Employee ZED Travel

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vnavlnav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Employee ZED Travel

Post by vnavlnav »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by vnavlnav on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scraps
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Employee ZED Travel

Post by scraps »

vnavlnav wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:06 pm So I know AC's got a long list of agreements with other airlines for ZED travel. But what's WJ's list like? I've heard that they don't have as many agreements with other major airlines like AC does.
I just took a quick look at the ZED travel airline list, counted 101 different carriers. I don’t know how that compares to AC, but the list contains a lot of global majors and some random small carriers as well. Pretty comprehensive list, and it has been useful. Can’t really go anywhere right now though..

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

vnavlnav wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:06 pm So I know AC's got a long list of agreements with other airlines for ZED travel. But what's WJ's list like? I've heard that they don't have as many agreements with other major airlines like AC does.
Do you work for WJ ?
Or need to know this before your interview next week ?

Furloughed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Furloughed »

I'll try and post a legitimate reply to your question instead of just a smart ass moment.

The MyIdTravel site is run by Lufthansa, so it lists all the carriers that are registered with them. Just because it is in the drop down list it doesn't mean we have an agreement with the Carrier. Pick a random European one or even Delta, and try and list yourself, it won't let you and will tell you it is not a valid listing. As far as who we actually have an agreement with other than AC, I can't tell you. Haven't looked into it that much to be honest. But the times I did try to list with a US or European Carrier, it didn't let me. Not much help, sorry.

vnavlnav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vnavlnav »

Last edited by vnavlnav on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

Is WJ hiring ?
VNAVLNAVLPV, maybe you can find someone to email you the westjet login ID and password and jumpseat agreements.

Furloughed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Furloughed »

I think VnavLnav is screwing with us lol. Although we all know the airlines have been basically hiring next to no experience up until the Wuhan Virus decimated us, there is no way someone at AC thinks that WJ is currently hiring, or any airline for that matter. Old Lnav there just got the axe along with 20,000 fellow AC employees today, so I wouldn’t think Zed fares would be the deciding factor on whether to “make the jump” lmfao, Good one Lnav, you got me with your first post when I thought you were legit.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

As someone who does a lot of International travelling - I should warn you that all the flights I've been on since March have been completely full.

If you want to go somewhere - buy a ticket. Jmho.

Quite a few airports have not been able to ramp up to meet the passenger volumes. Shortage of staff in critical areas such as Security, Baggage handling and check-in. 5 hour queue for security/immigration at some places.

Due to the security screening requirements for new applicants in addition to the training times - I would not expect this to be solved this Summer.

Not forgetting a lot of Airlines have mismanaged their Pilot numbers and are facing crew shortages.

Travel is a living Hell at the moment - I'm only doing it as part of my job.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business

Return to “WestJet”