Sim Evaluation

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Sim Evaluation

Post by KenoraPilot »

I highly doubt it and personally have never heard of it
---------- ADS -----------

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lock15 »

Anyone have an idea what a/c is used for the YUL sim eval? It's in Dorval at the Centre quebecois de formation aeronautique.

ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

I'll try to explain it. Basically it isn't one single "type" of aircraft. The flight schools website states it can be configured as either a 737,Q400,Crj. This is misleading though, I've talked to friends (who have had CYUL sims with jazz) and personality been to this flight school and seen the Sim. And it's a combination of all three types. The power levers are CRJ or Q400 i cant remember. The overhead panel is 737. The autopilot/glareshield is Q400. The flaps are CRJ but the screen indicates like a Q400. The instruments are on screens like the CRJ and have moving tape airspeed indicators and alt indicators.

Oh and I forgot to mention it's a turbine. But that doesn't matter because the person next to you sets all the levers for you. You just control the thrust so you don't have to worry about things like correct NP settings or RPM settings.

Long story short don't worry about it. If you've never used a moving tape airspeed or altimeter maybe watch some videos on that just to get a feel for what it looks like. But you really won't be able to prepare much for the cockpit layout.

The pilot next to you also sets the radios and the auto pilot so you really done need to worry about that either.

Anyways best of luck hopefully this helps.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

What type of plane it is really shouldn't matter if you have the skills they want. It's not hard. Read the paper they give you, speeds and thrust settings and fly it like you know how to fly. It has two engines, wings and a yoke.

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lock15 »

Thanks ThatFliGuyDerr and Black_Tusk.

lock15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lock15 »

ThatFliGuyDerr wrote:I'll try to explain it. Basically it isn't one single "type" of aircraft. The flight schools website states it can be configured as either a 737,Q400,Crj. This is misleading though, I've talked to friends (who have had CYUL sims with jazz) and personality been to this flight school and seen the Sim. And it's a combination of all three types. The power levers are CRJ or Q400 i cant remember. The overhead panel is 737. The autopilot/glareshield is Q400. The flaps are CRJ but the screen indicates like a Q400. The instruments are on screens like the CRJ and have moving tape airspeed indicators and alt indicators.

Oh and I forgot to mention it's a turbine. But that doesn't matter because the person next to you sets all the levers for you. You just control the thrust so you don't have to worry about things like correct NP settings or RPM settings.

Long story short don't worry about it. If you've never used a moving tape airspeed or altimeter maybe watch some videos on that just to get a feel for what it looks like. But you really won't be able to prepare much for the cockpit layout.

The pilot next to you also sets the radios and the auto pilot so you really done need to worry about that either.

Anyways best of luck hopefully this helps.
It ended up helping a lot so thank you. And yes, the overhead panel is 737 as is the control column. Throttle quadrant is CRJ and instrument panel is Q400. I spoke to some guys and it seems like the pitch attitudes, speeds and power settings resemble that of the Q400.

ThatFliGuyDerr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatFliGuyDerr »

I'm happy to hear it helped you out my friend. Yeah that thing is a real Frenkinstein haha. Thanks for the follow-up.

All the best,
Cheers

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”