Air Sprint Questions

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Air Sprint Questions

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Inflation happens whether your scales reflects it or not. This is the point of having payscales that have inflation raises on top of pay raises. If you don't, you'd have to subtract that years inflation to come up with your actual pay raise.
---------- ADS -----------

ASPilotsUnited
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ASPilotsUnited »

ASPilotsUnited wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:51 am One thing we are set on (as the pilot group) is tying any new scale to the inflationary index. We expect word back on it’s result in the next couple months, again, that’s coming directly from management.
I saw the new pay scale posted. Is it tied to the inflationary index?
[/quote]

As is being spiritually debated here, no, it is not. The new index is more or less corrected (mostly, some winners/losers) for inflation, but we know this year and possibly next, we will be on the losing end. There are however some gains in our favour, as promised by management, such as schedule alterations and a permanent increase in per diems (highest in country?).

We are still reviewing the new scale system and some of the new inputs, but truth be told we’ve been run off our feet lately to properly analyze as a group. When we have time we will be formulating a response, as well as conducting an internal discussion between pilots.

AS Pilots United

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

ASPilotsUnited wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:08 am
ASPilotsUnited wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:51 am One thing we are set on (as the pilot group) is tying any new scale to the inflationary index. We expect word back on it’s result in the next couple months, again, that’s coming directly from management.
a permanent increase in per diems (highest in country?).

AS Pilots United
[/quote]

Not by a long shot. Like, not even close.

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:27 am

AS Pilots United
[/quote]

Who has the highest per diems then? I know transat is slightly higher, but not by much. I don’t know of anyone else higher.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

ASPilotsUnited wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:08 am permanent increase in per diems (highest in country?).
My last perdiem rates at a pseudo corporate gig were found here:

Domestically:
https://www.njc-cnm.gc.ca/directive/d10 ... s659-tc-tm

Internationally:
https://www.njc-cnm.gc.ca/directive/app_d.php?lang=en

So within Canada 171.85 per day.

Internationally it depends on the country, but I certainly never had to pinch pennies. That a little under double the rate you advertised. If it was a day trip, I would get a company card, and could more or less spend as I pleased for food and incidentals.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Dronepiper wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:31 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:27 am

AS Pilots United
Who has the highest per diems then? I know transat is slightly higher, but not by much. I don’t know of anyone else higher.
[/quote]

Haha, I was actually thinking about Transat. Last I looked their PD's it was over $5 an hour for North America and just over $6 for Europe, IIRC.

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

As is being spiritually debated here, no, it is not. The new index is more or less corrected (mostly, some winners/losers) for inflation, but we know this year and possibly next, we will be on the losing end. There are however some gains in our favour, as promised by management, such as schedule alterations and a permanent increase in per diems (highest in country?).

We are still reviewing the new scale system and some of the new inputs, but truth be told we’ve been run off our feet lately to properly analyze as a group. When we have time we will be formulating a response, as well as conducting an internal discussion between pilots.

AS Pilots United
[/quote]

Any news Mr./Ms. ASPilotsUnited?

Lomochowhai
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lomochowhai »

Have applied to Air Sprint several times in 12 months, but never ever got a reply, even after emailing the DFO and CP directly. Several thousand hours total time plus TC ATP and First class medical. Doesn’t seem like a very professional company.

Transport Wander
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Transport Wander »

Lomochowhai wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 pm Have applied to Air Sprint several times in 12 months, but never ever got a reply, even after emailing the DFO and CP directly. Several thousand hours total time plus TC ATP and First class medical. Doesn’t seem like a very professional company.
Perhaps getting a new username would help as anyone that is professional won’t choose such particular username

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Transport Wander wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:21 pm
Lomochowhai wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 pm Have applied to Air Sprint several times in 12 months, but never ever got a reply, even after emailing the DFO and CP directly. Several thousand hours total time plus TC ATP and First class medical. Doesn’t seem like a very professional company.
Perhaps getting a new username would help as anyone that is professional won’t choose such particular username

It’s a user name, on a forum…

Why is that username unprofessional in your opinion?

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Some companies will never call you back although you meet all their requirements, some will call you back with half of their requirements.

I have applied to Air Sprints for years, never got a call.

Don't sweat it, they may call you one day or not.

They probably will just a day after you got a job offer for a great job ! :)

Transport Wander
Rank 0
Rank 0

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:02 pm

Go ask someone that speaks Cantonese

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Transport Wander wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:37 am

Thats kind of funny because I find it hard to believe he didn't know that when selecting the name. And if he didn't and picked it randomly then when someone asked you would think he would research it when someone called him out on it before insinuating it wasn't offensive.

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AirSprintInc »

Hi,

We strive to respond to everyone that contacts directly either with questions about working with us or those that are interested and send us their resume. I apologize if we missed you as that does not seem normal, feel free to reach out directly to me again and I will be sure to respond to you.

Kind Regards,
Matt
mnr @airsprint.com

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:07 am

Thats kind of funny because I find it hard to believe he didn't know that when selecting the name. And if he didn't and picked it randomly then when someone asked you would think he would research it when someone called him out on it before insinuating it wasn't offensive.
I did (although quickly) look it up and came up empty handed…

AS’s CP just responded to said poster with a supposedly offensive user name… so I would assume he came up empty handed as well? (Or maybe he’s being classy…)

khedrei, since you seem to know what it means… why not enlighten us rather than pontificate?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Well, antagonism is a bit of a one-way street. But that's beside the point. Sometimes your vibe just doesn't match what recruitment at a company is looking for, and that's just the way it is. Do you get mad a girl who doesn't want to hook up? I've been incredibly fortunate intowards having an interview shot at every airline in the country, except for one. Never had so much as an automated form response from Cargojet in a 5 year period while meeting all their requirements. Never knew why, and I don't disparage them for it. And hey, I certainly wouldn't change the way things have worked out.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:52 pm

AS’s CP just responded to said poster with a supposedly offensive user name… so I would assume he came up empty handed as well? (Or maybe he’s being classy…)

khedrei, since you seem to know what it means… why not enlighten us rather than pontificate?
Sorry TeePeeCreeper. I thought it was him that asked why it was offensive. As in the same person who had the name. I didnt pay enough attention to the name of who responded. So I guess my response above didn't make much sense. My fault.

I was able to find it on Google pretty easily. Its basically profanity in Cantonese. Woman's genitalia and a couple other swear words that go with it. I find it odd the names that people choose on a forum where one would seek info about a career.

Last edited by khedrei on Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transport Wander
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hopefully the lesson is learned. It is not simply any profanity but one of the rudest. Whoever speaks Cantonese and understand the culture will know exactly what I mean. Kudos to Air Sprint’s professionalism for even replying to this person!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

khedrei wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:35 pm
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:52 pm

Sorry TeePeeCreeper. I thought it was him that asked why it was offensive. As in the same person who had the name. I didnt pay enough attention to the name of who responded. So I guess my response above didn't make much sense. My fault.

I was able to find it on Google pretty easily. Its basically profanity in Cantonese. Woman's genitalia and a couple other swear words that go with it. I find it odd the names that people choose on a forum where one would seek info about a career.
What is transport wander on an uncorrected gyroscope?
Transport Wander.

When a gyro is moved in an Easterly or Westerly direction the angle between the spin axis and the local meridian will change. Therefore, the gyro will have appeared to wander. This is known as transport wander.

Cough Syrup
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cough Syrup »

cool thread

Return to “Corporate”