Air Canada salary question

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DeltaHotel
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am
Location: Montreal CYUL

Re: Air Canada salary question

Post by DeltaHotel »

c170b53, Im sure you are full of useful information and you seem like you are in the know about the life and conditions of a RP at AC.

Having said that, Im afraid Im having a hard time understanding your previous posts. It all seems like incoherent angry talk to me....

Are you saying that take home income for a RP is 70-80k ?! And that you flew with a B777 Captain that didn't know how to get to page two of the Status page ?! (im guessing Status Page on the FMS ?!)
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
c170b53
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: YVR

Re: Air Canada salary question

Post by c170b53 »

Sorry I'm not a professional pilot, nor do I have the attributes to be one. I own and fly as you might guess something that keeps my feet alive. I work the ramp as a mechanic and yeah at times I get miffed by attitudes. My comments are observations and results from situations as I see them. I have worked in this business for sometime, in various capacities, different companies and with a variety of co-workers. The best times were in the late seventies and early eighties and as far as I can tell, it comes at you in waves. I'm riding the last wave now and maybe that's a good thing to just walk away. Many have and report the results can be excellent.
As for who's doing the real flying, well its anyone's opinion, I'll nominate those who frequently go up and down without the aid of AL into the likes of YYD in wintertime. The 777 likes will get the most money, but they just point it, the rest is a computer program. The 70 to 80K is mechanics pay, unlikely to be going up anytime soon. Status page tells you what you got or what you have lost in an EICAS environment. Not knowing what a button does for Flt. or Gnd. crew comes in waves too.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Air Canada”