Any updates on training?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

737max
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Any updates on training?

Post by 737max »

sk1996 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:42 pm
vultajolma wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 pm
sk1996 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:14 am Oh I completely misunderstood. Didn't realize there was a "passing grade" for the interview. This was in YYZ right? Mind if I ask when your interview was? Mine was about 2 weeks ago they said we shoud hear back around the end of the month.
There is passing grade for the entire hiring process, even after the bootcamp like Anomander stated we end up in a pool and the top scores get an offer and the rest remain in the pool unti our application expires. Then of course training has a passing mark as well.

I did my interviews in mid March, seems like bootcamp invites will come in May as expected.
Do you recall if they said that they would let you know if you didn't pass the interview portion as well. Or will you only be contacted if you pass
They will let you know whether you pass or fail. But I believe even a pass doesn’t actually guarantee you will move on to the next step
---------- ADS -----------

sk1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sk1996 »

737max wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:38 am
vultajolma wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 pm

There is passing grade for the entire hiring process, even after the bootcamp like Anomander stated we end up in a pool and the top scores get an offer and the rest remain in the pool unti our application expires. Then of course training has a passing mark as well.

I did my interviews in mid March, seems like bootcamp invites will come in May as expected.
Do you recall if they said that they would let you know if you didn't pass the interview portion as well. Or will you only be contacted if you pass
They will let you know whether you pass or fail. But I believe even a pass doesn’t actually guarantee you will move on to the next step
Okay thanks, that's understandable.

If you do pass and do move on are you told immediately or are you simply told that you passed and then have to wait for the invitation.

Apologies for all the questions.

yegtc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegtc »

sk1996 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
737max wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:38 am

Okay thanks, that's understandable.

If you do pass and do move on are you told immediately or are you simply told that you passed and then have to wait for the invitation.

Apologies for all the questions.
For myself I received the “Minimum marks / potential future invitation” e-mail, then a while later (week or two or however long) a separate invitation to schedule the next part through WorkDay.

Currently sitting on ‘Eligible for Offer’ on Workday so here’s hoping for Fall

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

000 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 pm Do you think that the scores are cumulative or just looked at each individual step? For example, say you did fantastic on the online test, good enough on FEAST, and were mid-pack on the interview. Do you think they would rank you for the boot camp invite based on all scores combined or just the interview score at that point?
Its hard to say, they probably do look at the whole picture when deciding to make the final offer, but I believe its step by step on passing the FEAST/Interview/Bootcamp
yegtc wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:41 am For myself I received the “Minimum marks / potential future invitation” e-mail, then a while later (week or two or however long) a separate invitation to schedule the next part through WorkDay.

Currently sitting on ‘Eligible for Offer’ on Workday so here’s hoping for Fall
Can I ask if this is for the YYZ region? Did you already go to the bootcamp?

Anomander
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Anomander »

Looks like I didn't make it to the interview stage. Just got my rejection email for FEAST. Had a feeling when I left the facility that day :lol: but this seals the deal officially.

I guess I'll see everyone around again in a couple years if we don't have another pandemic. Probably would be my last attempt as I'll be too far into my current career to really reconsider at that point despite really wanting to be in this industry.

Edit: YYZ, Mid April Feast for those wondering.

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

Received an email that I "have achieved the minimum pass mark and may be considered for further testing for ATC or FSS" and my Workday status has changed to "Interview". However, no interview invitation yet - do these come later or has the ship sailed in this round?

Kstander30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kstander30 »

000 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:45 pm Received an email that I "have achieved the minimum pass mark and may be considered for further testing for ATC or FSS" and my Workday status has changed to "Interview". However, no interview invitation yet - do these come later or has the ship sailed in this round?
I am in the same boat as you - I got my pass email on April 5th (wrote FEAST on March 8th) and I’m wondering the same if I missed the boat with not a high enough mark this time around or if the interview invites just haven’t gone out yet.

yegtc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegtc »

vultajolma wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:46 am Can I ask if this is for the YYZ region? Did you already go to the bootcamp?
I had my interview before return to in-person bootcamps, so ended up having a panel interview replacement
000 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:45 pm Received an email that I "have achieved the minimum pass mark and may be considered for further testing for ATC or FSS" and my Workday status has changed to "Interview". However, no interview invitation yet - do these come later or has the ship sailed in this round?
From my experience the invitation for interview (or whatever next step) was usually a few weeks after the pass e-mail. It was pretty consistent for all steps, but no idea if it's the same for all applicants. I think they hold ongoing bootcamps / interviews throughout the year and then lump applicants into the pool. No way to know for sure there though.

No idea on what the latest you could receive offers each round would be - I was told about 4 months ahead of the start date is what they aim for in order to give applicants time to prepare everything that's needed.

vultajolma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vultajolma »

yegtc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:01 pm
vultajolma wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:46 am Can I ask if this is for the YYZ region? Did you already go to the bootcamp?
I had my interview before return to in-person bootcamps, so ended up having a panel interview replacement
Oh I see, so you didnt even have to do it, interesting.

Agreed with YEGTC on the interviews also, even before COVID people were waiting a few weeks between the pass email and invite for the interviews/bootcamp. I doubt it has sped up now.

That being said, YYZ did recently hold a bunch of interviews in March/April, so unless they extend it, you may have to wait a while. Before COVID they did them in Spring than Fall. Those of us who did their interviews in March who got the pass email havent been invited to the next step either.

yegtc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegtc »

Anyone currently Eligible for Offer and waiting to hear back? I'm curious about when offers for the fall courses might be sent out.

braincandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by braincandy »

Did FEAST in late March 2022. Got the pass email AND the interview invite on the same day in late April 2022. Did the interview and now just waiting to find out if I'll get a bootcamp invite. Does anyone know if the bootcamp will be with multiple candidates or if they do one at a time?

sk1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sk1996 »

Anyone who did their interviews in early April for Toronto region hear back yet?

Did my interview in the second week of April and was told I’d hear back by the end of the month but haven’t seen any emails.

Buddy is in the same situation as me.

I know it’s not even a week into May yet so don’t want to bother anyone.

Pilotman123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pilotman123 »

Good day all

Just got my invite for the YUL Bootcamp. It will be on the last week of May.

Any tips or what to expect for the bootcamp? thanks ! 8)

digitallic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by digitallic »

sk1996 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:22 pm Anyone who did their interviews in early April for Toronto region hear back yet?

Did my interview in the second week of April and was told I’d hear back by the end of the month but haven’t seen any emails.

Same situation. Did Yyz interview mid April. I was told that results could take about a month maybe even longer and we are approaching a month so I imagine results will come 1-2 weeks tops. Good luck!!

Kstander30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kstander30 »

braincandy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:48 pm Did FEAST in late March 2022. Got the pass email AND the interview invite on the same day in late April 2022. Did the interview and now just waiting to find out if I'll get a bootcamp invite. Does anyone know if the bootcamp will be with multiple candidates or if they do one at a time?
What region are you in?

braincandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by braincandy »

Kstander30 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:50 pm
braincandy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:48 pm Did FEAST in late March 2022. Got the pass email AND the interview invite on the same day in late April 2022. Did the interview and now just waiting to find out if I'll get a bootcamp invite. Does anyone know if the bootcamp will be with multiple candidates or if they do one at a time?
What region are you in?
YEG

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

Looks like YYZ is taking their sweet time with sending interview invitations unless anyone who wrote the FEAST in April 2022 and passed got one? To answer your question, I believe bootcamp includes group activities.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

000 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:58 am
Looks like YYZ is taking their sweet time with sending interview invitations unless anyone who wrote the FEAST in April 2022 and passed got one? To answer your question, I believe bootcamp includes group activities.
The member you quoted is in a different region than YYZ. YYZ just held interviews in April too so unless they need interview spots to backfill possible courses, I doubt they'll be holding anymore for a few months. Patience.

Aguaymanto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aguaymanto »

000 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:58 am
I did the FEAST in Feb 2020 and just did my interview recently! Patience! :D

sk1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sk1996 »

digitallic wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:21 am
sk1996 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:22 pm Anyone who did their interviews in early April for Toronto region hear back yet?

Same situation. Did Yyz interview mid April. I was told that results could take about a month maybe even longer and we are approaching a month so I imagine results will come 1-2 weeks tops. Good luck!!
I was told end of the month strangely

edit: got the email today

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”