New Hires

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Timetoflyagain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New Hires

Post by Timetoflyagain »

We’ve hired some pilots with minimal <100 multi time and yes, they were coming from decent PC12’s etc with IFR experience.
---------- ADS -----------

RobertChow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RobertChow »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:07 pm We’ve hired some pilots with minimal <100 multi time and yes, they were coming from decent PC12’s etc with IFR experience.
Actually on the last Q400 GS most people were instructors and don’t have multi experience outside their Group 1.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

RobertChow wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:40 pm
Timetoflyagain wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:07 pm We’ve hired some pilots with minimal <100 multi time and yes, they were coming from decent PC12’s etc with IFR experience.
Actually on the last Q400 GS most people were instructors and don’t have multi experience outside their Group 1.

Well that’s positive news , has Porter hired pilots in their 50s that you are aware of? Thank you for the update much appreciated

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
Timetoflyagain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Timetoflyagain »

Yes, but only as a DEC on the E2 with an existing E1 common type rating.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:21 pm Yes, but only as a DEC on the E2 with an existing E1 common type rating.
Oh ok , I guess I’ll throw my resume in the trash. Thanks for the update

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

What's the biweekly pay like on the E2 as a FO

Timetoflyagain
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Timetoflyagain »

ellinas wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:42 pm
Timetoflyagain wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:21 pm Yes, but only as a DEC on the E2 with an existing E1 common type rating.
…we’ll, don’t just yet…send it in anyway and see. The only ones I know of had that…doesn’t mean the rest aren’t going to happen. Only guarantee is “no” if you don’t try!

vanislepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vanislepilot »

What, no. Don't listen to this guy. There was a fellow in my GS who was in his 50s and I've seen several guys after me in their 50s. If you want to work at Porter, please apply. There is no ageism, and no you don't need a type rating on anything.

Reverse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Reverse »

Hi there, I got an interview with Porter about 3 weeks ago and yet no reply even if they mentioned that they will get back to me within two weeks! Anybody on the same boat?

Thanks 😊🙏

flyinmanzan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyinmanzan »

There is currently 1 individual running hiring for the entire company. That includes FO positions for the Embraer and Q. That also includes direct entry captain positions for both aircraft previously mentioned. As you've probably heard before, no news is good news. Given it's being run by one person, it might take longer than expected. Good luck!

Reverse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Reverse »

flyinmanzan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:17 pm There is currently 1 individual running hiring for the entire company. That includes FO positions for the Embraer and Q. That also includes direct entry captain positions for both aircraft previously mentioned. As you've probably heard before, no news is good news. Given it's being run by one person, it might take longer than expected. Good luck!
Will see how it goes, Thanks !

indigo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by indigo »

Reverse wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 am Hi there, I got an interview with Porter about 3 weeks ago and yet no reply even if they mentioned that they will get back to me within two weeks! Anybody on the same boat?

Thanks 😊🙏
I did an interview (E2) with them almost nine weeks ago. During the interview, they told me they would get back to me within two weeks. They never did. So I assumed that I was not successful :? Never received a PFO email though.

Thanks

Reverse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Reverse »

indigo wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 pm
Reverse wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 am Hi there, I got an interview with Porter about 3 weeks ago and yet no reply even if they mentioned that they will get back to me within two weeks! Anybody on the same boat?

Thanks 😊🙏
I did an interview (E2) with them almost nine weeks ago. During the interview, they told me they would get back to me within two weeks. They never did. So I assumed that I was not successful :? Never received a PFO email though.

Thanks
Very helpful thanks!
At least I won't have it on my list of hopes :)
Good luck to all!

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I eventually did receive my pfo, but they are slow. I would say it’s still very much no news is good news. They told me 2-3 weeks and i think it was 4-5

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

yowflyer23 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:52 am Would Porter hire you with only single engine turboprop time (i.e. PC-12, C208 SPIFR, etc) or is it necessary to get some MIFR time?
Many instructors have joined Porter over the years with only single-engine piston time as long as the total hours requirement was met.

MrA

Antigravity2233
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Antigravity2233 »

Hello, can anyone share the average experience level of DEC joining on E2?
Also, the timeline to get the interview call for E2 ?

Many thanks.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Most DEC had 5000+, with previous jet PIC. Expats, corporate guys and gals, or with E1 type.

Not sure about call back time. They are pumping a class a month.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

A medically fit pilot is a pilot, no matter the age. The only difference will be years of service you have left in you until retirement which also restricts how far you can get in the industry. You'll most likely never get to left (or right) seat on a wide-body, maybe even narrow-body depending on movement in each company but you can still enjoy a rewarding career, or whatever's left of it, from the left seat in a Dash-8. So polish that resume and send it in. As long as you meet the minimum criteria and ace the interview, you still have a good chance in the 705 regional world.

MrA

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

MrAviator19 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:35 pm
A medically fit pilot is a pilot, no matter the age. The only difference will be years of service you have left in you until retirement which also restricts how far you can get in the industry. You'll most likely never get to left (or right) seat on a wide-body, maybe even narrow-body depending on movement in each company but you can still enjoy a rewarding career, or whatever's left of it, from the left seat in a Dash-8. So polish that resume and send it in. As long as you meet the minimum criteria and ace the interview, you still have a good chance in the 705 regional world.

MrA
Just a footnote here: if porter start flying all of its anticipated routes as shown on the future route map…… it probably shouldn’t be called “a regional”. It’s a jet that can fly 2600 NM.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:54 pm
MrAviator19 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:35 pm

MrA
Just a footnote here: if porter start flying all of its anticipated routes as shown on the future route map…… it probably shouldn’t be called “a regional”. It’s a jet that can fly 2600 NM.
I was going to say, does Porter still qualify as a regional if it eventually expands to all of Canada, U.S, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean?

Return to “Porter Airlines”