YYZ Feb. 2020

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

digitallic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Feb. 2020

Post by digitallic »

I wonder if the recent crash in air travel due to covid-19 along with the recent pull back in the global equities markets has changed nav Canada’s hiring requirements and is related to the delay in results ?

Just speculating !!
---------- ADS -----------

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

digitallic wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm I wonder if the recent crash in air travel due to covid-19 along with the recent pull back in the global equities markets has changed nav Canada’s hiring requirements and is related to the delay in results ?

Just speculating !!
Was thinking the same here.

atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

digitallic wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm I wonder if the recent crash in air travel due to covid-19 along with the recent pull back in the global equities markets has changed nav Canada’s hiring requirements and is related to the delay in results ?

Just speculating !!
Highly unlikely because people being tested right now won't be fully certified until at least Fall 2022 (at least IFR trainees).

Canceling long term hiring for short term problems doesn't make sense.

atc2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by atc2020 »

This was posted on the NavCanada LinkedIn page earlier today:

"Explore a career safely guiding aircraft as an Air Traffic Controller. We are now accepting applications for fall 2020 employment in Toronto, Vancouver, Moncton, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Montreal."

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

Honestly it just takes time. HR probably was and is hoping to get the invitations out as soon as possible, but as with any job there’s always things that hold them up whether it’s attending to other concerns (in house) or something as easy as a glitch.

The tests are all marked electronically, but there may be other aspects that they take into account such as resumes, previous testing etc., Best to just sit back and enjoy the show. HR didn’t lie, it’s just part of being in an intense multi-stage job process.

I have a CBSA application in and applied, had initial testing and then an interview which I successfully passed all before even hearing about the FEAST from Nav Can, but my CBSA app hit a brick wall because of previous log jams with psych testing so now it’s in a holding pattern for just under a year now. It sucks and we all want to hear but be thankful that not only does Nav Can report on all reports (pass/fail) but they also do so in a relatively timely manner. It’s only a few days into March and most said they’d know hopefully by March. It sucks but patience is always the best option in these situations. Also be grateful that you likely didn’t have to pay $2k on last minutes notice to fly to Gander to write the FEAST when you live in London haha

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Just speculating !!
Agreed with atcthrowaway, we wont be training until the fall and wont be otj until next year or two years for IFR, I dont think that has an effect on hiring right now since most FIRs are already understaffed.
M92 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:01 pm Honestly it just takes time. HR probably was and is hoping to get the invitations out as soon as possible, but as with any job there’s always things that hold them up whether it’s attending to other concerns (in house) or something as easy as a glitch.

The tests are all marked electronically, but there may be other aspects that they take into account such as resumes, previous testing etc., Best to just sit back and enjoy the show. HR didn’t lie, it’s just part of being in an intense multi-stage job process.

I have a CBSA application in and applied, had initial testing and then an interview which I successfully passed all before even hearing about the FEAST from Nav Can, but my CBSA app hit a brick wall because of previous log jams with psych testing so now it’s in a holding pattern for just under a year now. It sucks and we all want to hear but be thankful that not only does Nav Can report on all reports (pass/fail) but they also do so in a relatively timely manner. It’s only a few days into March and most said they’d know hopefully by March. It sucks but patience is always the best option in these situations. Also be grateful that you likely didn’t have to pay $2k on last minutes notice to fly to Gander to write the FEAST when you live in London haha
That sucks on having to go to Gander :( Too bad NAV cant give you an answer on where you will end up lol.

ttttwwww
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ttttwwww »

Just got the email saying I achieved the minimum pass mark.

yyzpeachie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzpeachie »

Just got an email saying I passed FEAST, but nothing about bootcamp sign-ups!

ATC2B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC2B »

Received an email as well. Past FEAST but no word on boot camp.

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

yyzpeachie wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am Just got an email saying I passed FEAST, but nothing about bootcamp sign-ups!
Congrats! what time did you receive the email and when did you take the feast?

yyzpeachie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzpeachie »

At 1:15, and Feb. 14!

nambrev
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nambrev »

yyzpeachie wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:22 pm At 1:15, and Feb. 14!
Also Feb 14 and got it at 1:15!

zolstice204
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by zolstice204 »

In YWG we received our emails that we passed FEAST on March 9, and then today we got our Bootcamp invites.

ATC2B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ATC2B »

Just for another data point, I got the email at 1:15pm today as well, tested Feb 12

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Congrats to all that passed and good luck on boot camp!

No email stating I failed but I assume its coming soon. Glad to get an answer.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

So update, I am apparently in the Toronto pool primarily but it is possible to move your primary application. Apparently the next 2-3 weeks is when they’ll get back so it’s possible that the hold up may be other applicants like myself who have tested elsewhere.

I see people for their results but that may be the cause of the delay for the bootcamp invites.

yyzpeachie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzpeachie »

M92 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 pm So update, I am apparently in the Toronto pool primarily but it is possible to move your primary application. Apparently the next 2-3 weeks is when they’ll get back so it’s possible that the hold up may be other applicants like myself who have tested elsewhere.

I see people for their results but that may be the cause of the delay for the bootcamp invites.
So they said we wouldn't hear about bootcamp invitations for another 2-3 weeks?

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

yyzpeachie wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:06 pm
M92 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 pm So update, I am apparently in the Toronto pool primarily but it is possible to move your primary application. Apparently the next 2-3 weeks is when they’ll get back so it’s possible that the hold up may be other applicants like myself who have tested elsewhere.

So they said we wouldn't hear about bootcamp invitations for another 2-3 weeks?
Not sure about we, but for myself that’s what was said. I think it’s likely because there’s probably others like myself who have written at a later date and thus our info is processed later.

They probably want to make sure they have the best candidates for each pool/all the pools before sounding out invites, just a hunch. It’s probably the same for all the FIR’s as I know there were some people from Alberta on my testing day.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

I emailed NAVCAN to confirm if I failed or not and Joanne said that assessment arent out yet so im not sure whats going on lol.

M92 did you get a rejection email for YQX or YYZ?

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:18 am I emailed NAVCAN to confirm if I failed or not and Joanne said that assessment arent out yet so im not sure whats going on lol.

M92 did you get a rejection email for YQX or YYZ?
Hey, i spoke with Joanne earlier this morning, she said assessments have not all gone out yet. They will be all out by the end of today.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”