Typical sched

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Typical sched

Post by PRM1 »

Guaranteed 12 days off. Many on reserve are barely flying at all right now.
---------- ADS -----------

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

PRM1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:36 pm Guaranteed 12 days off. Many on reserve are barely flying at all right now.
Thanks for the info!

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

In addition to the years of service salary increases, does Porter also get yearly raises for COLA(cost of living/inflation) of at least 2% like most airlines?

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

I've noticed quite a few of the airplanes doing 6 legs per day (please correct me if that's inaccurate). I was wondering if that's normally done with the same crew - resulting in max duty days. I'm honestly not familiarized with 705 operations and I'm just trying to understand the potential workload compared to my current 703 charter pilot position.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

…there is never really a typical sched as it’s all seniority and preference driven. With 12 guaranteed days off, and a mix of single day, 2/3/4 day pairings if you like being home and can hold those pairings…great. Some like splits (2 flights, late evening returning early next morning, so full day at home, but probably tired), others with a long drive want a 4 day pairing and will rack up the taxfree perdiems. Due to the new more restrictive duty regs we generally see shorter pairings, to give a bit more buffer to avoid cancellations due wx, ATC, AOG delays. choose (and get awarded) high credit pairings and have more than 12 days off. Choose low credit and only do 2 or 3 flights per day, but more days worked per month. Fortunately there’s enough mix of pairings that with a bit of seniority you’ll get more of what you like than not.

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:12 am …there is never really a typical sched as it’s all seniority and preference driven. With 12 guaranteed days off, and a mix of single day, 2/3/4 day pairings if you like being home and can hold those pairings…great. Some like splits (2 flights, late evening returning early next morning, so full day at home, but probably tired), others with a long drive want a 4 day pairing and will rack up the taxfree perdiems. Due to the new more restrictive duty regs we generally see shorter pairings, to give a bit more buffer to avoid cancellations due wx, ATC, AOG delays. choose (and get awarded) high credit pairings and have more than 12 days off. Choose low credit and only do 2 or 3 flights per day, but more days worked per month. Fortunately there’s enough mix of pairings that with a bit of seniority you’ll get more of what you like than not.
Thanks a lot for the explanation/info.

Return to “Porter Airlines”