot jobs and set a dangerous precedent that doesn't help us now and will screw us down the line.

ACPA think (say) they got leverage on the deal. But it turns out they actually gave it away as the corporation relies less and less on us to fly their lift...

ACPA think (say) they got a benefit with an extension to a 900/hr per year guarantee too. But it turns out most of us fly flat out every month so it doesn't help really anyone and it also doesn't apply to reserve pilots, rouge pilots or new hires.

They say also that Article 1 is strengthened by this? I can't believe they come up with this stuff... it's laughable.

So in the end and after tax maybe a steak dinner with a cheap bottle of wine is what I will get for having my job done for me.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

I didn't realize that AC did so much Cargo lift in the first place, but Obviously they were doing enough to be a divisive let in your collective agreement. As far a strengthening Article 1, does that refer to scope? Were there any changes to the long term plans for the 25 remaining E190?

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Are the rumors of AC Pilot group wanting to revert to ALPA true? I've heard it from a few people that the Pilots have not been happy with ACPA as of late.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

Man watching the executive dismantle all that Air Canada pilot worked for piece by piece is just sad. They are just toying with them. It was a bit arrogant maybe to think pilot could match these guy on their playing field. This was the last great paying job in Canada. Time to set your sight overseas.

airboy1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airboy1 »

There is work to be done at the union. Being the lowest paid pilots at a legacy airline in north america is disturbing, specially when the company is making record profit.

Allowing rouge expansion and outsource cargo flights to other airlines is beyond comprehensible.

I hope you guys set the standard for our future pilots!!!!!!!

Return to “Air Canada”