Flight schools in chilliwack
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore
-
Salmonela132
- Rank 0

- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:17 pm
Flight schools in chilliwack
Anyone have any recommendations for some good schools in chilliwack ?
-
mmartin1872
- Rank 3

- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Re: Flight schools in chilliwack
In Chilliwack.. The only real choice is Principal Air. Jeanette, is a good instructor, very calm. She has a new guy, Steve, that appears will make a good instructor., calm and relaxed.
The issues with Chilliwack, is getting the "radio work"... But then you aren't 15 minutes away from the practice area (big bonus). Once i finished my training, I had to force myself to go to 'control zones' to feel comfortable. If i was to do it again, I would probably still go to principal air, but I would have also gone to a school in Langley or Abbotsford for 5-15 hours, just to be in controlled airspace more often.
But then, you could also do it the way i did, go to 1 school, and then just suck it up and force yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
The issues with Chilliwack, is getting the "radio work"... But then you aren't 15 minutes away from the practice area (big bonus). Once i finished my training, I had to force myself to go to 'control zones' to feel comfortable. If i was to do it again, I would probably still go to principal air, but I would have also gone to a school in Langley or Abbotsford for 5-15 hours, just to be in controlled airspace more often.
But then, you could also do it the way i did, go to 1 school, and then just suck it up and force yourself to get out of your comfort zone.
-
Big Pistons Forever
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:17 pm
- Location: West Coast
Re: Flight schools in chilliwack
Do not have anything to do with AAA aviation. Use the search function to see why
Re: Flight schools in chilliwack
Or Blue Balls, er, Blue Bird.Big Pistons Forever wrote:Do not have anything to do with AAA aviation. Use the search function to see why
