Sky Regional

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Metroman12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sky Regional

Post by Metroman12 »

Can any recent pilots who started at sky regional shed some any light on commuting with the company. Did an interview recently and was told that they don't have any reciprocal jumpseat agreements (WJ Transat etc) till the pilot has 6 months of service in the company. So commuting isn't ideal.

I was informed MYID Travel access isn't given to the pilots till 6 months in. Can anyone confirm this??

Feel free to PM
---------- ADS -----------

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sky Regional

Post by Heisenberg666 »

Don't think that is entirely correct. You likely won't have Air Canada passes for the first 6 months, but reciprocal jumpseat is available right away. With Westjet for example, you just have to call the number to make a booking and show your company ID, no access to MyIDTravel is required.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Heisenberg666 wrote:With Westjet for example, you just have to call the number to make a booking and show your company ID, no access to MyIDTravel is required.
Not correct. You may wish to take another look at your company documentation on WJ non-rev travel (including j/s). It's all on MYID travel now. Call the number and you risk WJ cancelling your company's j/s agreement.

Metroman12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Metroman12 »

Donald wrote:
Heisenberg666 wrote:With Westjet for example, you just have to call the number to make a booking and show your company ID, no access to MyIDTravel is required.
Not correct. You may wish to take another look at your company documentation on WJ non-rev travel (including j/s). It's all on MYID travel now. Call the number and you risk WJ cancelling your company's j/s agreement.

So do new hires get access to my id a travel? Are there any commuters at sky?

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Air Canada recently approved commuting for new hires on Air Canada from initial start date. Leisure travel is still 6 months. I'm sure it's not a Jazz only thing, and includes all Express carriers.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Donald wrote:
If you're booking a two leg journey, you still have to call. Unless you're ok paying twice the price.

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

Donald wrote:
My apologies. I didn't realize it had changed. I work for Westjet now, so obviously I don't jumpseat on my own carrier, but was using my past experience jumpseating on WS before I joined.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”