Microsoft word help

Having difficulties with AvCanada Forums, the internet etc.. ask your questions here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Microsoft word help

Post by rigpiggy »

I'm having to do some manual amendments, but when I changer the footer dateit goes thru the whole document, can anybody explain how to selectively change headers/footers?
---------- ADS -----------

Brain007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Microsoft word help

Post by Brain007 »

If you only have one header and footer, this is a pretty easy task to delete it. Just double-click the top or bottom of the page to open the Design tab, click the Header (or Footer) button and select the Remove option. But if your document is long and complex with different headers/footers on different pages, it’s a little more daunting. Unless you know this helpful trick.

In Word 2010, go to the File tab, click the large Check for Issues button, and select Inspect Document

In Word 2007, Inspect Document is under the Microsoft Office Button and the Prepare menu item.

Now uncheck all boxes EXCEPT Headers, Footers, and Watermarks. Note: This tool also remove any watermarks from your document.

Click Inspect and you should see a result like this if you have headers, footers, or watermarks in your document:

Simply click Remove All to delete these. Note that you cannot undo the removal, so be sure to first save a version of the document with these elements intact if you wish to retain them.

Human Lover! :rolleyes:
Manager @ Custom USB Canada
Blue Yonder
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blue Yonder »

rigpiggy wrote:I'm having to do some manual amendments, but when I changer the footer dateit goes thru the whole document, can anybody explain how to selectively change headers/footers?
Sounds like what you're looking for is to unlink the headers and/or footers from adjacent pages so they can be different. Give this video a looksee.

Microsoft Word: Different Headers on Each Page

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Thanks, wilco

Return to “Internet and Computer Help”