four forces

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7374
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.
Contact:

Post by . ._ »

I thought the four forces were

EARTH WIND AND FIRE!!!!

Image

And of course- SOUL, brother! That's how a funky cat really flies!

-istp 8)
---------- ADS -----------
 
nimbostratus
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:08 am
Location: Calgary

Post by nimbostratus »

Hey guys, I just looked down and noticed I have a bulge around my equator! Am I drinking too much beer or just spinning too fast? My brain can't always tell the difference between the two....

:lol:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes!


"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask and he will tell the truth." -- Oscar Wilde
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Post by physicsbuff »

If you're going to be on about Galilean relativity, please don't even use the word Physics in the same sentence then, since he was so very wrong on a number of subjects. Examples?
Galileo: Time is constant in all reference frames.
Modern Physics: WRONG, Galilei, you are so wrong, but thanks for the telescope and everything.
---------- ADS -----------
 
jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:53 am

Post by jjj »

Physicsbuff wrote: ".......Galilean relativity, please don't even use the word Physics in the same sentence then, since he was so very wrong on a number of subjects. "

That's the kind of stupid statement that Beechy would likely make.

Einstein made errors too - is he still worthy of your accolades you arrogant ass!?!

Of course Galileo can't measure up to any modern day Physicist - that expectation is ludicrous.

jjj
---------- ADS -----------
 
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Post by physicsbuff »

Like the speed at which the ship on Spaceballs can travel? I was just trying to clear up the big question y'all were having such a hard time figuring out, but I think I see now, you have taught me that my years in school majoring in Physics is completely meaningless and pilots are in fact much better than all.

I can tell because you all had such an easy time with a BASIC Physics question. I can especially see it because the majority of you were very accurate about the "spinning earth" and "weightlessness" theories, and the fact that you don't have any weight if you're not moving. Oh rewrite the textbooks, you've got it.


I use italics because the internet is so effective at filtering out my sarcasm.

FYI: A scale tells you your weight because it is designed to do so, it gives you a "weight" in kilograms, though technically it would be your mass. The scale assumes 9.8 m/s^2 and therefore translates your force found in units of Newtons into a mass.

And you have the minerals to call ME arrogant? I thought adding some truth and an educated opinion into the conversation would be helpful. But I can see that what you feel is helpful is ripping the only educated one a new asshole. How mature.
---------- ADS -----------
 
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Post by physicsbuff »

heavymetal wrote:
Gravity itself is an acceleration resulting from the spinning of the earth
Anything that has mass exerts a gravitational force. The reason everything sticks to the Earth is the fact that it's mass is far greater than anything else on it.
Correct for $64, 000, heavymetal. Thanks for being the voice of reason.
---------- ADS -----------
 
mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2119
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Pilot Purgatory

Post by mellow_pilot »

physicsbuff wrote:
heavymetal wrote:
Gravity itself is an acceleration resulting from the spinning of the earth
Anything that has mass exerts a gravitational force. The reason everything sticks to the Earth is the fact that it's mass is far greater than anything else on it.
Correct for $64, 000, heavymetal. Thanks for being the voice of reason.
So you're saying that Aussies don't have to wear velcro-soled shoes? DAMNIT!! I knew that salesman was shifty!

Oh, and can someone explain how this bulge theory explains why the earth is fatter on the bottome than the top. Where's your spinning equilbrium now cochese?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:53 am

Post by jjj »

Excellent,

that was the reaction I was fishing for - a pissed off and frustrated physics dude - my work here is complete.

It's nice outside so I'm gonna go for a bike ride - then I'll have a beer.

That second last post was nice and concise when you were sticking to the facts and not whining.

Have a good weekend all - you too Physicsbuff.

jjj
---------- ADS -----------
 
superiorwhore
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by superiorwhore »

jjj wrote:Excellent,

that was the reaction I was fishing for - a pissed off and frustrated physics dude - my work here is complete.

It's nice outside so I'm gonna go for a bike ride - then I'll have a beer.

That second last post was nice and concise when you were sticking to the facts and not whining.

Have a good weekend all - you too Physicsbuff.

jjj
AH, you quit when your gettin your ass handed to you, Suck it up and defend your dumbass theories.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Self respect for sale.
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Post by physicsbuff »

Physics dude? Nice assumption you prick, I just don't think you want to realize you just got your ass handed to you by a chick.

I'm a poet and I didn't even realize it, ha!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
AV8OR
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:21 am

Post by AV8OR »

All I know is, if you want to loose weight, forget Weight Watchers. Go to the moon instead! :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4027
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
Location: Riderville

Post by Dust Devil »

AV8OR wrote:All I know is, if you want to loose weight, forget Weight Watchers. Go to the moon instead! :wink:
However that won't help you lose mass. The only way to do that is to stop shoving cheeseburgers into your gut.
---------- ADS -----------
 
heavymetal
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:57 am

Post by heavymetal »

Holy Fack Randy! How many cheeseburgers can you stuff into that cheese burger locker of yours? Huh huh huh
- Bubbles

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm never played as the villian in the stories I've told.
jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:53 am

Post by jjj »

physicsbuff,

have I ever told you that I think you're beautiful when you're mad.

jjj
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Golden Flyer
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Post by Golden Flyer »

jjj wrote:physicsbuff,

have I ever told you that I think you're beautiful when you're mad.

jjj
What if this chick is a dude who received sex change? Would you still believe IT is beautiful? haha.... No offence to you physicsbuff!
---------- ADS -----------
 
superiorwhore
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by superiorwhore »

Golden Flyer wrote:
jjj wrote:physicsbuff,

have I ever told you that I think you're beautiful when you're mad.

jjj
What if this chick is a dude who received sex change? Would you still believe IT is beautiful? haha.... No offence to you physicsbuff!
That was pretty lame actually there buddy!! :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Self respect for sale.
linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:53 am
Location: On final so get off the damn runway!

Post by linecrew »

clunckdriver wrote:Aircraft can only generate lift to overcome gravity by injecting vast amounts of money, all other principles of flight are wrong!
Ain't it true though?

Money (and maybe beer) is the cause of, and solution to all problems. :P
---------- ADS -----------
 
CP
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:20 pm

C-hris wrote

Post by CP »

For instance, thrust itself is an example of an unbalanced force. When you consider drag along with thrust, however, there is no longer an imbalance. If a rocket is in orbit in outer space where there is no air density (and thus no drag), then if the astronauts activate the rockets, there will be no force to balance thrust. The rocket will simply keep accelerating.

Lets see here;
1.Thrust is not an example of an unbalanced force.Thrust is just a force, it can be balanced or unbalanced. Balanced= equilibrium. Unbalanced = well you an figure that out.
2.The rocket example. So would the rocket instantly accelerate to the speed of light because there is no drag? Hmmm??

Bet that made you think! :shock:
---------- ADS -----------
 
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Post by physicsbuff »

I am definitely an original chick. Not to confused with original Canadian. But it wouldn't be the first time I'd been told I was beautiful when mad. So you're legit.

2 legit
*tosses up gang symbols*
---------- ADS -----------
 
physicsbuff
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am

Re: C-hris wrote

Post by physicsbuff »

CP wrote:
For instance, thrust itself is an example of an unbalanced force. When you consider drag along with thrust, however, there is no longer an imbalance. If a rocket is in orbit in outer space where there is no air density (and thus no drag), then if the astronauts activate the rockets, there will be no force to balance thrust. The rocket will simply keep accelerating.

Lets see here;
1.Thrust is not an example of an unbalanced force.Thrust is just a force, it can be balanced or unbalanced. Balanced= equilibrium. Unbalanced = well you an figure that out.
2.The rocket example. So would the rocket instantly accelerate to the speed of light because there is no drag? Hmmm??

Bet that made you think! :shock:
The rocket would not accelerate to the speed of light because it would require infinite energy to accelerate something to the speed of light.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”