Bankruptcy.

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Captain Kirkk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Bankruptcy.

Post by Captain Kirkk »

Figured I might as well start this thread since this will be imminent.

KD
---------- ADS -----------

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Bankruptcy.

Post by timeflies »

can you elaborate? your sources?

Transat has a deal on the table from PKP that will likely save them.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:07 pm can you elaborate? your sources?

Wasn’t the deal from PKP for 5$ a share within 24 hours of cancellation of the Air Canada deal. Given the fact it’s been several days and a deal with PKP has not been announced, perhaps that offer has been revoked.

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:29 pm
timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:07 pm can you elaborate? your sources?

Wasn’t the deal from PKP for 5$ a share within 24 hours of cancellation of the Air Canada deal. Given the fact it’s been several days and a deal with PKP has not been announced, perhaps that offer has been revoked.
Nope. PKP's offer is definitely still on the table. and AT are considering it. most of the news about it are in french but here is an article in english:

https://thestarphoenix.com/pmn/business ... -available

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

CCAA or bankruptcy ? They are different

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Curiousflyer »

Reuters article out today saying they'd need financing by the end of April or renegotiate their debt. The deal with PKP did not come with enough financing to deal with TRZ debt obligations and hinges on provincial or federal dollars to service debt payments. Even if the $5 share price goes through then shareholders get bought out and yet the corporation still is unable to service debt payments June 30th. It's up to the government now.

dissent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dissent »

Last edited by dissent on Mon May 31, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Dronepiper wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:59 pm Captain Kirk (aka Keith Demello) you can go $#%& yourself!!!!! .
Some asshole is posting pretending to be Keith, that user name has 2 K’s. Keith didn’t start this thread.
Transat will likely go bankrupt and restructure but they will still be around and eventually all their pilots will have their jobs back. AC went through it and came out stronger and more nimble than ever.
Transat will need the right people in place to see them through to the other side.
Calin Rovenescue is working for Brookfield now leading their aviation investment business and it wouldn’t shock me at all to see them enter the ring once Transat is available for pennies on the dollar.
Good time are ahead for Transat gentleman, they just have to see it through.

haironfire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by haironfire »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:09 pm Let’s all reflect on the username that started this post.
I had a good laugh at this one. Thank you.

I will be honest when I say I have stirred the pot in the past just to see the discussion points with smart people that results in the disscussion. No foul there, in my opinion. (Is this not what this forum is about?)

I think the initial comment was to induce discussion? There is a lot of very smart business-minded pilots out there, and this guy was just trying to get the voices shaken out of the cobwebs. Personally, I like a little bit of turmoil while talking amongst friends. I have used it on ex-wives, and lost, so dump the snarky, tricky, well-dressed with big shoes, holier-than-thou attitude, with a Hollywood body and a Nashville voice. Somehow there is salary loss in the end WITH SUPPORT PAYMENTS?

Back to the topic, Bankruptcy. This topic really is a good discussion point though, in my opinion? Something to think about. Far fetched, but let's have a run at it?

How is this going to play out? For the pilots involved, of course they are very concerned, but ALL PILOTS in Canada should be concerned as well and focused. In one way or another it will affect us.

Bankruptcy maybe not so quick? Air transat business plan modifications due to new contracts and business model are very probable? Either forced by Fed Loan Requiments, and Quebec Loan Requirements. Then how is Peladeau going to play this into the new game?

I am not one to focus on doom and gloom, but where is the forecast? How do we make this work? I am very sure many high end people could use some inputs from us pilots in the know, because we have opinons. A lot of good ideas out here.

Please, expand........

SeaBat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SeaBat »

Aviation is dead in Canada for the next few years. Who in their right mind is going to step up and buy a company that has no hope of revenue for the foreseeable future?

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

SeaBat wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 pm Aviation is dead in Canada for the next few years. Who in their right mind is going to step up and buy a company that has no hope of revenue for the foreseeable future?
Well the government did buy a 4.5 billion dollar pipeline....

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

SeaBat wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 pm Aviation is dead in Canada for the next few years. Who in their right mind is going to step up and buy a company that has no hope of revenue for the foreseeable future?
Aviation is booming in the US and Europe, only country in the tank is the Peoples Republic of Canada. Transat will be saved by the Keebec government, paid from Equalization Payments from Alberta.

You just can't make this sh*t up.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-avi ... d-12213586

So this is no longer an issue, you are saying. The problem has been world wide, in case you missed it.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You're dredging up 2 month old stories.

How about a story from today.

.Boris Johnson to announce relaunching of international travel:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... oday-test/

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

How about what traffic looks like.

Notice there's almost nothing over Canada.
16C37C6E-0B67-41D7-8952-D3A8F7BD9F8B.png
16C37C6E-0B67-41D7-8952-D3A8F7BD9F8B.png (176.71 KiB) Viewed 4625 times
6B817EA6-0D8F-40F4-8DFE-DA27ACD49D2B.png
6B817EA6-0D8F-40F4-8DFE-DA27ACD49D2B.png (159.16 KiB) Viewed 4625 times

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

And sorry about the hijack on this thread. That said I think it's ridiculous and inflammatory to bring it up, unless you want to talk about the bankruptcy of the entire sector in this country. A very real possibility based on the trajectory we are on.

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

ZzzzzZZzzZ another stupid thread in this forum

haironfire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by haironfire »

How about this idea? ONEX Swoops in and buys AT at a firesale price. This could expand Westjet's European route structure and add to Westjet Vacations.

Both WJ and AT pilots are ALPA.

Just a thought.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

the thread is valid cause it likely will happen. i am confident ac will survive as we are to big to fail. trudeau knows this he'll give us some help in a few weeks, you'll see.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Huh? My posts were deleted? :smt017

Return to “Air Transat”