Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
I toasted a half-dozen irrelevant, offensive posts. Let's try to keep this on topic please.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Holy shit people lets not lose track of the fact, this is a TV Show built for entertaining the viewing audience. The scene that showed the loc fully deflected last night was probably filmed last year sometime and just edited into that scene for this episode. I would be willing to bet the French girl wasn't even in the aircraft when that bit of footage showing the VOR needles was filmed. It would amaze the average person on how an episode can be edited together using footage and voice taken from all different times and situations.
Relax and enjoy!!
Relax and enjoy!!
You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
I know this is just a television show(reality tv) but what is Joe thinking, 200'-300' I believe, full deflection he sure took his time going missed. I guess it makes good tv. Sure good to see the electra again.
p.s. you gotta love that ..
p.s. you gotta love that ..
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
if anyone was paying attention, you would have noticed that they were doing the backcourse for 13....when they showed they full scale deflection notice they had it at 360 on the obs? Obviously it was taken at another time for editing use...
I guess I should write something here.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Sorry but anyone that works the ramp for them gets what they deserve. Bust your ass off, to hope to make it to a flight attendent position, than maybe see a plane.
How about this, go to northern ont, work the dock while actually flying. Chances are you'll get treated better as well.
As for Audrey, she left due to her mom being sick and such. Can you really fault them for putting her back into her position. It doesn't sound like she quit, sounds like a LOA to me. So yeah she should be back into the position. On the other hand, Make some contraversy to put her back, just like jersey shore. haha
How about this, go to northern ont, work the dock while actually flying. Chances are you'll get treated better as well.
As for Audrey, she left due to her mom being sick and such. Can you really fault them for putting her back into her position. It doesn't sound like she quit, sounds like a LOA to me. So yeah she should be back into the position. On the other hand, Make some contraversy to put her back, just like jersey shore. haha
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Snookie Is kinda hot!!!!
She's a piggy piggy!!!
She's a piggy piggy!!!
A device is yet to be invented that will measure my indifference to this remark.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
So how does employing a BUNCH of people and keeping a fleet of WWII aircraft airworthy and finding enough work to keep the operation a float make him a “crook”??? You obviously do not have a FRICKING clue of what it takes to run a business!!arrogant crook.
Last edited by culver10 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Not sure what the mod's issue is here. These people are on tv and we all know who they are. i admit the first round of edits about bag licking were warranted, but not deleting who we think deserves a co pilot seat or that joe is a jerk to everyone but this little girl. Saying: (I think its BS making someone be a trolly tart before they can sit in the right seat just to be yelled at.) Does not warrant any form of edit.
i read the rules and these remarks are allowed. Joe is a jerk and anyone that puts up with that crap degrades all pilots.
CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!
i read the rules and these remarks are allowed. Joe is a jerk and anyone that puts up with that crap degrades all pilots.
CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
In my opinion, Joe is probably not a jerk at all. They just make it look like that in the show to get viewers riled up and coming back for more. Sadly, it's just a high calibre reality show, the lowest for of TV, designed to appeal to the great unwashed.
If you haven't already watched it, check out the Rick Mercer Show segment on Buffalo Airways. Joe doesn't seem like such an ogre at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRvQvtT ... detailpage
If you haven't already watched it, check out the Rick Mercer Show segment on Buffalo Airways. Joe doesn't seem like such an ogre at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRvQvtT ... detailpage
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
+1oldyellr wrote:In my opinion, Joe is probably not a jerk at all. They just make it look like that in the show to get viewers riled up and coming back for more. Sadly, it's just a high calibre reality show, the lowest for of TV, designed to appeal to the great unwashed.
If you haven't already watched it, check out the Rick Mercer Show segment on Buffalo Airways. Joe doesn't seem like such an ogre at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRvQvtT ... detailpage
Joe seems a really decent guy and is very good at running his business. I just question the wisdom of flying all those ancient planes.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Thanks for Cumin !CpnCrunch wrote:+1oldyellr wrote:In my opinion, Joe is probably not a jerk at all. They just make it look like that in the show to get viewers riled up and coming back for more. Sadly, it's just a high calibre reality show, the lowest for of TV, designed to appeal to the great unwashed.
If you haven't already watched it, check out the Rick Mercer Show segment on Buffalo Airways. Joe doesn't seem like such an ogre at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRvQvtT ... detailpage
Joe seems a really decent guy and is very good at running his business. I just question the wisdom of flying all those ancient planes.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
How many fatal accidents has Buffalo Airways had?
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
No idea - please tell us to save us having to google it.Cat Driver wrote:How many fatal accidents has Buffalo Airways had?
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Watched a rerun the other day and you are correct my friend. I guess we can't take all these shows too serious.Maynard wrote:if anyone was paying attention, you would have noticed that they were doing the backcourse for 13....when they showed they full scale deflection notice they had it at 360 on the obs? Obviously it was taken at another time for editing use...
-
angry inch
- Rank 7

- Posts: 520
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:18 pm
- Location: the wet coast
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
I had the pleasure of meeting Joe last summer when he came by the float base where I was working. He was a hell of a guy.. I was heading out on a trip to another new spot & he gave me a brief history of where I was going & we BS'd for a while. Another time, a buddy & I stopped by the Buffalo hangar & were invited for a quick tour from one of the employees. I like Buffalo & I like watching "Ice Pilots"... it's entertainment....
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
They might be old aircraft he's flying, but as . mentioned in the last episodes, sometimes the older ones are easier to maintain, they're simpler. Besides, something that's been around that long and is still kickin' strong, makes for an awesome plane -- especially in the territory they operate in. Gotta remember, they're flying into remote gravel strips and out in he wilderness, not always nice paved runways. Who says you need a fleet of ultra-modern aircraft to run a business? Should Joe sell all his aircraft and buy a set of 787s? Would be like trying to take your shiny new Lamborghini offroading. Shiny new tech ain't gonna help you out there.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
This is for you . Adams!! I miss your irregular humor and funny stories. From Alert, Nunavut!
- Attachments
-
- This one is for you . Adams, miss your irregular humour! From Alert...
- IMG_0209r.JPG (661.44 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
I'm willing to admit I blow at wheel landings and could probably do no better, but can a C-46 be landed without bouncing?
LnS.
LnS.
-
warbirdpilot7
- Rank 3

- Posts: 171
- Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 pm
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
CpnCrunch wrote:+1oldyellr wrote:In my opinion, Joe is probably not a jerk at all. They just make it look like that in the show to get viewers riled up and coming back for more. Sadly, it's just a high calibre reality show, the lowest for of TV, designed to appeal to the great unwashed.
If you haven't already watched it, check out the Rick Mercer Show segment on Buffalo Airways. Joe doesn't seem like such an ogre at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRvQvtT ... detailpage
Joe seems a really decent guy and is very good at running his business. I just question the wisdom of flying all those ancient planes.
An airplane is only as good as the maintanence. I have no problem flying aircraft that are 70+ years old. I know and trust the AME's........I often think of the poor little flying club airplanes that have been bounced and flown so hard for so long.
Thats where the concern should be.......I saw a journey log last week of a C-152 with 10,000TT on her. All flight school time
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
Admittedly I don't watch Ice Pilots very much, but last night's episode was a real yawner. Not very exciting at all.
When Joe was giving everyone shit for not having the back-up aircraft ready was that a little smile I saw on his face? It was almost as if the director told him to look really mad when he bawled out his staff. I wonder how many takes it took for Joe to look mad and his employees to look scared. What a joke!
Don't get me started about the fuel thing.
My prediction? This will be Ice Pilot's last season.
When Joe was giving everyone shit for not having the back-up aircraft ready was that a little smile I saw on his face? It was almost as if the director told him to look really mad when he bawled out his staff. I wonder how many takes it took for Joe to look mad and his employees to look scared. What a joke!
Don't get me started about the fuel thing.
My prediction? This will be Ice Pilot's last season.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
No, that part at least is highly accurate.BeechjetYKZ wrote:I somehow think Mikey wouldn't be a candidate for the average sized training aircraft. Notice how Buffalo pilots are skinny guys. It makes it easier to add an extra few boxes of pop/chips for their run to the "general store".I used to think the whole "pop and chips" thing in the north was just an expression but then I watched this show.
no sig because apparently quoting people in context is offensive to them.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
I find it frustrating that for my whole carreer I tried to instill in my customers that the old myth about flying being scary and unsafe was not true. Then they allow a TV crew into the cockpit and everything we have collectively been trying to do to promote a safe image goes out the window. I dont for a minute believe Joe runs anything but a safe operation but that fricken TV crew makes it appear otherwise. We want people to feel as safe and as comfortable as we can. The image this sends to the general public is that up north, flying is still done by guess or by golly. This is at best a soap opera for pilots.
Re: Ice Pilots of NWT Series on History Channel this Fall!
The 152 I was flying at my flight school had over 22'000 hours on it.warbirdpilot7 wrote: Thats where the concern should be.......I saw a journey log last week of a C-152 with 10,000TT on her. All flight school time








