The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 976

LongHaul89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by LongHaul89 »

August equipment bid shows a need for atleast 800 more pilots!
---------- ADS -----------

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

Thank you for the info! I'm surprised actually that 20% are on reserve.

Hotoffthepress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hotoffthepress »

Thanks for all the responses.

Good to get a bit of clarity to the situation.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

flying4dollars wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:25 pm
flyingcanuck wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:15 am
bob99 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:18 am Imo it'll continue for a little while yet. Still lots of 220s to arrive, followed by the NEOs if that ever happens.
dont forget the XLRs
I think that's what he meant. The XLR's are NEO aircraft. Any talk of 320 NEO's is just a rumor for now. Thought it would be nice to upgrade the aged 320 fleet. Carrying 20T of gas from YYZ to YVR on a 321 is insane. The MAX burns like 4-5T less.
The A350's are just a rumour. 26 A321XLR's have been ordered, the certification of the aircraft has run into delays.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/ ... xlr-delays

There are equipment overlaps on a lot of routes but the 73M8 and 321XLR will fill different rolls. The Max flying is pretty well established at this point, while the XLR will come with lie-flat bed and provide trans-Atlantic capacity that the airline hasn't had since the 767's were retired, as well as providing replacement aircraft for its ageing 320 fleet.

https://princeoftravel.com/news/new-det ... ess-class/

Mekki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mekki »

Any calls going out for late September groundschool?

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

Mekki wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:36 am Any calls going out for late September groundschool?
For Jazz candidates yes. For OTS not quite a bit early calls will most likely go out between late next week to 1st full week of Sept. Things can change. Take with grain of salt.

NTPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NTPilot »

a2btrail wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:50 am
Mekki wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:36 am Any calls going out for late September groundschool?
For Jazz candidates yes. For OTS not quite a bit early calls will most likely go out between late next week to 1st full week of Sept. Things can change. Take with grain of salt.
Is there gonna be more and better options of equipment for YYZ base in September ground school ?

tupues
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tupues »

There is no such thing as a predetermined timeframe on when calls for a set course go out. You can get a call tomorrow and opt be put on a course in December. So I am sure there is already people other than Jazz on September courses. What matters more is the last call for a course. I’d say that the early September one is starting to cut it pretty tight.

ohio_19
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ohio_19 »

Last edited by ohio_19 on Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohio_19
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ohio_19 »

tupues wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:57 pm
There is no such thing as a predetermined timeframe on when calls for a set course go out. You can get a call tomorrow and opt be put on a course in December. So I am sure there is already people other than Jazz on September courses. What matters more is the last call for a course. I’d say that the early September one is starting to cut it pretty tight.
Is it common for Air Canada to extend job offers to candidates on different timelines, even if the interviews happened around the same time?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

ohio_19 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:53 pm
tupues wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:57 pm

Is it common for Air Canada to extend job offers to candidates on different timelines, even if the interviews happened around the same time?
It depends on how they've filled the courses I'd imagine.

Bluewaffe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bluewaffe »

Anybody has august equipment bid?

apetogetherstrong
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by apetogetherstrong »

Serious question. I have my interview coming up and likely other steps to follow. How hard is AC on drug use? I sometimes get carried away with it, and it has effected previous medicals and jobs. Thing is I don't want to screw this up. How likely will they find out I use and have a troubled history? Is there a way to cheat the psyc eval?

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

apetogetherstrong wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:28 pm Serious question. I have my interview coming up and likely other steps to follow. How hard is AC on drug use? I sometimes get carried away with it, and it has effected previous medicals and jobs. Thing is I don't want to screw this up. How likely will they find out I use and have a troubled history? Is there a way to cheat the psyc eval?
You should be fine, just answer a question with a question and every third question opposite of your previous answer, it totally skews the results and if you do the same on the repeat, the results will show genius which is exempted from further testing as for the drug test, drink a litre of vinegar 1 hour before the test, you could literally shoot up before walking in and the test will be negative.

Hysteria
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hysteria »

apetogetherstrong wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:28 pm Serious question. I have my interview coming up and likely other steps to follow. How hard is AC on drug use? I sometimes get carried away with it, and it has effected previous medicals and jobs. Thing is I don't want to screw this up. How likely will they find out I use and have a troubled history? Is there a way to cheat the psyc eval?
this must be capt z

itsgrosswhatinet
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by itsgrosswhatinet »

686 vacancies on the new equipment bid.

Safety starts with two
tata324
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tata324 »

Any idea when calls are going out for jan PIT?

Nick678
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nick678 »

I know I’m this is the OTS thread but calls for Jan 10 went out to some Jazz pilots, probably some OTS planned as well

tata324
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tata324 »

Fair game if jazz folks get priority. Hopefully We OTS get to fill up 40% of every class. I personally don’t know anyone OTS that got the call for December 27th or the 10th jan class. Fingers crossed.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I believe the winter courses have been about 80% jazz. Likely to balance the percentage from previous class ratios. This has been consistent with the winter course makeup rumors. I haven't heard what the makeup will be for 2024. GLTA

Return to “Air Canada”