AVCANADA

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:14 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello to everyone. I've decided to do all my training in Canada mainly because of the low cost and, as I believe, the quality of training. But I was wondering if there are any other people that did the same move. Are there any recommended schools? Furthermore, at the end the conversion of a Canadian ATPL to a JAA one is it easy and how much approx. costs? Also, are there any issues-hints that a foreigner must be aware before applying to a Canadian school? Also is there any possibility for someone like me to be employed as an instructor mainly for hourbuilding? I would appreciate any comment regarding the above. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Europe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:10 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

If you are planning to go back with a licence to convert it, I would go for the cheapest which will be probably in US and it is ICAO as well.
I believe they have visa J... that allow you to work a couple year to build hours.

On the other hand it might be easier to immigrate in Canada...check the website of the canadian government...

Post subject: JAA Licences
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:07 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

I am originally from the UK. My advice would be to come here to Canada and get your PPL and then all of the necessary hours before returning back to Europe. You could even consider the ATPL distance learning while you are over here. I beleive Bristol Ground school to be one of the best. If you do your Instrument rating over here also at a considerable saving you will only have to do a further 15 hrs in the UK instead of the normal 55 hrs. If you need advice on certain schools please feel free to e mail me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:43 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ottawa Aviation Services in CYOW have trained a bunch of UK and Irish students, they all have jobs on return to their countries.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:26 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Take a look at Moncton Flight college, as they provide JAA training as well as Canadian training,

WEB site:

http://www.mfc.nb.ca/home.aspx

Horseman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Check out Aviation International (Canada) Inc. 40 minutes west of Toronto in Guelph Ontario.

A great reputation with well equipped a/c's and 20 plus years of pilot training for the aviation industry.

1-800-599-7539
519-824-2660
email: info@aviationinternational.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:01 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

I trained at Aviation International and now have an interest in the school (full disclosure!)

We have trained UK, and French pilots to ATPL in the past 20 years as well as pilots from other countries. We offer time-building as well as flight instruction and are currently in discussions with a European company to provide 100 hours of time-building in a one-month period for a continuous stream of pilots.

I'm not sure of the current conversion regulations for JAA, but my reading of British flight training manulas leaves me with the impression that not much is different from what we do now as a matter of course.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

oops! sorry 'bout that typo - should be 'manuals' of course

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:44 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Horseman wrote:
Take a look at Moncton Flight college, as they provide JAA training as well as Canadian training,

WEB site:

http://www.mfc.nb.ca/home.aspx

Horseman

this program is no longer available from MFC. the JAA students that were at MFC have elected to stay and finish their canadian licenses then return to the UK and convert