chances of a standby getting in?

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

chances of a standby getting in?

Post by outflying8 »

Myself and a couple others one here I have been talking to are standby listed for upcoming courses.....as the training date gets nearer with no phone call it is hard not to lose hope.....Im hoping some of you maybe have experienced this and can offer guidance/opinions/perspective on the following questions:

1) Were you stand-by listed for a course? if so, which stream was it? Did you get a firm offer?

2) If you did not get into the course you were stand-by for, did you get into the next course offereings?

3) In you experience/based on what you have seen/heard, how often are others given slots?

4) How late would they likely call? (or when should I expect a call by if I am getting one at all)

Ive tried to ask the NavCanada folks this but for obvious reasons they don't want to give specific answers (which I understand the reasons for, it is just hard to be on the other side of "depends" constantly)

Thanks for all input!
---------- ADS -----------

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D
kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: chances of a standby getting in?

Post by kevenv »

outflying8 wrote: 4) How late would they likely call? (or when should I expect a call by if I am getting one at all)
The recent IFR course in Moncton had someone fail the ITA test and rewrite in week 2 and they managed to get another student in to replace him.

outflying8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: chances of a standby getting in?

Post by outflying8 »

kevenv wrote:
outflying8 wrote: 4) How late would they likely call? (or when should I expect a call by if I am getting one at all)
The recent IFR course in Moncton had someone fail the ITA test and rewrite in week 2 and they managed to get another student in to replace him.

Ok thx kev! So they could realistically call up to 2 weeks in at least?

Thanks again

:D I love all respectful dialogue of multiple views and opinions. If you want to chat with me directly, please do send me a PM :) :D

Return to “ATS Question Forum”