YYZ Feb. 2020

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YYZ Feb. 2020

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

arcticice wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 am Any news guys?
Nope, nothing yet on my side. :p
---------- ADS -----------

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am
arcticice wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 am Any news guys?
Nope, nothing yet on my side. :p
Me thinks Joanne is a liar :shock:

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

I called and the person told me that anything new will get updated in account and she cannot say anything.

YYZKammMaliok
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYZKammMaliok »

glide slope wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 pm
I’m sure that she is not a liar. She’s the most amazing person in recruitment and also very polite and helpful. I’m sure there must be some technical issue which is why it’s taking a bit longer than expected. Let’s not point fingers guys, she’s been the most helpful and kind person to me and I’m sure to many others as well. I can only imagine how tough it might be to compile results for all FIR’s and send them out accordingly.

We should be patient and hope for the best.

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

Now I am fine with not getting selected. If they reply that I will be happy.

digitallic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by digitallic »

Let me provide a little clarity for those who may not be as in the know as I am.

In the next couple of days you will receive an email which states whether you passed or failed feast. If you failed, your 18 month clock starts ticking from the date you wrote the feast until you can apply again from the beginning.

If you passed, congrats. Your status on workday will change to “interview”. However, you are not necessarily getting a bootcamp invite. You are just eligible for bootcamp. Your feast score needs to be in the top 30-40 scores (depending on navcan’s requirements). However, not just the top 30-40 scores of the people who you wrote the feast with, you are also competing with anyone that has passed the feast in the last 18 months, but has not been invited to bootcamp yet. Anyone who passes the feast goes into a pool of applicants.

There’s three ways to leave the pool:

1. Every six months when a bootcamp occurs, your feast score happens to be in the top 30-40 and you are invited to bootcamp.
2. You do not receive a bootcamp invite after 18 months after you passed the feast. Unfortunately you get dropped from the application process, but you can apply again right away from the beginning
3. You withdraw your application on workday.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm
I’m sure that she is not a liar. She’s the most amazing person in recruitment and also very polite and helpful. I’m sure there must be some technical issue which is why it’s taking a bit longer than expected. Let’s not point fingers guys, she’s been the most helpful and kind person to me and I’m sure to many others as well. I can only imagine how tough it might be to compile results for all FIR’s and send them out accordingly.

She just got our hopes up :cry:

I think we will get it by weeks end. Or I hope lol

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

levinqute wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:19 pm
YYZKammMaliok wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:32 pm

She just got our hopes up :cry:

I think we will get it by weeks end. Or I hope lol
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last feast results for YYZ available much quicker? within 2 weeks?

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

glide slope wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last feast results for YYZ available much quicker? within 2 weeks?
Yea according to the last yyz assessment post.

They had theirs Sept 23- Oct 2 and people heard back as quick as Oct 9 :| :| we are closing in on a month of waiting.

Edit: may have misread looks like people got a passed FEAST email a week or so later but the actual boot camp invite wasnt until late Oct so about the same as us!

Last edited by levinqute on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
atcthrowawayyy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcthrowawayyy »

For some context,

last year, we had FEAST in late Feb/early March and we got informed of our results on April 3rd.

Good luck.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

atcthrowawayyy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:33 am For some context,

last year, we had FEAST in late Feb/early March and we got informed of our results on April 3rd.

Good luck.
So like 3-4 weeks of waiting depending on when you wrote the test, about the same as us. I think this Friday will be 3 weeks.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Maybe we all failed we just dont know yet lol

Seems like people who pass get the email first.

arcticice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arcticice »

digitallic wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm Let me provide a little clarity for those who may not be as in the know as I am.

In the next couple of days you will receive an email which states whether you passed or failed feast. If you failed, your 18 month clock starts ticking from the date you wrote the feast until you can apply again from the beginning.

If you passed, congrats. Your status on workday will change to “interview”. However, you are not necessarily getting a bootcamp invite. You are just eligible for bootcamp. Your feast score needs to be in the top 30-40 scores (depending on navcan’s requirements). However, not just the top 30-40 scores of the people who you wrote the feast with, you are also competing with anyone that has passed the feast in the last 18 months, but has not been invited to bootcamp yet. Anyone who passes the feast goes into a pool of applicants.

There’s three ways to leave the pool:

1. Every six months when a bootcamp occurs, your feast score happens to be in the top 30-40 and you are invited to bootcamp.
2. You do not receive a bootcamp invite after 18 months after you passed the feast. Unfortunately you get dropped from the application process, but you can apply again right away from the beginning
3. You withdraw your application on workday.
This is very helpful. Thanks for the details, as I had no idea. This is fine but at least if they send the results at the same time (irrespective of pass or fail) then it helps everyone. Those who dont make it will make time for themselves to recover the shock and move on.

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

Joanne GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR! :lol:

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

Here hoping they compile the results by weeks end

glide slope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by glide slope »

levinqute wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 am Here hoping they compile the results by weeks end
Very frustrating, don't know why it's taking so much longer this time around.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

glide slope wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:10 am
levinqute wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 am Here hoping they compile the results by weeks end
Very frustrating, don't know why it's taking so much longer this time around.
I always assumed the FEAST program compiled it electronically/automatically for you but maybe they have to do it manually?

I wonder if they take a look at your resume this time and see who the better candidates would be. I doubt they do before you write FEAST.

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

Y’all need to try government application processes if you think this is long. Patience friends, things always happen that delay stuff and sometimes timelines are given just to appease people. March has only just begun.

levinqute
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by levinqute »

M92 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 am Y’all need to try government application processes if you think this is long. Patience friends, things always happen that delay stuff and sometimes timelines are given just to appease people. March has only just begun.
Thats true. Almost all of them are 1 year+ from your first interview

-Btw you ever find out if you are going back to YQX if you pass or has NAVCAN not given you a definitive answer?

M92
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by M92 »

levinqute wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:07 am
M92 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 am Y’all need to try government application processes if you think this is long. Patience friends, things always happen that delay stuff and sometimes timelines are given just to appease people. March has only just begun.
Thats true. Almost all of them are 1 year+ from your first interview

-Btw you ever find out if you are going back to YQX if you pass or has NAVCAN not given you a definitive answer?
Yeah, I have a few that are in the 1 year since the interview stage. I just treat it as though it’s a nice bonus if I hear something but gotta make money regardless.

Radio silence, so I’m just going to wait until they process the next point and maybe just ask in person if I go and if I don’t make it well then it doesn’t matter haha

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”