Applying theough the “My workday jobs” website

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Yvrb21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Applying theough the “My workday jobs” website

Post by Yvrb21 »

Hi, i have applied a while ago through the newer “my workday jobs” website and I am wondering if anyone knows how it works? I can see my current application but it doesn’t show me when i applied or when my application expires. It only says 30+days ago. In hindsight i should have noted when i applied. Is there anyway of knowing this information or am I just going to have to sit and wait?

Also, I remember being able to select multiple regions to apply for when doing my application, which was not the case the previous times i applied, have others also had this option?
---------- ADS -----------

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Applying theough the “My workday jobs” website

Post by moosetracks »

Your best bet is to check you email history as you should have record of your invite to take the Wonderlic test.

Hiring and training for NAV has pretty much ground to a halt with COVID-19 things so it is highly probably that the already "slow" process will be slowed or delayed even further (think years...) and you will hear nothing for the foreseeable future. The hiring process normally runs on a 6 month cycle so at best things will just be pushed back one cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if it was much longer than that. No telling if their standard 18 month candidate pool stipulation will be altered at all given the circumstances; whatever "rules" NAV uses in the whole hiring process may be out the window, much like many other industries and companies.

Yvrb21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yvrb21 »

moosetracks wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 am Your best bet is to check you email history as you should have record of your invite to take the Wonderlic test.

Hiring and training for NAV has pretty much ground to a halt with COVID-19 things so it is highly probably that the already "slow" process will be slowed or delayed even further (think years...) and you will hear nothing for the foreseeable future. The hiring process normally runs on a 6 month cycle so at best things will just be pushed back one cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if it was much longer than that. No telling if their standard 18 month candidate pool stipulation will be altered at all given the circumstances; whatever "rules" NAV uses in the whole hiring process may be out the window, much like many other industries and companies.
Appreciate the reply, i have been through the process before, having made it to the 2day assessment last year. This was just my forst time using the new website so i was a bit confused with how it works as there are no “green light” indicators as there was on the old take charge site.

Ill just have to wait and see how it plays out.

moosetracks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by moosetracks »

From what I have learned you will ALWAYS get notification that you failed a step (typically reasonably fast <1 month), and if you pass their minimum mark then you are eligible to move on to the next step for 18 months. These are basically a pool of people from current and past assessments so they will take the top ranked people each time to move to the next step.

I did a fairly thorough write up on the "new" process a while back as I was going through it, can't remember the thread but if you search my history you should find it.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd ask here. There was another job post on NavCan's webpage that I thought would be interesting and I submitted an application to. As soon as I completed that one, the status of my Air Traffic Services application went blank. Does this mean my ATS application was withdrawn automatically? Do I still have to wait the 18 months from the last in-person event I attended? Has anyone experienced this before?

I'd feel pretty defeated if I just made that mistake and now have to wait and start from scratch again. I just needed the interview....

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

Unless you chose to remove your application from the drop down menu beside it in your Workday profile I doubt you have somehow been 'automatically' withdrawn just because you applied for a second position. However, if you are truly concerned you should reach out to HR and ask them. My experience has been they are happy to respond to questions and do so in a timely manner.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”