One List

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

citizenbanana
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: One List

Post by citizenbanana »

Encore and WestJet are separate companies.
---------- ADS -----------

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

JBI wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:15 am
Maxpwr wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am
Intensive purposes? When I have a purpose I like it to be intensive. Sounds serious.
I said it like that for years! When I read that it was actually "for all intents and purposes" I was shocked! :lol:

The other one that came up was a friend would was calling something a "mute" point instead of a moot point.
It's not a "moot" point, it's a "moo" point. It's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't really matter. :lol:

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

citizenbanana wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:40 am Encore and WestJet are separate companies.
One of the terms of employment for a pilot being hired by Encore was a position on the WestJet System seniority list (or whatever it was called.) They were hired with the expectation and promise of flow to mainline, but it was stripped from them and subsequently given back. Anyone who was hired OTS should have known very well what they were getting in to with encore pilots ahead of them.

citizenbanana
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by citizenbanana »

Ok, settle down

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

It's amusing all three parties signed on to the scheme with different expectations and aspirations, none of which have come to fruition!

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

Maxpwr wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:05 am
CaptainHaddock wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:04 pm Ha!, get rid of the one list is shouted out!. Well the fact of the matter is WestJet, Swoop, and Encore ARE all one list now for all intensive purposes. So give it a rest. The most junior Encore FO has 4 years in, and the most junior CA has 6. The majority of Encore is comprised displaced Mainline.All of Swoop is, the most junior Swoop FO has 12 years at WestJet. The most junior WJ FO has 16!.
Intensive purposes? When I have a purpose I like it to be intensive. Sounds serious.
Thanks Maxpwr, Learn something new every day.

Cloak, the one list did get Encore pilots spots at WJ on the way up, and spots at Encore for WJ pilots on the way down.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Last edited by ALPApolicy on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FlyingMonkey »

It’s hard to understand your arguments in the other threads that Encore pilots shouldn’t be on the same seniority list as WJ pilots (even though that LOU was voted on and passed) when over the past two years hundreds of WJ pilots displaced Encore pilots based on seniority.

Return to “WestJet”