Why is Flair so Hated?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by mbav8r »

First, I'm not bitter, I agree it could come across that way but you would be hard pressed to find a happier guy than me at work.
If you've ever refused to do something against the CARs and were told they could find ten pilots tomorrow who would or had a pilot offer to work for free just to get some experience or had a coworker who continually broke limits to "get the job done" while you're trying to make it home to your family every night or watched other companies continue to grow and hire pilots at 60% of your wage with the negative effects associated, you might feel strongly against certain things. Every choice you make has an effect on others lives, negatively or positively.
Second, I've been counting the days to retirement since I entered the work force three decades ago, I love my job, truly but I love my home time much much more, that's why you won't see me doing overtime unless it doesn't interfere with home time, which almost never happens.
Last, pilots who chose Jazz did not undercut anyone, essentially taking the best regional job out of the bunch, it's truly unfortunate that we had to choose the new contract and I did hope pilots would not accept the wages, forcing management to deal with it, but I hold any and all Jazz pilots with high regard, even the ones who say I threw them under the bus.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by Black_Tusk »

Cat Driver wrote:Each generation have their own way of thinking and communicating and text speak is just the latest way.

Sometimes the message gets lost when another generation has no idea what they just read and just ignores it.
It's funny how this "text" speak conversation started when I said "TIL"... considering I didn't have a phone until I was 20, a smart phone until around 24 and still hate texting.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by Black_Tusk »

mbav8r wrote:First, I'm not bitter, I agree it could come across that way but you would be hard pressed to find a happier guy than me at work.
If you've ever refused to do something against the CARs and were told they could find ten pilots tomorrow who would or had a pilot offer to work for free just to get some experience or had a coworker who continually broke limits to "get the job done" while you're trying to make it home to your family every night or watched other companies continue to grow and hire pilots at 60% of your wage with the negative effects associated, you might feel strongly against certain things. Every choice you make has an effect on others lives, negatively or positively.
Second, I've been counting the days to retirement since I entered the work force three decades ago, I love my job, truly but I love my home time much much more, that's why you won't see me doing overtime unless it doesn't interfere with home time, which almost never happens.
Last, pilots who chose Jazz did not undercut anyone, essentially taking the best regional job out of the bunch, it's truly unfortunate that we had to choose the new contract and I did hope pilots would not accept the wages, forcing management to deal with it, but I hold any and all Jazz pilots with high regard, even the ones who say I threw them under the bus.
Fair enough. But I encourage you to not default everyone who is younger than you as an entitled. If we're looking at the specific ages of what is considered a millennial, I barely squeak in and get pretty insulted when people make assumptions that I am either lazy or entitled. I've worked my ass off for every job/promotion/raise that I've ever received.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by Black_Tusk on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by mbav8r »

Curious, if I was correct about " today I learned" why didn't you type that?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by mbav8r on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by Black_Tusk »

mbav8r wrote:Curious, if I was correct about " today I learned" why didn't you type that?
I don't know.. I just did.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”