Islamic teddy bear!

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

H
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:48 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!

Post by H »

How come CID isn't slamming haz's last photo post?
---------- ADS -----------
 
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3544
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Canada

Post by CID »

How come CID isn't slamming haz's last photo post?
What's the sense? It was just meant to be provocative. I think I've made my opinion on this topic clear.

Funny though. You claim that you started this thread as some sort of twisted "test" for me to respond to. Now that I don't respond you seem to be trying to encourage me. Is something missing in your life H? Do you have nothing better to do than antagonize people?

I suspect that you just posted an offensive picture and are doing some damage control following a negative reaction. Maybe this is a wake up call for you. Or at least a minor life lesson about ethics.

It's a win-win really. What doesn't kill us just makes us stronger. (And smarter)
---------- ADS -----------
 
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6745
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
Contact:

Post by niss »

CID,

Your point about the palestinians having a clear oppressor may make sense in israel and the OT...

But......

That does not account for things like 911. The US may have pissed off the middle east but are not a clear oppressor, what about the bomb in bali? There were civilians from all over, who out of all the people in there was the straw that broke the camels back?

All I know is that these people are off balance,

ALAH AKBAR to me might as well be On Your Mark Get Set Go! Cause I am running like my ass is on fire when I hear that.

Niss :axe:
---------- ADS -----------
 
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
User avatar
Doctor Evil
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:59 pm

Post by Doctor Evil »

hazatude wrote:We need Jesus to come back and sort some shit out here...

Image
Based on the events of recent weeks, should we now expect radical Christians everywhere to start rioting and blowing stuff up because this depiction of Jesus pisses them off?? :twisted:
---------- ADS -----------
 
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3544
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Canada

Post by CID »

Your point about the palestinians having a clear oppressor may make sense in israel and the OT...

But......

That does not account for things like 911. The US may have pissed off the middle east but are not a clear oppressor, what about the bomb in bali? There were civilians from all over, who out of all the people in there was the straw that broke the camels back?
911 was an attack by Al Qaeda operatives in retaliation for American interference in Saudi Arabia. The motives they provided were that the US:
Plunders the resources of the Arabian Peninsula.

Dictates policy to the rulers of those countries.

Supports abusive regimes and monarchies in the Middle East, thereby oppressing their people.

Has military bases and installations upon the Arabian Peninsula, which violates the Muslim holy land, in order to threaten neighboring Muslim countries.

Intends thereby to create disunion between Muslim states, thus weakening them as a political force.

Supports Israel, and wishes to divert international attention from (and tacitly maintain) the occupation of Palestine.
(Remember, I'm just quoting the motives.)

The attack in Bali was to aimed towards the so-called "Jewish-Crusader alliance".

In the view of Al Qaeda, the US and the entities they associate with the "Jewish-Crusader alliance" are opressors. It's actually not that far of a reach when you consider the long standing western interference in the ME.

Read the motive list and try to honestly tell me none are legitimate issues from the perspective of Arabs in the ME.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2696
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: At a Tanker Base near you.
Contact:

Post by Driving Rain »

I didn't know Australia was part of the Jewish Crusader Alliance. :smt017 I only say this because most of the victims in Bali were from there.
---------- ADS -----------
 
CID
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3544
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Canada

Post by CID »

I didn't know Australia was part of the Jewish Crusader Alliance.
Before I reply, I again want to make it perfectly clear that I do not support ANY Al Qaeda operation or the group itself I am merely stating facts and opinions.

I'm not sure anyone has been able to absolutely define what or who the "Jewish-Crusader alliance" is. It is a term used by Al Qaeda. I'm not even sure it has been properly translated by the English speaking press.

It is the view of Al Qaeda and other extremist ME groups that this so-called "alliance" is an organized group of nations and cells within those nations that is bent on the destruction of the Arab world. They feel that the “Jewish Crusader alliance” is comprised of any state that “collects taxes that fund the killing and maiming of innocent Muslims in areas such as the occupied territories and Iraq.”

When the terrorists attacked Bali, I don’t think they much cared who were in the buildings. As a matter of fact, the statement from Al Qaeda released following the terror attacks pretty much verified that:
"By attempting to strike a U.S. plane in Saudi Arabia and by bombing a Jewish synagogue in Tunisia, destroying two ships in Yemen, attacking the Fialka base in Kuwait, and bombing nightclubs and whorehouses in Indonesia, al Qaeda has shown it has no qualms about attacking inside Arab and Islamic lands."
I can’t comment on whether or not Australia has a large Jewish population or if they provide much aid to Israel or the US in their ME conflicts because I just don’t know and I haven’t researched it. But it appears that the target wasn’t so much the Aussies as it was pretty much anything within Indonesia to punish them for straying from Muslim ideals and morals. (At least in the eyes of the extremists)
---------- ADS -----------
 
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6745
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
Contact:

Post by niss »

I think that who ever stated that arabs dont need a reason to attack they just need an excuse was bang on. They just hate the western world and what it stands for. Ya maybe the americains antagonised them a little more by having bases and attempting to control governments, but they just hate what isnt them. Or so to speak.

I dont know, its late, im tired...
---------- ADS -----------
 
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Locked

Return to “The Water Cooler”