Recommended examiners in southern ontario?

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Fltlnz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Recommended examiners in southern ontario?

Post by Fltlnz »

Hi everyone I'm sure this has been beaten to death but I can't find anything for my area via google, though I am kinda bad at finding things. I was hoping to see if anyone had any advice for who the best cat 1 medical examiners are in southern Ontario. I am located in Waterloo but would be willing to travel if necessary. I have an appointment booked with one of the two in Kitchener, in three weeks, but in hindsight, I should make sure I get a good one. The reason I ask is because one time about seven years ago, I was given an ssri prescription by a walk-in doctor while going through some life stuff. I decided it was ridiculous, and I didn't need it and never took it, and just talked it out with a good friend, and that was the end. I had completely forgotten about this as a non-event in my life until I was prepping for my medical ( getting glasses scrip up to date etc.). Everything on the internet seems to indicate this can be quite a huge barrier. I preemptively booked an appointment with my family doc to have her write me up a dsm form in advance if possible to try and nip it In the bud before I go. While I was doing this she said it doesn't even show up in her records, but tc will presumably have more access than she does, and I don't really feel comfortable lying as then it'll be over my head at every medical forever, and I'm under the impression it's a big deal to not tell the AME. I'm just hoping to find one that hopefully won't run me through the ringer on this because he doesn't give a shit, and will at least take me seriously when I explain it.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Recommended examiners in southern ontario?

Post by photofly »

Well, Trevor Gilmore is also a pilot, and he advertises himself as a consultant to get get pilots their medicals back; he might be a good place to start.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Fltlnz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Recommended examiners in southern ontario?

Post by Fltlnz »

Thanks a lot ill call the office today, I appreciate the advice.

Return to “Health & Fitness”