My company's conspiracy to let me go (fire me )?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

markaffandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

My company's conspiracy to let me go (fire me )?

Post by markaffandie »

this is what my company has done with me , what can I do ?

I'm working for a call center (since 2015/ I have over 2000 hours with them) .Lately , my company was trying so hard to get me to quit/resign (giving me hard time - change my shift every two weeks ) , eventualy last friday my manger and a HR employee approched me and they said :"we need to talk " then they said that we gonna close the line (campaign) i'm working for ,and they are trying so hard not to let me go , then they said we have another internal opprtuinty in different campaign and they took me to see the manger of that campaign to do an interview

in the interview : the questions and the way the offfer me was so weird
the weirdest thing , that when i have enterned the office , i found out that there is a mic in the midde of the table (something not usual in our offices ),and when i sat away of the mic the asked me to change me seat and , also there were 3 employees (which is weird ) two of them had notebook and they were silent and were had everything I said wrttien down

Interviewer : we have a new opportuinty for you in this campagin and we need people to work and and he repeated the word "we need " 3 times ,then he gave me the deatils about the two shifts and then he said: the attendence in this new campgin is so important and he told me if you have any (other work - family comittments - if you travelling to work )
please let me know (which is also so becausw usually when we close a campgin the move all the agent to a different campign and they dont give the agent the options)

ME : I asked him repat the details about the shift , then i told him : "i have no problem to work but i have an phythios therapy session and check up so probaly i will have to be absent some days so I'm not sure if i'm a good fit for this campaign "(and for real i have medical appointments )

Interviewer : he said i aprrecaite your honesty and he let me go

then the HR came to me and said if you refused an opportuinty it means your voluntarily resign and then she said i'll let you know what happend monday(spril 10)

so what do you think guys ?? i know i'm so naive , what can I do ?

if they fired me will i be elgiable for (EI)
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: My company's conspiracy to let me go (fire me )?

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Mark, I had a look through your posting history and there is 2 possible conclusions. You either have a heightened sense of paranoia or you're trolling. I'm guessing (hoping) it's the former.

I don't think you will get any answers from an aviation forum worth more than what you're paying for them on this. If you feel you are being railroaded, retain the services of an employment attorney or walk away and find a new job.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Sounds like you got laid off due to a lack of work. They had spots to keep a few people and you didn't make the cut.

Apply for EI while you look for another job. Talk to the Labour Board for real advice.

BCnomad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BCnomad »

get a legal opinion from a labour lawyer. - Consultations are free.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Contact labour relations. They worked hard for me once in the past, when I was treated poorly by an employer.

Return to “Employment Forum”