Transat revenues drop by 99%, with 2,000 layoffs expected

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Transat revenues drop by 99%, with 2,000 layoffs expected

Post by tsgas »

YYZSaabGuy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 am
tsgas wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 am
Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 am This thread went off topic long ago and has been going strong on the current one for pages. You're a coward lacking the balls (or the brains) to think this thing through and answer a couple of extremely relevant questions. I also only call racists "racists", not everyone on this thread.

Racists can't hide from the truth and why would they want to? Are they ashamed? Stand up and proudly own the racism.
I only call communists , communists , so stand up for your own Marxism. Stop trying to hide in the closet , your secret is out.
What, you're back again, with more of your incoherent drivel? I thought we fixed your wagon yesterday, and left you quaking in your parents' basement because, y'know, critical thinking is difficult and can be a bit frightening.
Hey trailer trash , did you run out of beer ? I know that you think that you are special because you claim to be a Pile It. Well you sure are a pile of it.
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Dh8Classic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:06 am
Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:02 am
Dh8Classic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 am

I looked up his past. F-18. Can you believe we paid for this traitor to supposedly defend us.
Well, you're hardly alone, millions of people including every elected republican politician are as spineless and stupid as you are. So since you didn't ask and refuse to answer here's my take.

Question 1: Your refusal to consider the endorsement of extrajudicial killings means you either agree, disagree and are too much of a coward to say so, or not able to develop an opinion on such an important issue. All speak to your character.

Question 2: This is going to end in bloodshed. A lot of it. And the United States dies as a viable country.
Start a new thread if you want an answer disgusting little man.
I don’t need to, I know exactly what you think and I was only offering you an opportunity to prove me wrong.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Getting back on subject, any guesses for Air Transat's revenue for the final quarter of the year as compared to last year.

DouglasPenner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DouglasPenner »

With the free postcard we are all receiving why not write to Justin Trudeau.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/c ... -1.5926728

At
Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2

With the writing on the back #SaveCanadianAviation

Tell your friends

Doug

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

First analyst call since the beginning of the acquisition era for TRZ where significant time was spent discussing the ‘no AC deal’ scenario.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

What assets do they have for loan collateral? Do you think it's possible they become a crown corporation?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

FL030 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:03 pm What assets do they have for loan collateral? Do you think it's possible they become a crown corporation?
Were quite specific about capital requirements. Looking for “minimum $500MM” in loan facility. First choice is sector based loan facility recognizing that refunds will be mandatory. Backup plan is LEEFF loan (no refunds) with a replacement loan facility before the dramatic interest rate progression.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

So only government loans. What's in it for the taxpayer?

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

FL030 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm So only government loans. What's in it for the taxpayer?
Another BBD.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

tsgas wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:55 pm
FL030 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm So only government loans. What's in it for the taxpayer?
Another BBD.
If the terms of the sector loans are reasonable, AC will be subscribing to the tune of billions.

Everything is relative.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

rudder wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:59 pm
tsgas wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:55 pm
Another BBD.
If the terms of the sector loans are reasonable, AC will be subscribing to the tune of billions.

Everything is relative.
The million dollar question will be what conditions the government will attach to the loans and whether AC will find them palatable.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

I suspect the big hangup is the compensation package for head honchos, specifically their bonuses.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

There is no sector specific package coming - so that only leaves the LEEF program, and I hope they have started on it already because it's not an overnight thing. It takes months to get approved.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

boeingboy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 am There is no sector specific package coming - so that only leaves the LEEF program, and I hope they have started on it already because it's not an overnight thing. It takes months to get approved.
WINNIPEG, March 5 (MarketsFarm) – The following is a glance at the news moving markets in Canada and globally.

– Unifor president Jerry **** told CBC News on Thursday that the federal government and Canada’s airlines are in the final stages of negotiations in the hopes of a bailout package totalling at least C$7 billion. He added that the loan could be worth C$7 billion to be repaid at one per cent interest over 10 years, but it is possible the amount of the bailout could rise to C$9 billion. An unnamed Transport Canada official said Canada’s airline sector had already received C$1.7 billion through the federal wage subsidy program and the relief package may be contingent on a promise by the airlines to refund passengers’ tickets, restore regional routes and to maintain jobs.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

It would be challenging for the airlines to payback the loans if they are restricted from making business decisions based on making a profit, unless they are forgivable loans.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

airway wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm
boeingboy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 am There is no sector specific package coming - so that only leaves the LEEF program, and I hope they have started on it already because it's not an overnight thing. It takes months to get approved.
WINNIPEG, March 5 (MarketsFarm) – The following is a glance at the news moving markets in Canada and globally.

– Unifor president Jerry **** told CBC News on Thursday that the federal government and Canada’s airlines are in the final stages of negotiations in the hopes of a bailout package totalling at least C$7 billion. He added that the loan could be worth C$7 billion to be repaid at one per cent interest over 10 years, but it is possible the amount of the bailout could rise to C$9 billion. An unnamed Transport Canada official said Canada’s airline sector had already received C$1.7 billion through the federal wage subsidy program and the relief package may be contingent on a promise by the airlines to refund passengers’ tickets, restore regional routes and to maintain jobs.
So you post something from weeks ago and said by a Union president????

First of all the union doesn't have a clue what's going on and second - if you believe the government is going to come through...I have an iceberg you can sell to Eskimos.

The whole thing is a sham. There is no way the government needed to take this long. The basic terms have already been agreed to. Late last week - that whole deal fell apart when Air Canada (supposedly) walked away from the table because the government keeps changing the rules. It's just a lot of hot air.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

boeingboy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 am
airway wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:52 pm

So you post something from weeks ago and said by a Union president????
Since when did 7 days become “weeks ago” ? Also, is there some law that says I’m not allowed to post what a union president says?

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

TS pilots getting their vacation and sick days paid? What's the consensus on this deal from a TS point of view?

tom
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tom »

I guess no deal then.

Return to “Air Transat”