Jazz pilot interview tips?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PJP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz pilot interview tips?

Post by PJP »

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, just would like to seek for some help/tips about my upcoming Jazz pilot interview. :prayer:
I understand it is going to be behavioral type interview as it states in the email as well. However, I would like to know if anyone could share any of the real questions? The other question is about the reference part, my current job is an AME apprentice with Air Canada, I have no problem providing the references who I report directly but they are not my employers (As an apprentice, you basically are assigned and report work by licensed AMEs). I mean I do have two base managers but I don't really talk to them as AC is such a big company we don't often communicate with management that much. Therefore, I doubt I can just go to them for this without making the air awkward, plus I don't wanna tell my employer I'm thinking otherwise. Please tell me whether this issue will become problematic?

One last kinda off topic question, what do y'all think this coronavirus will impact aviation because I'm really worried about my current maintenance job as well as pilot (so far they have postpone or cancel this interview yet, it's only 7 days away).

Thanks very much!
---------- ADS -----------

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Jazz pilot interview tips?

Post by derateNO »

Bro you ain't gonna be interviewing for a while at Jazz.

Have you not been following the mass layoffs at Sunwing, Porter, WestJet, PasCo, and soon to be Air Transat?

Jazz isn't much farther behind.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

derateNO wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 am
Or AC

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

As per communication on COVID-19 from our Jazz MEC Chairman.. Which was well written and geared to those especially who have never had to go through an economic downturn or hardship for that matter....

" We have 562 members in our current pilot group who were employed at this company during the career defining events of September 11th and the Air Canada bankruptcy."

" It hasn't always been a rocket-ship of growth and movement - cyclical downturns are not uncommon."

" There has been news of industry-wide capacity reductions and layoffs (up to and including total airline shutdowns). Given that industry news, we must recognize that we are not immune and fully expect to receive notice of layoffs. When we receive that notice, we will work with the Company in the notice period to discuss mitigation strategies."

PJP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PJP »

derateNO wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 am Bro you ain't gonna be interviewing for a while at Jazz.

Have you not been following the mass layoffs at Sunwing, Porter, WestJet, PasCo, and soon to be Air Transat?

I understand bro. It's not the interview for a job right away.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Looking at the Jazz seniority list the regionals (separate then) did not hire any pilots from 2001-2005. That was when we had the triple wallop: 9/11, SARS, and AC bankruptcy but I think this is going to be just as bad.

Let’s Go Brandon
canadianpilot101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by canadianpilot101 »

PJP wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm
derateNO wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 am Bro you ain't gonna be interviewing for a while at Jazz.

I understand bro. It's not the interview for a job right away.
Bro your job probably won’t exist anymore.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=124779
In this thread, some pilots who had interviews scheduled the next day were cancelled, others who had a ground school start date were advised it was delayed indefinitely, I would say the odds of your interview going as scheduled are very slim.
So, I wouldn’t worry about telling your managers anything at this point, I think it’s going to be a while before there will be any hiring. We are expecting layoffs, that could last several months.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
B727JA01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by B727JA01 »

PJP wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:01 pm Hi guys, I am new to this forum, just would like to seek for some help/tips about my upcoming Jazz pilot interview. :prayer:
I understand it is going to be behavioral type interview as it states in the email as well. However, I would like to know if anyone could share any of the real questions? The other question is about the reference part, my current job is an AME apprentice with Air Canada, I have no problem providing the references who I report directly but they are not my employers (As an apprentice, you basically are assigned and report work by licensed AMEs). I mean I do have two base managers but I don't really talk to them as AC is such a big company we don't often communicate with management that much. Therefore, I doubt I can just go to them for this without making the air awkward, plus I don't wanna tell my employer I'm thinking otherwise. Please tell me whether this issue will become problematic?

One last kinda off topic question, what do y'all think this coronavirus will impact aviation because I'm really worried about my current maintenance job as well as pilot (so far they have postpone or cancel this interview yet, it's only 7 days away).

Thanks very much!
Is it for Jazz Approach?

I will try to PM you after this message is approved!

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

Just wondering if Jazz does the German wings Qs as part of the interview or is it still just video interview, panel interview, sim eval then medical.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

BingBong wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:32 am Just wondering if Jazz does the German wings Qs as part of the interview or is it still just video interview, panel interview, sim eval then medical.
Video interview for the most part, some in person, sim eval, medical

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”