YVR VFR - JULY 2017

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dispatchio
Rank 0
Rank 0

YVR VFR - JULY 2017

Post by dispatchio »

Hi all,

Curious if anybody heard anything or received any calls for the upcoming July YVR VFR course.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR VFR - JULY 2017

Post by mjr2009 »

Vancouver will be going offers Mid May - no exact dates known yet, at least not that I have heard.

dispatchio
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dispatchio »

Thanks for the update!

MajorBloggs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MajorBloggs »

There's a VFR course going on in July with two seats, both of which have been filled by internal FSS's who wish to make the transition to ATC. There will be another VFR course late this fall.

mjr2009
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mjr2009 »

MajorBloggs wrote:There's a VFR course going on in July with two seats, both of which have been filled by internal FSS's who wish to make the transition to ATC. There will be another VFR course late this fall.
I was told that they were unsure as to whether the course was going to run due to lack of instructors. I haven't heard of this FSS internal course. I thought the process of finding instructors was still underway...has it been finalized that the July course is already complete in terms of training seats offered? Any info much appreciated, thx

TGSky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TGSky »

mjr2009 wrote:
MajorBloggs wrote:There's a VFR course going on in July with two seats, both of which have been filled by internal FSS's who wish to make the transition to ATC. There will be another VFR course late this fall.
I was told that they were unsure as to whether the course was going to run due to lack of instructors. I haven't heard of this FSS internal course. I thought the process of finding instructors was still underway...has it been finalized that the July course is already complete in terms of training seats offered? Any info much appreciated, thx
From what I'm hearing it sounds like due to instructor shortage the VFR class is being delayed until later in the year.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”